The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Barclays Interview Complete. The guy called me half an hour early.. but oh well.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Barclays Interview Complete. The guy called me half an hour early.. but oh well.

Happened here with MS, saved me from getting nervous before it :wink: How'd you get on?
Original post by Beige101
Happened here with MS, saved me from getting nervous before it :wink: How'd you get on?

I suppose we'll see. Admittedly, it went as alright as an interview could go I imagine but its really just dependent on whether I've met their values and criteria. One question threw me a bit lol, it resembled snitching and my mind was like 'do I snitch or do I not snitch' :lol: #ThugLife
I suppose we'll see. Admittedly, it went as alright as an interview could go I imagine but its really just dependent on whether I've met their values and criteria. One question threw me a bit lol, it resembled snitching and my mind was like 'do I snitch or do I not snitch' :lol: #ThugLife

:lol: Hard to keep the values in mind. I remember the personality test.. Constantly thinking, 'I've said teamwork too much, need to pick independent.' Best of luck!
Barclays and MS final round feedback:

Barclays

- follows a set of questions
- make your answers concise otherwise you will have less time on the later ones
- strengths based NOT competency
- interpretation to the question is up to you
- questions relate to how you feel about and deal with difficult situations

MS

- two very different interviews
- commercial awareness is a must
- motivation must be very clear and convince
- ask questions! It is another chance to shine and show off your efforts and knowledge about the industry

All the best people
Original post by welcometoib
president me said first barclays week runs from 23rd march, which is same as cs, and id assume the second one is during the week most ibs have their sws, which is also same as cs

I've had friends who did both Barclays and CS last year. Hopefully they don't clash since i've got an interview with both of them..
Original post by curiouscyrus
Barclays and MS final round feedback:

Barclays

- follows a set of questions
- make your answers concise otherwise you will have less time on the later ones
- strengths based NOT competency
- interpretation to the question is up to you
- questions relate to how you feel about and deal with difficult situations

MS

- two very different interviews
- commercial awareness is a must
- motivation must be very clear and convince
- ask questions! It is another chance to shine and show off your efforts and knowledge about the industry

All the best people

Could you briefly explain what the big differences between strength based and competency are?
competency is more about what are your skills now, when strenght based has a goal to check if you are eager to learn etc
Original post by madvillainy
competency is more about what are your skills now, when strenght based has a goal to check if you are eager to learn etc

What would you say is a typical strength-based question? Thanks
Original post by limpan142
What would you say is a typical strength-based question? Thanks

google it

Was that the guy who couldn't answer any questions about the actual spring week? The only thing he told me was that we we will be screened again (CV, competency questions, tests and interviews) before invited to their AC.
Original post by Manuelle
Was that the guy who couldn't answer any questions about the actual spring week? The only thing he told me was that we we will be screened again (CV, competency questions, tests and interviews) before invited to their AC.

Most probably.
Original post by Mralpha
I've had friends who did both Barclays and CS last year. Hopefully they don't clash since i've got an interview with both of them..

Could you briefly explain what the big differences between strength based and competency are?

Even if both weeks clash is it not clear you could still do both spring weeks...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4732
How long are MS taking to get back to you all after first round?
Reply 4733
Does somebody know the CS HR email?
The wait for your interviewer to call you is just terribble....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
Even if both weeks clash is it not clear you could still do both spring weeks...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Correct me if i'm wrong but do you mean you can do two different spring weeks during the same week?
Original post by Mralpha
Correct me if i'm wrong but do you mean you can do two different spring weeks during the same week?

You could do the first week of barclays and the second week of credit suisse

Even if the two weeks both clash you can still do both spring weeks

Am I missing something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you do if one of your interviewers does not call?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kiirankapoor
What do you do if one of your interviewers does not call?

Posted from TSR Mobile

is this ms again? jeez. If you got the email of the first caller then you could maybe ask them?
Original post by Aenigma
You could do the first week of barclays and the second week of credit suisse

Even if the two weeks both clash you can still do both spring weeks

Am I missing something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats assuming you get no other offers in the week that nearly all ibs host their sw, 13th-17th.

Latest

Trending

Trending