The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shahbaz
No just Israeli fighter jets, bulldozers and everything else, wake up.

Or palestinian rocket and snipers.

There's two sides in this issue. Always remeber that.

Israel has a habit of responding
Everyone knows Jews rule America. Just because they're a minority (even though they get put in the White majority demographic - why?) there are still millions of them and they pretty control every aspect of American life. They own the media, they print the money, they control education and of course politics. Think I'm being an anti-Semite? learn from an American born Jew who converted to Orthodox Christianity.
Original post by Sic semper erat
The Obama administration for the first time is encouraging congress to cut aid to the Palestinian Authority. This should be interesting.

Good to see he's finally earning that peace prize.
Original post by yo radical one
The Jews living in that area wore keffiyehs and referred to themselves as Palestinians before the Arabs ever claimed to be Palestinian.

If you knew anything about the history of that region, you would know that the great grandfathers of today's "Palestinians" would never have called themselves Palestinians, they would have been Egyptian or they would have been Syrian and both Syria and Egypt have their own countries already.

This is true of more or less every country and nationality in the world (including Israel). For example, the great-grandfathers of today's Austrians would have been considered Germans. The ancestors of today's Austrialians and New Zealanders (excluding the Aborigines and Maoris, of course) would have been considered British. Nationality is constructed, and at some points the way it is constructed changes to create a new nationality.
(edited 9 years ago)
Whilst the substance of the letter seems to be justified, the clue to the intentions of the author lie in his last few sentences about Palestinians 'getting back' land they had prior to 1948. It's an unfortunate reality that this isn't going to happen, which makes it an unreasonable demand given the complexities of the conflict. If either side in this situation want to start negotiating properly then each has to drop their respective claims to each others land on either side of the '67 boundary.
http://www.haaretz.com/news/israel-election-2015/1.635696

No intention of reaching peace whatsoever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhngb7c9j5U

It's true. Anyone living in the hope that there will peace in the war is just living in fantasy. The seeds are already sown. The most powerful man on earth is in Israel's side and so will be his successor. Palestine will be a fairy tale in 5o years or so.
Original post by ShotsFired-9941

It's true. Anyone living in the hope that there will peace in the war is just living in fantasy. The seeds are already sown. The most powerful man on earth is in Israel's side and so will be his successor. Palestine will be a fairy tale in 5o years or so.

Putin Supports Israel?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

There will never be a binational state simply because there isn't a need for one, West Bank Arabs will just get Israeli citizenship like Arabs in Israel.
There will never be a binational state simply because there isn't a need for one, West Bank Arabs will just get Israeli citizenship like Arabs in Israel.

Israeli politics as well as the settlers absolutely despise Palestinians. If any of the settler wants to give any Palestinian a torrid time, the settlers can claim one of the Palestinian spit on his face to the authority.

Even Palestinian as old as 7-10 will get jail time as well as beatings for just being brought under such a claim.

What I'm trying to say is that it would probably take billions of flying pigs to see Palestinians get Israeli citizenship.
Israeli politics as well as the settlers absolutely despise Palestinians. If any of the settler wants to give any Palestinian a torrid time, the settlers can claim one of the Palestinian spit on his face to the authority.

Even Palestinian as old as 7-10 will get jail time as well as beatings for just being brought under such a claim.

What I'm trying to say is that it would probably take billions of flying pigs to see Palestinians get Israeli citizenship.

Eastern Jerusalem pals are offered one and some have accepted it. I guess in 1948 the idea of an Israeli Arab would have also been seen as a fantasy.

Won't happen because of Israel's "demographic problem". Netanyahu himself said that if the Arab population of Israel reached 35-40% (if anything, slightly less than the proportion would be should every Palestinian in the West Bank become an Israeli citizen), Israel would have to become a binational state rather than a specifically Jewish one.

Plus it still leaves the question of what happens to Gaza.
Original post by anarchism101
Won't happen because of Israel's "demographic problem". Netanyahu himself said that if the Arab population of Israel reached 35-40% (if anything, slightly less than the proportion would be should every Palestinian in the West Bank become an Israeli citizen), Israel would have to become a binational state rather than a specifically Jewish one.

Plus it still leaves the question of what happens to Gaza.

Natanyahu and his fear mongering. Back in the 80s many 'experts' claimed that by the year 2000 Jews will be a minority. Same claim was made around ten years ago about 2015. Same claim will be made now. It would be interesting to hear people's opinions once the Palestinian Authority stops counting dead people and emigrants in their statistics.
Natanyahu and his fear mongering. Back in the 80s many 'experts' claimed that by the year 2000 Jews will be a minority. Same claim was made around ten years ago about 2015. Same claim will be made now. It would be interesting to hear people's opinions once the Palestinian Authority stops counting dead people and emigrants in their statistics.

I wasn't using the PA's statistics; what I said was based on CIA estimates.
Original post by anarchism101
I wasn't using the PA's statistics; what I said was based on CIA estimates.

Do they have statistics on the number of Israeli settlers?
Do they have statistics on the number of Israeli settlers?

Yes, they estimate about 500,000, including about 200,000 in East Jerusalem.
Can somebody explain to me why Ashkenazi jews and ethiopian jews feel Israel is their homeland, when they have no connection with the land. They have assimilated with their newly adopted countries and I see no reason for them to make "aliyah". It enrages me when I see these red headed ashkenazi jews in particular in settlements deemed illegal by the UN (But ofc this don't apply to the jewish state) and it makes me wonder why they believe they have a historic link to Palestine. I mean a quick DNA test reveals you are native to Poland or Russia. Now this isn't an attack on immigrants, as they do not go into other countries because they have a historic link to them, but in most cases to build new lives. But one of the bases of Israel is that the Jews were promised the land, so yeah if someone could respond to the points i've made i'd be quite appreciative.
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Can somebody explain to me why Ashkenazi jews and ethiopian jews feel Israel is their homeland, when they have no connection with the land. They have assimilated with their newly adopted countries and I see no reason for them to make "aliyah". It enrages me when I see these red headed ashkenazi jews in particular in settlements deemed illegal by the UN (But ofc this don't apply to the jewish state) and it makes me wonder why they believe they have a historic link to Palestine. I mean a quick DNA test reveals you are native to Poland or Russia. Now this isn't an attack on immigrants, as they do not go into other countries because they have a historic link to them, but in most cases to build new lives. But one of the bases of Israel is that the Jews were promised the land, so yeah if someone could respond to the points i've made i'd be quite appreciative.

Your confusion at least partially stems from your incorrect assumptions. Ashkenazi as well as Sephardi and Mizrahi Jews are descended primarily from ancient Levantine Semites. These Jewish groups have also maintained a continuous national and historical consiousness since their expulsion from the Land. Were the genetic link not also there, it would present an intersting 'grandfather's axe' case study in national rights, but it is, so we don't need to go into that hypothetical. Meanwhile, while the genetic link with Ethiopian Jews is more tenuous, you can hardly say that they were safe where they were, nor are/were many other Jews of each ethnic subgroup.

You also seem to make the unwarranted assumption that the UN and/or international law has any sort of inherent moral authority, but that's almost secondary.
Hamas commandos beach infiltration of the war in summer 2014, leaked footage shows what actually happened

[video="youtube;nUTVSv7JkVo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUTVSv7JkVo[/video]

skip to 3:00 when Hamas take on a tank
Reply 6379
I don't understand this video :/

Latest

Trending

Trending