The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
For a 6 month loan, they probably would. Especially since there is no cost for them in terms of sign-on/agent fees/transfer fee.

I doubt they would be paying much of a loan fee + high wages though.

This. Happened with Reina, too.
There's been a lot of change at Liverpool. If Skrtel leaves and Lovren takes over, every player currently in the first 11 from next season have not played a game under Benitez.
Original post by jam277
There's been a lot of change at Liverpool. If Skrtel leaves and Lovren takes over, every player currently in the first 11 from next season have not played a game under Benitez.

In fairness it has been 4.5 years since Rafa left and we've had Hodgson, Dalglish and now Rodgers as manager in that time.

Don't think many teams will remain the same over that period of time and change. Also Rafa bought Sterling so maybe that counts? :colondollar:
When is sturridge coming back ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interesting that the club think we can make an extra £20mil from the increase in seating and corporate facilities from the stadium work. Also they're going to sell the naming rights of one of the stands for another £5mil.

A £25mil increase in revenues a year isn't too shabby?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/liverpool-stadium-anfield-club-expect-to-match-chelsea-in-matchday-revenue-when-their-expanded-new-stand-opens-next-year-9978575.html
Interesting that the club think we can make an extra £20mil from the increase in seating and corporate facilities from the stadium work. Also they're going to sell the naming rights of one of the stands for another £5mil.

A £25mil increase in revenues a year isn't too shabby?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/liverpool-stadium-anfield-club-expect-to-match-chelsea-in-matchday-revenue-when-their-expanded-new-stand-opens-next-year-9978575.html

Only got two more years left of the New Balance/Warrior kit deal, too, so am guessing we'll sign a lucrative one in the next 18 months. Hopefully we don't go with them again.

Not adverse to naming one of the stands. Hopefully it's a company with a bit of a historical link to us. Carlsberg would be great.
Original post by Mackay
Only got two more years left of the New Balance/Warrior kit deal, too, so am guessing we'll sign a lucrative one in the next 18 months. Hopefully we don't go with them again.

Not adverse to naming one of the stands. Hopefully it's a company with a bit of a historical link to us. Carlsberg would be great.

I think we need to step up our performances on the pitch if we want another lucrative deal.

Carlsberg don't pay enough. It's why they were dropped for Standard Chartered.
I think we need to step up our performances on the pitch if we want another lucrative deal.

Carlsberg don't pay enough. It's why they were dropped for Standard Chartered.

Am guessing the naming rights for a stand would be less than a front-of-kit sponsorship?
Original post by Mackay
Am guessing the naming rights for a stand would be less than a front-of-kit sponsorship?

Yea it's only expected to raise about £5mil a year. But then you get very little coverage compared to a front of kit sponsorship.

Think Carlsberg were only willing to pay £14mil a year for shirt sponsor but Standard Chartered came in with £20mil+

Carlsberg are our official beer brand sponsors at the moment anyway.
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/139248-lfc-and-carlsberg-sign-new-deal
Gutted I'm working a painful 3-11pm shift on Saturday.
Gonna miss the entire Villa game; really hope we win.

Although I'll get to see all 3 of our cup games so I suppose that's something! :biggrin:

I'm just a little worried we're gonna go ham against Chelsea and then have a cupset against Bolton :/
Original post by Lúcio
Gutted I'm working a painful 3-11pm shift on Saturday.
Gonna miss the entire Villa game; really hope we win.

Although I'll get to see all 3 of our cup games so I suppose that's something! :biggrin:

I'm just a little worried we're gonna go ham against Chelsea and then have a cupset against Bolton :/

Better not against Bolton since I'll be at Anfield that day :colondollar:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/15/steven-gerrard-liverpool-return-mls-ayre-la-galaxy

“I’ve said openly to Steven and his representatives, as have Brendan and the owners, that we see Steven as part of the family,” he told Liverpool radio station City Talk. “The fact that he’s leaving at the end of the season doesn’t mean it’s the last we’ll see of him at Liverpool. What that means, the details aren’t known yet, but we will keep a regular dialogue with him and I hope we will see him here again in the long term.”

Asked if that could mean a return on loan next January, Ayre said: “It’s conceivable. It happens a lot in MLS and it’s something we talked to Steven and his representatives about. You can’t have someone who has so much of the club’s DNA in them and just expect that it will go away.”

Would be nice to see him come back and do an Henry.

Same!

Ayre says we made Gerrard a "substantial" offer, and he may return on loan. No surprises there.
Original post by Mackay
Same!

Ayre says we made Gerrard a "substantial" offer, and he may return on loan. No surprises there.

I'm excited. It's only the 3rd time I've made it to Anfield (watched Liverpool in London a couple of times too).

you never know!
really hope we can somehow overcome chelsea because it would be spurs or sheff utd in the final
obviously you can never call a final but i'd definitely fancy our chances at a trophy there!
the problem is how the hell do you beat chelsea...

any trophy would be nice tbh - i know people always slate the league cup but funnily enough, those are usually the people that are out of it.

Original post by Mackay
Same!

Same!

I imagine this thread will be rather quiet.
I'm excited. It's only the 3rd time I've made it to Anfield (watched Liverpool in London a couple of times too).

Never been to an away day unfortunately.

Been to Anfield a couple of times a season since 03/04 thankfully, though. Went to both League Cup games at Anfield and Swansea in the league the other week this season, too.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Same!

i'll still be here.....talking to myself.
Original post by Lúcio
you never know!
really hope we can somehow overcome chelsea because it would be spurs or sheff utd in the final
obviously you can never call a final but i'd definitely fancy our chances at a trophy there!
the problem is how the hell do you beat chelsea...

any trophy would be nice tbh - i know people always slate the league cup but funnily enough, those are usually the people that are out of it.

We just need to Luis Garcia them and then watch Mourinho explode.

The first leg is at Anfield so hopefully we can get a good result and then grind out a draw at Stamford Bridge ala Benitez.

Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Same!

It's fine, we can all post from our smartphones :awesome:

Original post by Mackay
Never been to an away day unfortunately.

Been to Anfield a couple of times a season since 03/04 thankfully, though. Went to both League Cup games at Anfield and Swansea in the league the other week this season, too.

Saw Liverpool play at Craven Cottage and at Stamford Bridge (latter in a cup competition) but was sat with the neutral/home fans and not the Liverpool fans :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest