The Student Room Group

I am a 'Fundamentalist Muslim' AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Professor Purple
Yes we all are lol. We all believe in the teachings if the Prophet (pbuh)

Why wouldn't I be?? The good treatment of women is the duty of all muslim men, or have you been brainwashed by the media to think otherwise?

It's not that I'm brainwashed by the media to think this, and I'm sorry if I sounded accusatory, I was just sincerely curious. I don't know a whole lot about Islam or the teachings of Mohammad.
Original post by SnooFnoo
Why can't women show their face/hair?

They can show their face
Original post by gen. AIDEED
They can show their face

Okay a more general question -why do women have to cover any part of themselves? Eg hair....

Ps I know they don't *have* to. You can't force anyone to do anything but for arguments sakes let's imagine a standard Islam following woman...
Wales.
Originally Irish, African and Bajan tho

What part of Ireland:smile:
Is there such a thing as a "non-fundamentalist" muslim?
Were you always a Muslim? If no, what made you convert.
You don't have to answer the second part if you don't want to:smile:
Of course. I'm glad theyre no longer 'around' :smile:

They are still "around" despite the best efforts of Salafist psychopaths. They have just sold 5 million copies of their latest edition.
(edited 9 years ago)
So yeah, I am an 18 y/o mixed race fundamentalist Muslim (not 'extreme' or violent, but fundamentalist, big difference)

AMA

If you are fundamentalist would you not wish to live in a more fundamentalist country?
Choudary fan?

Is he going out on tour?
Original post by william walker
If the Islamist puritans were go around trying enforce Islam and burning poppies were murdered by the UDA what would your view on that be?

Freedom of speech also means people can disagree with it to the point they are glad someone else is dead. So long as they aren't the one who murdered them or helped murder them.

Having the "right" doesn't make it right.
Reply 70
Original post by 286001
If they do print more concerning Prophet Muhammad they'll only be spreading Islam more and its a guarantee some non-muslims will convert due to some sort of curiosity. So they're doing our dawah (spreading Islam) for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As a muslim, isn't it blasphemous to support the publishing of an image of Muhummad?
Original post by BitWindy
Having the "right" doesn't make it right.

Yeah it means the government can't do anything about it so. It isn't a right, it is a freedom.
Reply 72
Original post by moomoobrowncow
He said that he disagrees and feels what you think is wrong, at no point did he attack your freedom to say that you're happy their gone.
And how are they racist or despicable? They were a far left magazine who satirised Jews, Christians, the far right etc, regardless of race. They satirised the prophet also who is representative of your religion, not your race, therefore your assertion of racism against yourselves is unfounded. Finally I atuggle to see how you can not condone what happened while not being sad about the murder of these people who you describe as "despicable and racist", it seems to imply you somehow don't condone and yet are happy theyre dead?

What about putting a satire of the Holocaust and getting sued for anti-semitism.
Original post by dozyrosie
If you are fundamentalist would you not wish to live in a more fundamentalist country?

I am British, why would I leave?
Original post by FlareBlitz96
What part of Ireland:smile:

Cork :biggrin:
Are you Irish?
Reply 75
Original post by SarcasticMel
x.

Being less serious or more serious than the holocaust is subjective. Either all censorship or NO censorship. Can't pick and choose.
(edited 9 years ago)
I am British, why would I leave?

Britain is a tolerant democratic country which allows freedoms that Islam doesn't, so any fundamentalist Muslim would surely feel uncomfortable by such freedoms, Gays, sexual expression, adultery, feminism et al, are surely not the kind of things that appeal to a fundamental minded Muslim. I understand that you may miss the economic benefits of living in a free society, but surely your spiritual life would be enhanced by living in the squalor of the third world.
In this country? No.

In a muslim country, yeah.

how is that a meaningful distinction/answer?
it's like saying "should an economy be state managed?" and you saying "in a communist country? yes. in a non-communist country? no" - it doesn't say anything about how you feel so why don't you just tell us what you actually advocate? because saying you'd rather a death penalty in an islamic country isn't actually saying anything about specific policies themselves which can exist in any regime
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by dozyrosie
Britain is a tolerant democratic country which allows freedoms that Islam doesn't, so any fundamentalist Muslim would surely feel uncomfortable by such freedoms, Gays, sexual expression, adultery, feminism et al, are surely not the kind of things that appeal to a fundamental minded Muslim. I understand that you may miss the economic benefits of living in a free society, but surely your spiritual life would be enhanced by living in the squalor of the third world.

Immorality is rife throughout the world in case you didnt know.

Btw why do non-muslims go to Muslim countries such as Dubai, Turkey, Egypt etc., if muslims are not welcome in this country?
Reply 79
Original post by uer23
Being less serious or more serious than the holocaust is subjective. Either all censorship or NO censorship. Can't pick and choose.

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest