The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by barrinalo
Is an offer by Track reliable? Because I havent actually received a hardcopy letter yet and Im still thinking my offer might be an error or glitch or something.

I think it's more likely you have an offer than a glitch 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GeorgeCZE
Hi. International here. I have been pooled after an unsuccessful application at Churchill. I only received an email stating that I had been pooled as late as today! It said the following:

"Final decisions have yet to be made for a number of applications in Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, including yours and meetings takes place from today until 22 January 2015."

So I guess it is up to 10 more days of waiting. :-( Do you guys think this means that all of us who got pooled and haven't received a decision yet are being considered by all the colleges or rather for an open offer? How likely is it to get an open offer from a pool in comparison to an offer by a particular college? Anyone any idea? Getting a bit nervous as I now know I was close but not quite there.

Anyway, I hope this helps all of you who have been wondering what the hell is going on here. I guess I will rather not ask you about your BMAT results or anything, it would just make me even more nervous. :-)

What were your BMAT results if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by GeorgeCZE
Hi. International here. I have been pooled after an unsuccessful application at Churchill. I only received an email stating that I had been pooled as late as today! It said the following:

"Final decisions have yet to be made for a number of applications in Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, including yours and meetings takes place from today until 22 January 2015."

So I guess it is up to 10 more days of waiting. :-( Do you guys think this means that all of us who got pooled and haven't received a decision yet are being considered by all the colleges or rather for an open offer? How likely is it to get an open offer from a pool in comparison to an offer by a particular college? Anyone any idea? Getting a bit nervous as I now know I was close but not quite there.

Anyway, I hope this helps all of you who have been wondering what the hell is going on here. I guess I will rather not ask you about your BMAT results or anything, it would just make me even more nervous. :-)

Does the letter say that the college ....has recommended you to the winter pool....?
Original post by beauty of maths
Does the letter say that the college ....has recommended you to the winter pool....?

Isn't that the standard wording of pool letters? :confused:
Original post by RainbowVeins
Isn't that the standard wording of pool letters? :confused:

btw I tried sending you a PM but it wouldn't let me cos it said your inbox was full :tongue:
Original post by Clai
I think it's more likely you have an offer than a glitch ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea the status hasnt changed in 24 hours haha so hopefully its true. Thanks for replying.
Original post by aprocrastinator
btw I tried sending you a PM but it wouldn't let me cos it said your inbox was full :tongue:

Could you please try sharing?
Original post by aprocrastinator

Awk I knew it :colondollar: I've been quoted at least 5 times for a full inbox haha

I have sorted it now :tongue:
Original post by RainbowVeins
Awk I knew it :colondollar: I've been quoted at least 5 times for a full inbox haha

I have sorted it now :tongue:

You're just too popular for your own good! :wink: hooray!
Does the letter from the college that you initially applied to stat that...they are recommending you to the winter pool....

could you please share?

Mine does:

"...Unfortunately, due to very stiff competition for places this year, we have not been able to make you an offer. However, we had sufficient confidence in your abilities and potential to recommend you to the Inter-Collegiate Winter Pool,..."

But I read somewhere that it absolutely doesn't matter what the wording in the letter is like, as it is written to each candidate individually and thus, it cannot be always the same.

Take it as you will. BTW What does your letter say?
Original post by Sketches
What were your BMAT results if you dont mind me asking?

Part1: 6.5
Part2: 5.7

Quite satisfied with the first one but unhappy with the second one because I usually had around 7.0 or more in mocks.

Now that I have disclosed this information to you, you can tell me yours.:biggrin:

Anyway, it is probably pointless to speculate here, since we don't know what our interviews scores are. And I hear they are pretty important, too... ;-)
(edited 9 years ago)
Just been rejected after being pooled so I assume they've had the Open Pool offer meeting now and outcomes are being posted. Good luck those still swimming!
Original post by The_Top_Hat
Just been rejected after being pooled so I assume they've had the Open Pool offer meeting now and outcomes are being posted. Good luck those still swimming!

Which college did you apply to please?

How did they let you know?? Has anyone had open pool offers yet?

Hey I'm sorry to hear that, hope you're doing ok and are keeping positive about everything!
How did they let you know?
Which college did you apply to please?

Trinity.

Original post by abigai11
How did they let you know?? Has anyone had open pool offers yet?

Trinity are good at emailing so like that. I was told I was in the open pool so I think they've had the meeting.

Original post by Watchthe
Hey I'm sorry to hear that, hope you're doing ok and are keeping positive about everything!
How did they let you know?

Via email but they said a letter is in the post.
Trinity.

Trinity are good at emailing so like that. I was told I was in the open pool so I think they've had the meeting.

Via email but they said a letter is in the post.

I know someone who has been offered a place at girton to read medicine. An average student. it is bloody unfair. you had been fished out by trinity. That means your Ums, bmat, GCSE, as and predicted al must be extraordinarily exceptional. Best wishes and good luck.
Reply 857
So Ive had my reinterview but havent heard anything from the college that fished me about outcome of my reinterview

But I also havent heard anything from the college that pooled me- no letter, no email, nothing. Other people having the reinterview with me at least got a letter from their original college.
Does that mean anything, or is my original college just exceptionally lazy?
Original post by liass
So Ive had my reinterview but havent heard anything from the college that fished me about outcome of my reinterview

But I also havent heard anything from the college that pooled me- no letter, no email, nothing. Other people having the reinterview with me at least got a letter from their original college.
Does that mean anything, or is my original college just exceptionally lazy?

Unfair. But what can you do? Waiting is excruciatingly painful!
Reply 859

Sorry to hear that man, hope you'll have a place in the other 3 medical schools you applied too. Remember that unlike many other subjects, it doesn't matter which university you go to to study medicine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest