The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Applying without a reference won't look good. Your reasons for doing so are that you left it to late and didn't do any research, so that won't impress anyone.

The no reference option is for people who cannot get a reference - generally because they haven't been in work or education. So someone might have raised a family, or been seriously ill in hospital. You're just unprepared.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 101
Ucas can sort it. You need to contact them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 102
Called the college and shes left the building since lunchtime and wont be returning today. I feel so angry!
Reply 103
Original post by ijacub
Called the college and shes left the building since lunchtime and wont be returning today. I feel so angry!

Don't leave important things so late in future then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ijacub
Hey all!
So I am still waiting for my tutor to do my reference, I have been contacting her a lot over the past 2 weeks to remind her as she keeps forgetting and she said she will do it 100% today but I am really worried.

I don't know what to do as I am relying on this to get into uni and if she forgets is that my chances blown?

hahaha your teacher sounds like a troll
Original post by ijacub

holy crap man that is so harsh!!! wtf
Reply 106
Original post by Juno
Don't leave important things so late in future then

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the pointless reply, but I requested the reference before Christmas
I would make a massive complaint to your college against your tutor.
Personally I would have hounded him/her in person, and not leave until
they submitted the reference.
You know who not to ask for a reference in the future, hopefully you will have another opportunity in the future.
sent mine off now but still waiting for the confirmation email...
Reply 109
I've been on the phone to UCAS for nearly 20minutes now waiting to get through to someone. If it gets to 5 and i still havent spoke to anyone (hopefully not) i'll just have to send it without a reference and call them another day! :frown:
Original post by ijacub
I've been on the phone to UCAS for nearly 20minutes now waiting to get through to someone. If it gets to 5 and i still havent spoke to anyone (hopefully not) i'll just have to send it without a reference and call them another day! :frown:

You are better off applying AFTER the deadline with a reference than before the deadline without one.

You should ONLY apply without a reference if every one of your choices has agreed in advance of applying - and it is rare for universities to agree to this.

If you submit without a reference then you cannot add one at a later date or withdraw and reapply for this cycle.
Reply 111
Original post by ijacub

U'll get into university don't worry... not a really high level ranked but average however that being said you better come up with a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaallllllly good excuse for doing it last min + not having a reference..
Reply 112
My tutor has JUST sent through my reference.... talk about leaving in last minute! Thanks everyone!!!
Original post by sdvds
you better come up with a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaallllllly good excuse for doing it last min + not having a reference..

There's no such thing I'm afraid.
Original post by ijacub
My tutor has JUST sent through my reference.... talk about leaving in last minute! Thanks everyone!!!

unbelievable stuff mate
Reply 115
Submitted mine earlier, literally was running round in circles for a good few hours before anyone at my college decided to actually help me! Stupid really, all done and sent now anyways. Good luck to all with your applications! :smile: I hope you get the university and course you wanted! :smile:
Reply 116
I submitted exactly on 18:00 am I goner?? to unforeseen problem with card payment at end got delayed few mins eek.
Original post by AI14
I submitted exactly on 18:00 am I goner?? to unforeseen problem with card payment at end got delayed few mins eek.

That depends on whether your clock matches UCASs clock.
Reply 118
Original post by AI14

Talk about last minute, damn haha
Reply 119
Original post by PQ
That depends on whether your clock matches UCASs clock.

the confirmation email says exactly 18:00
on their website it says application should be in 'at' 6.00 latest.
and it was exactly that hadn't ticked over

Latest

Trending

Trending