The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jchap9776
9a* 2a at GCSE, 4 A's at AS Level (UMS: maths 300/300 further maths 277/300 history 188/200 economics 192/200) predicted 4a*s at A Level :smile: wbu man?

Did you apply for straight econ history? Or econ history with econ. I have majority a* at GCSE and A*AA at A-Level. When did you apply and when did you find out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2201
Most of the unis I've applied to have updated ucas around 5pm? I don't know if this is a coincidence but is that the general pattern? Hopefully LSE send a batch of decisions today! I doubt they would receive a large amount of applicants today
Original post by Econ95
Most of the unis I've applied to have updated ucas around 5pm? I don't know if this is a coincidence but is that the general pattern? Hopefully LSE send a batch of decisions today! I doubt they would receive a large amount of applicants today

same! almost exactly 5.30, on Thursday or Friday! :smile:
Original post by Stanhope6
Anyone still waiting for BSc Government and History? I sent my application off on October 14th and still haven't had an offer nor a rejection. Seems very odd.

Hey........good luck with that. If you don't mind me asking, though, what are your GCSE and AS grades? That is the course I would pick if I could, but not sure whether to risk it instead of straight history.

There is also less unis I like with History and Politics. Which ones did you go for?

I'm totally freaking out just waiting for my IGCSE results. Waiting for AS results and then decisions must be a ****ing nightmare.
Management folks any news ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gerry_m
Econ history anyone? I applied quite late..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still waiting applied early November on the 8 week wait at the moment
Reply 2206
Hey guys. I applied for the government and economics course in October. However, everywhere else i applied i went for history and economics - in my personal statement i said i wanted to do history and economics. I think my ps is well written - compared to the other lse- caliber applicants in my school. How badly will my chances have been hurt by the content of my ps?

Given that i have received 4,8,2 and 4 week mails, they have clearly read my ps several times - also i got an offer from kings for ppe, which might be an encouraging sign. Should i just give up on LSE? Also is anyone else in a similar situation?
Original post by avar
Hey guys. I applied for the government and economics course in October. However, everywhere else i applied i went for history and economics - in my personal statement i said i wanted to do history and economics. I think my ps is well written - compared to the other lse- caliber applicants in my school. How badly will my chances have been hurt by the content of my ps?

Given that i have received 4,8,2 and 4 week mails, they have clearly read my ps several times - also i got an offer from kings for ppe, which might be an encouraging sign. Should i just give up on LSE? Also is anyone else in a similar situation?

Hang in there. That's one of the most competitive course.
Just received an offer from LSE for straight econs! FINALLY on the last day of my 4 weeks wait
Original post by Onlydabest
Just received an offer from LSE for straight econs! FINALLY on the last day of my 4 weeks wait

Congratulations! Great news that LSE are actually keeping to their deadlines - even if it's at the last second :tongue:
Just got an unconditional for IR!
I'm not stopping refreshing my email right now
Original post by gerry_m
Did you apply for straight econ history? Or econ history with econ. I have majority a* at GCSE and A*AA at A-Level. When did you apply and when did you find out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for bsc economics but haven't found out yet :frown:
Original post by Onlydabest

Well done!
Original post by tlunn223

Congratulations!

When did you apply?
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Congratulations! Great news that LSE are actually keeping to their deadlines - even if it's at the last second :tongue:

Original post by jchap9776
Well done!

Thanks! All the best for your applications! Anyway if anyone wants to know I'm an international student and had my application acknowledged on 1st October so it was a pretty long wait to say the least.
Original post by tlunn223

Congrats!

Graduate or undergraduate IR? When did you apply?

Thanks to pay attention!
Original post by LilliTabea
Congratulations!

When did you apply?

Thanks! I applied at the end of September, can't remember exactly when. It's undergraduate, by the way.
Graduate or undergraduate? When did you apply?
Hey there folks.

I am curious - what's generally "wrong" with all the students who get rejected? Given that you have like A*AA, is it still a lottery? I am just struggling to comprehend how can they reject so many people, assuming most of applicants apply with realistic grades so they have a shot ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending