The Student Room Group

Help - First Time Sex

Me and my boyfriend had sex for the first time on Saturday, in which I lost my virginity, I'm 16 and he's 17.

I am on the Microgynon Pill and we used a condom, yet I worry that I could be pregnant and if I will have to have an abortion.

I'm not happy with this pill and shall be changing on Friday to another pill, but I finish this packet tonight to have my week break.

Is there a likely chance I am pregnant?! I'm seriously worrying!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If having sex despite using both a condom and the pill worries you this much, you shouldn't be having sex.

No, if you've been taking the pill correctly - and it sounds like you have certainly got to the end of one packet without a problem - and used the condom properly, you are not pregnant from this.
Reply 2
Original post by unprinted
If having sex despite using both a condom and the pill worries you this much, you shouldn't be having sex.

No, if you've been taking the pill correctly - and it sounds like you have certainly got to the end of one packet without a problem - and used the condom properly, you are not pregnant from this.

Thank you for your opinion, it has helped.
Unless you're using the condom incorrectly I cannot see how you'd get pregnant.
i think your just a little paranoid here because it was your first time. the pill will work as a method of contraception and is one of the best that your on. even if you miss one day and you have been taking it regularly this should not affect the effectiveness of the pill working anyway and because you have used two methods of contraception you will not be pregnant atall and you dont need to worry
Reply 5
Either buy a couple of pregnancy tests or go to the GP. Better safe than sorry.
Reply 6
Thank you for all your comments, I do agree that I am paranoid about this and I will buy a couple of pregnancy test in the next few weeks just to be sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You'll be fine :smile:. If you're not happy with your pill then by all means choose a different one, but it's very unlikely that you'd be pregnant from the pill and condom combination. And if you are, it's probably some kind of ultra super baby that will be a genius and rich anyway. So keep it.
Reply 8
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
You'll be fine :smile:. If you're not happy with your pill then by all means choose a different one, but it's very unlikely that you'd be pregnant from the pill and condom combination. And if you are, it's probably some kind of ultra super baby that will be a genius and rich anyway. So keep it.

Thank you so much, I really hope you're right and you more than likely are, think I just got a little freaked out in the beginning☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wilson99
Thank you so much, I really hope you're right and you more than likely are, think I just got a little freaked out in the beginning☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Totally understandable! :smile: But try and calm yourself down, as stress can affect your period, which will obviously make you worry even more!
Reply 10
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Totally understandable! :smile: But try and calm yourself down, as stress can affect your period, which will obviously make you worry even more!

Too late haha! But at least I know that stress will affect the timing of my period!

Posted from TSR Mobile
mine was in a toilet, not the cubicle, the actual toilet, we fell in :/
mine was in a toilet, not the cubicle, the actual toilet, we fell in :/
Me and my boyfriend had sex for the first time on Saturday, in which I lost my virginity, I'm 16 and he's 17.

I am on the Microgynon Pill and we used a condom, yet I worry that I could be pregnant and if I will have to have an abortion.

I'm not happy with this pill and shall be changing on Friday to another pill, but I finish this packet tonight to have my week break.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was super worried about being pregnant after my first time too, despite being on the pill. I think it's highly unlikely you are pregnant, but if a test will ease your mind go for it.
I've never got pregnant despite never using any protection (yeah, we're stupid) and having sex at quite possibly the most conception-friendly time of the month. If you're on the pill AND you used a condom there's no chance you're up the duff. Ok, a million trillion bazillion to one chance, on a par with porcines gaining wings.
I was the same as you when I first had sex. Your not pregnant. Trust me, your fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's practically impossible for you to be pregnant, please don't worry! Just as a heads up though I'd recommend you wait til you've been on your new pill for a couple of days for your body to adjust to the hormones etc before you have sex again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest