The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MollyMcFly1
I know we won't hear for another 2 weeks or so but is anyone else getting jumpy already?? :')

Been jumpy for a few weeks now!! Gonna be terrifying when we finally get a response
Original post by cwi111
Definitely! Exeter's now my favourite so I'm really nervous xD

They're my favourite too - they'll be the first one I hear back from as SGUL and Keele will tell me in Feb and UEA not until March when they've interviewed everyone. January has been a dud month for me ha!
Original post by Dr. Django
Been jumpy for a few weeks now!! Gonna be terrifying when we finally get a response

I know...I can't even remember much about the interview!!
Original post by Dr Gin
Definitely wish we could fast-forward...:run:

Me too...but the downside is that we'd then be closer to exams :eek:
I know...I can't even remember much about the interview!!

Same here!

I'm crushing on Exeter so hard. Just want those feelings to be reciprocated :tongue:
Same here!

I'm crushing on Exeter so hard. Just want those feelings to be reciprocated :tongue:

I know the feeling :bawling: - where else did you apply? :smile:
I know the feeling :bawling: - where else did you apply? :smile:

Manchester (interview :smile: ), and then Lancaster and Liverpool who I'm yet to hear from!!

Just a few weeks to go...gonna feel like years!! ... Although there's always potentially being on the waiting list which would mean a longer wait :tongue:
They're my favourite too - they'll be the first one I hear back from as SGUL and Keele will tell me in Feb and UEA not until March when they've interviewed everyone. January has been a dud month for me ha!

I've got an offer from Plymouth and a rejection from Cambridge, but I'm also still waiting on Exeter and UEA :3 I loved Exeter though, both campuses are amazing! :biggrin:
Manchester (interview :smile: ), and then Lancaster and Liverpool who I'm yet to hear from!!

Just a few weeks to go...gonna feel like years!! ... Although there's always potentially being on the waiting list which would mean a longer wait :tongue:

I reckon the offers will come out on Friday 30th.

Plymouth exactly matched the same calendar 'day-of-the-week' date for their offers from last year so hopefully Exeter will too...
Original post by Dr Gin
I reckon the offers will come out on Friday 30th.

Plymouth exactly matched the same calendar 'day-of-the-week' date for their offers from last year so hopefully Exeter will too...

Yeah I'm thinking the same. 2 weeks and a day to go if that is the case :rolleyes:
Original post by cwi111
I've got an offer from Plymouth and a rejection from Cambridge, but I'm also still waiting on Exeter and UEA :3 I loved Exeter though, both campuses are amazing! :biggrin:

Aw congrats on your offer!! Yeah it's gutting UEA won't tell us until mid March!! Soooo long :frown:(
Same here!

Same, from what I saw Exeter is beautiful! I didn't get to have a tour of the accommodation though because I left straight after my interview - I didn't want to get really strongly attached to the uni only to find out they didn't want me! Why do you think it's taking them about a month to sift through applications whereas some med schools take a few days?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maverick07
Same, from what I saw Exeter is beautiful! I didn't get to have a tour of the accommodation though because I left straight after my interview - I didn't want to get really strongly attached to the uni only to find out they didn't want me! Why do you think it's taking them about a month to sift through applications whereas some med schools take a few days?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find this strange too as Plymouth have pretty much the same interview process from what I understand and they let people know within a couple of weeks. Maybe they're referring back to the ucas applications to distinguish between people? I don't think we'll ever know :')
Haven't read through the past few pages, but could anyone please tell me if interviews were handed out in the past 2ish weeks? :smile:
Original post by Nautic4l
Haven't read through the past few pages, but could anyone please tell me if interviews were handed out in the past 2ish weeks? :smile:

In short no. Basically, the final 60 or so interviews will apparently take place in February and most likely will be handed out once those already interviewed have heard their decisions (ie late January).

The 320ish (I think) interviewees thus far will hear 1 of 3 things: they received an offer, were rejected or have been put on the waiting list.

Then the up-to-60 Feb interviewees will be interviewed and the final however many offers will be handed out to the best performers out of the Feb peeps and the waiting list peeps
Original post by Maverick07

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's beautiful. I like Exeter as a place, I like the campus, I reeaaaalllly like the course and just all round it's pretty swell.

I know what you mean about getting too attached tho as in the med applicant game it's more likely to end in heartbreak unfortunately.

I think it's taking them a while as they are trying to do everyone at once and I guess it was prolonged by the Christmas break? Maybe they have also had to factor in other things in 'tiebreaker' cases?

To be honest, hearing by the end of January is pretty damn early and the fact that the vast majority of offers will be made all at once is pretty cool compared to some places that string it out! I feel for anyone currently on the waiting list/who is put on it after interview though as that will be quite tense
In short no. Basically, the final 60 or so interviews will apparently take place in February and most likely will be handed out once those already interviewed have heard their decisions (ie late January).

The 320ish (I think) interviewees thus far will hear 1 of 3 things: they received an offer, were rejected or have been put on the waiting list.

Then the up-to-60 Feb interviewees will be interviewed and the final however many offers will be handed out to the best performers out of the Feb peeps and the waiting list peeps

Very nicely explained! Thanks :biggrin:

I've been put on the reserve list (not the good one, the bad one, if you get me?) so there might be no hope for me then? lol
Original post by Nautic4l
Very nicely explained! Thanks :biggrin:

I've been put on the reserve list (not the good one, the bad one, if you get me?) so there might be no hope for me then? lol

At this point it's hard to tell I'm afraid, but basically if you have good predictions and a decent UKCAT then there is a chance of you being one of the 60 Feb interviewees.

good luck! :smile:
At this point it's hard to tell I'm afraid, but basically if you have good predictions and a decent UKCAT then there is a chance of you being one of the 60 Feb interviewees.

good luck! :smile:

Still not heard from any of my 4 choices. Is it worth chasing them for an update on the status of my application...???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending