The Student Room Group

How often do you shower/have a bath?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amylouisenic
you clearly are dirtier as you think washing with just water is sufficiently hygienic.

edit: and that washing your skin everyday is bad for it - it isn't.

That's rich coming from a white person with no self-respect to even wash their privates after using the toilet. Washing with water is more hygienic than just using tissue that's a fact.

Secondly it's universally known that washing your skin more than once every 2-3 days is repleting your skin off natural oils which makes it more susceptible to irritation and aging - another fact.

You're obviously offended that a lot of Muslims think that non-muslim are dirty and even touching an unclean person can break your ablution (the mandatory washing of hands/face/feet/arms/hairbefore prayer.)
Original post by Master Jack
That's rich coming from a white person with no self-respect to even wash their privates after using the toilet. Washing with water is more hygienic than just using tissue that's a fact.

Secondly it's universally known that washing your skin more than once every 2-3 days is repleting your skin off natural oils which makes it more susceptible to irritation and aging - another fact.

You're obviously offended that a lot of Muslims think that non-muslim are dirty and even touching an unclean person can break your ablution (the mandatory washing of hands/face/feet/arms/hairbefore prayer.)

lol hygiene =/= self respect. How do you know what I do after I've used the toilet. Very presumptuous.

Yes, which is why you moisturise - hence your skin does not dry out due to loss of natural oils.

Finally, I think it's offensive to say all white people are dirtier than muslims, considering the fact that you don't even use soap. And how do you know I'm not muslim? I'm offended by your sweeping generalisations, actually.
lol hygiene =/= self respect. How do you know what I do after I've used the toilet. Very presumptuous.

Yes, which is why you moisturise - hence your skin does not dry out due to loss of natural oils.

Finally, I think it's offensive to say all white people are dirtier than muslims, considering the fact that you don't even use soap. And how do you know I'm not muslim? I'm offended by your sweeping generalisations, actually.

Boom

Posted from TSR Mobile
I shower every day- if I didn't, I wouldn't be clean :s-smilie:.

I don't ever have baths, because I don't like them.
One glorious bath every year... :cool:
Like 4-5 times a week.

It is quite interesting how some people tend to jump to the assumption that if you don't bathe/shower at least once a day, you will become noticeably 'smelly' and thus the people around you will be instantly repulsed.

There are obviously clear individual factors to this topic; certain people do certain things to make themselves more prone to being 'dirty', such as exercise, and some naturally sweat more than others, etc.

There also seems to be an impact of sociological influence, too, as mentioned in my first paragraph above.

Also bare in mind that sweat doesn't immediately radiate a foul stench, and hair could still be maintained temporarily with a bit of brushing. There are also antiperspirants that have long lasting effects, ranging from twenty four to seventy two hours of protection, along with the availability of wet wipes. :smile:

So no, it's not the end of the world if people choose to not bathe or shower every day, and yes, it is a matter of preference.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by namename
How often do you shower or have a bath? Every day, several times a day, 2-3 times a week, 2-3 times a month, never? Why? Why are you showering with that frequency, what determined the number? Do you think that you should shower/bathe more often, less often?

Bath everyday

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol at the discussion between Master Jack and Amy. Amusing.
i wash when i feel dirty, my hair feels too greasy, i've done vigorous exercise or it's been more than 4 days. whichever happens first.
Original post by AnharM
Yeah I like my showers hot too, I mean not extremely hot, but hot enough.

And I don't moisturise my body, do I have to? I used to

And I wash my hair when I'm in the shower, but I only put shampoo/conditioner on once or twice a week because my hair is really thick/dry and apparently putting shampoo on everyday takes away the oil in your hair. Is it okay to wash your hair with just water? Or should I stop washing my hair altogether and only wash it once a week?

Yeah man, you should always moisturise when you get out of the shower. Its great for your skin, keeps it healthy & looking good. Also, it'll help to hydrate your skin if you moisturise after a shower/bath.
What do you mean wash with just water? It wouldn't technically wash it but water on your hair is fine/normal lol. I wash my hair once a week (shampoo & conditioner) but sometimes if I want to wash it twice in the week, the second time I would just wash it with conditioner and then rinse off, instead of shampoo. I think you should be washing your hair once a week because its very dry. Any more than that & you're taking away the natural oils (which is why its dry). Also, whenever you shampoo your hair, make sure you use a conditioner after(!!). Leave the conditioner on for 10 minutes and then rinse off.
Shower 2 a day bath once
Every other day (unless it's how weather or I've been playing sports) but I only wash my hair twice a week.
Daily shower. I cycle daily and I can't cycle slowly, and I'm sweating. So, need a shower. Another shower after gym, and another shower before bed.
Bath not so often. Hot bath just in the Winter after a whole day outdoors, or when feeling a cold coming up.

In the army there was this guy who didn't take a shower. After a week the guys in his room dragged him into the bathroom, and used the broom and cold water to scrub him down.
eww whos voting 2-3 times a week loool
Lol guys!! Every other day!:wink:
Whenever I get around to it. So usually once every 2 - 3 days.

If I'm out, doing stuff, it's more often. If I'm at home, not going out, I tend to leave it a little longer.

Just depends on whether I smell or not.
Everyday, I live and work daily on a farm so I need to shower at least once per dy maybe even twice.
Shower once a day, bath maybe once a year lol

Quick Reply