The Student Room Group

Best body shape for a centre forward?

I'm male, 5'5", 18, what would be the best body for me as a CF?

I'd say I'm like Messi in that my key traits are acceleration and dribbling...However I can't help but think that maybe Messi would do better with a bit of strength, e.g. Aguero.

Right now I'm quite built for my size, but I'm considering getting to Aguero's body. (Won't take long).

How adversely would that affect my pace and dribbling?

Yaya Sanogo is widely held up as the model
Original post by Zürich

I'm saying what body would be right for me...At 5'5"; unless I can grow 6 inches at 18.
Basically Batigol.
Jimmy Bullard
Original post by locomotive99
However I can't help but think that maybe Messi would do better with a bit of strength

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kenan and Kel

That turn at 0:05 :coma:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kenan and Kel

What's wrong with more strength....I.E. Aguero?
Messi is strong already.
Reply 9
it will take you months to reach aguero's physique, considering you said your build is more like messi at the moment, to be honest you should focus on your lower body strength since you're fast (maybe build a good squat and do some plyometrics and vertical jumps), and placing your body between the ball and the defender, because you won't be able to compete with centre backs physically at 5'5", regardless of how big you are (aguero is 5'9") so working on drawing fouls could be an asset, look at how players like messi and hazard shield the ball and get so many free kicks from them
Original post by a_shabba
it will take you months to reach aguero's physique, considering you said your build is more like messi at the moment, to be honest you should focus on your lower body strength since you're fast (maybe build a good squat and do some plyometrics and vertical jumps), and placing your body between the ball and the defender, because you won't be able to compete with centre backs physically at 5'5", regardless of how big you are (aguero is 5'9") so working on drawing fouls could be an asset, look at how players like messi and hazard shield the ball and get so many free kicks from them

Cheers for the helpful post, will definitely look at my lower body.

Sorry if my post was long/confusing but I'd say I'm actually in between Messi/Aguero in terms of upper body. But yeah, thanks again for the reply.
Original post by Zürich

Akinfenwa surely?
Original post by sr90
Akinfenwa surely?

If there was no transfer window, Akinfenwa could just make a career going on week long loans to whoever Liverpool are playing. Mingolet vs Akinfenwa every week :coma:
Original post by Zürich
If there was no transfer window, Akinfenwa could just make a career going on week long loans to whoever Liverpool are playing. Mingolet vs Akinfenwa every week :coma:

He would absolutely bully Smalling, Evans or whichever dross we're playing at CB.
Original post by sr90
He would absolutely bully Smalling, Evans or whichever dross we're playing at CB.

Akinfenwa would get out-paced by a 3 year old kid. SRS.

Smalling could grab on to his Shirt and Akinfenwa could drag him :lol:
Akinfenwa is obese. Rolls of fat all over the shop. Terrible physique.

Imagine if that was Rooney :biggrin:
Original post by Wilfred Little
Akinfenwa is obese. Rolls of fat all over the shop. Terrible physique.

Imagine if that was Rooney :biggrin:

He's got a bit of a gut but it's more muscle than fat. You may be thinking of another League Two stalwart, Steve McNulty.

Idi Amin would score 99 goals a season in the Prem. Total beast.
Reply 18
Weird as **** thread.
Original post by sr90
He's got a bit of a gut but it's more muscle than fat. You may be thinking of another League Two stalwart, Steve McNulty.

He has very good vision.

Quick Reply

Latest