The Student Room Group

Maths higher

I've just done my Maths GCSE's and because I did foundation I managed to get my C. However, they then gave me the option to continue with maths and go on to do higher to try and achieve C+, or drop maths. I decided to drop maths but now regret it and I was thinking as I'm achieving roughly A in English, then I wanted to do further maths to hopefully achieve a B. Can anyone tell me if maths higher is any more difficult? Thanks :smile:
Original post by claudiamendes
I've just done my Maths GCSE's and because I did foundation I managed to get my C. However, they then gave me the option to continue with maths and go on to do higher to try and achieve C+, or drop maths. I decided to drop maths but now regret it and I was thinking as I'm achieving roughly A in English, then I wanted to do further maths to hopefully achieve a B. Can anyone tell me if maths higher is any more difficult? Thanks :smile:

Higher Tier mathematics is harder than Foundation Tier mathematics. Clue's in the name.

If you got a C at Foundation, you should be able to do well at Higher, but there is more content to learn and it's definitely harder. You'll have to study more (not just take the exam because you did well at Foundation Tier...)

Quick Reply

Latest