Scroll to see replies

Reply 4780
Original post by welcometoib
chin up bro, its nothing in grand scheme :smile:

lol i aint. but thanks.

btw its chin up girl* :smile:
one 20 mins int and thats it...? cool bro

Now I am not sure anymore. There was no time given to ask questions, no clarifications. She said we are in the final stages of selecting candidates.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Interview/HSBC-Holdings-Spring-Week-Interview-Questions-EI_IE3482.0,13_KO14,25.htm
i did assume, true. can i ask you a q, you might know more than anyone else on here, out of cs ubs and barclays, which two? based on culture which is v important to me id choose ubs, and since they only do their sw in that one week it would be between cs and barclays for the first week. any thoughts would be much appreciated bro!

Definitely not Barclays.
Personally I'd go for CS, it's much better than the other two. I agree, I really liked the people I've met at UBS but in terms of long term stability, it's rocky; there have been claims that they'll keep on cutting head count in their investment bank. Heard back in the day ubs had an awful druggy-macho-wall street culture which may still exist with the most senior people. Have not heard good things about CS, either, though, tbf

Also, credit Suisse conversion happens just after the spring week whereas UBS is September-ish (I think). If you have a cedit suisse offer in hand you can leverage it (and it's more impressive). On the other hand, it's unlikely you'll be able to hold off the decision for that many months and you'd have to renege.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
Definitely not Barclays.
Personally I'd go for CS, it's much better than the other two. I agree, I really liked the people I've met at UBS but in terms of long term stability, it's rocky; there have been claims that they'll keep on cutting head count in their investment bank. Heard back in the day ubs had an awful druggy-macho-wall street culture which may still exist with the most senior people. Have not heard good things about CS, either, though, tbf

Also, credit Suisse conversion happens just after the spring week whereas UBS is September-ish (I think). If you have a cedit suisse offer in hand you can leverage it (and it's more impressive). On the other hand, it's unlikely you'll be able to hold off the decision for that many months and you'd have to renege.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why not Barclays? By conversion do you mean that is possible at Credit Suisse to go on Summer Internship still in this year after finishing Spring?
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi,
I am a non-EU professional in his mid-career. Although I got a Bs in International Economics, I worked in sales for the most part of my life. Now I am considering a career turn and looking towards some sort of formal education (in part, due to the fact that my first university's name does not say anything). In addition, I am interested in investment decision taking.
Pls if you know a university course that leads towards such degree - Investment Analyst or related (fairly priced), preferably in London, could you pls recommend.
Sorry if off-topic. Thanks!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by hychan
Had mine yesterday. What do you want to know? P.s. probably better to use 'their HSBC interview'. :smile:

anything you would like to share would be awesome thanks :smile:
Generic question, someone please answer. Do banks give out interviews/offers/rejection over weekend or any emails with regards to application is during the weekday?

Monk

Posted from TSR Mobile
I received mail from DB on saturday for example
Okay better post it here...

It was a simple interview. Main questions were Why HSBC? Why investment banking? Question about company values. A commercial awareness question. And some competencies. Also HR conducted the interview. It was a pretty pleasant interview to be honest and I'm sure you guys will all find it fine! Good luck!
Original post by Manuelle
Now I am not sure anymore. There was no time given to ask questions, no clarifications. She said we are in the final stages of selecting candidates.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Interview/HSBC-Holdings-Spring-Week-Interview-Questions-EI_IE3482.0,13_KO14,25.htm

how was it, ok? what in the world, don't they just answer qs straight...
Original post by madvillainy
Why not Barclays? By conversion do you mean that is possible at Credit Suisse to go on Summer Internship still in this year after finishing Spring?

Just a bank declining in reputation with a poor spring week.

No, sorry, the conversion process

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
Just a bank declining in reputation with a poor spring week.

No, sorry, the conversion process

Posted from TSR Mobile

so what is the conversion process, since the answer from google is The conversion process begins when a person considers the possibility of becoming Jewish. :wink:
See the message above, someone said it all. It was ok - 7 questions, 15-20 min interview.

how was it, ok? what in the world, don't they just answer qs straight...
Original post by madvillainy
so what is the conversion process, since the answer from google is The conversion process begins when a person considers the possibility of becoming Jewish. :wink:

When you have your interviews/AC. CS start it straight after their spring week whereas some others start it in September. This is conversion to Summer 2016

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fluker6696
Has anyone else's GS updated to 'interview completed'?

Mine says that too :s must be awaiting a rejection

Posted from TSR Mobile
ubs tele int tomorrow! just got call now, for Ibd. lol i have a barc int in an hour, was worried id been phoned hour early :tongue:

Wait. So they gave you invite today for an interview tomorrow? Less than 24 hours preparation time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
my GS app for tech has still status received, anyone with app for tech has their app status changed?
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey! I am new to this thread. I have applied to a number of SW and just got an mail telling me I was invited to the first round interview for Nomura's Women Program (telephone interview as I don't live or study in the UK). I was wondering if anyone had been through the interview yet and had any advice to give me?? :colondollar:
Original post by Carolin2
Hey! I am new to this thread. I have applied to a number of SW and just got an mail telling me I was invited to the first round interview for Nomura's Women Program (telephone interview as I don't live or study in the UK). I was wondering if anyone had been through the interview yet and had any advice to give me?? :colondollar:

where are you from?
Original post by ProjectNr2
where are you from?

France - I did an LLB at KCL and now I'm at ESCP Europe

Latest

Trending

Trending