The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Firmers 2015

Anyone who is planning to firm IC please post here. What did you apply for? What is your offer?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Me! I applied for Biochemistry with a year in industry :smile: also, is anyone else on here an Oxbridge reject? hahah :biggrin:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
I have an offer for MEng Computing. Cambridge reject but Imperial would have been my firm, even if I did get an offer (no, I'm not a sore loser, that is genuinely true).
Reply 3
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
Yes :frown:
I still think Imperial College is an amazing alternative. I have an interview in 3 weeks for ChemEng!

Definitely! I'm an EU student so already the odds weren't in my favour when I walked in... I was kinda crushed when I heard my Cambridge news but honestly, I expect the atmosphere will be much less competitive than Oxbridge, and even just the fact that it's London means there's so much more to do! Besides... Imperial is tied in 2nd in the QS World rankings with Cambridge and is still above Oxford :tongue:
Original post by MariSea
Definitely! I'm an EU student so already the odds weren't in my favour when I walked in... I was kinda crushed when I heard my Cambridge news but honestly, I expect the atmosphere will be much less competitive than Oxbridge, and even just the fact that it's London means there's so much more to do! Besides... Imperial is tied in 2nd in the QS World rankings with Cambridge and is still above Oxford :tongue:

I'm an EU applicant too! I'm hoping for the same too. What are your stats?
Reply 5
I'm an EU applicant too! I'm hoping for the same too. What are your stats?

I have 45 points predicted in the IB (HL Chem, Bio, Economics and SL English lit, French B, Maths) and I had 9A*s and 2As at GCSE :smile:
Original post by MariSea
I have 45 points predicted in the IB (HL Chem, Bio, Economics and SL English lit, French B, Maths) and I had 9A*s and 2As at GCSE :smile:

Wow! Amazing stats
Reply 7
Wow! Amazing stats

Hahah thank you! :smile:
Firming for Material Science. I'm doing the Ib as well! Woah congrats on such amazig stats. And congrats everyone on all your offers ☺️☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by stuffmatters
Firming for Material Science. I'm doing the Ib as well! Woah congrats on such amazig stats. And congrats everyone on all your offers ☺️☺️
Posted from TSR Mobile

Where else did you apply if I may ask?:smile:
[QUOTE=MariSea;52953409]Where else did you apply if I may ask?:smile:

Only Imperial :tongue:
Original post by MariSea

Even I was seriously upset with the Cambridge rejection...
But I'm over it now! I feel Imperial wld be an amazing place to be...
Yeah its really a big fat workload but the prospect of living in LONDON is like WOW. Growing up in a small town, I feel really fascinated by that :P

Thou I'm waiting to hear back from US colleges that I've applied to.. And then decide if I should firm Imperial!
Reply 12
I'm firming for Chem eng, just have to get A*A*AA now :/
Reply 13
Original post by ChemPrince
Yeah its really a big fat workload but the prospect of living in LONDON is like WOW. Growing up in a small town, I feel really fascinated by that :P

Thou I'm waiting to hear back from US colleges that I've applied to.. And then decide if I should firm Imperial!

Same!
Reply 14
Original post by ChemPrince

Are you a home or international applicant just out of curiosity?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Geophysics with a year abroad and an offer of A*AAA I just want to go already!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemical engineering here! And yeah, another Cambridge reject, but Imperial's still an amazing uni and I'm really happy with it now that I've just about managed to get over the disappointment. Plus although its going to be crazy expensive, I'm really excited to live in London too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I'll be firming for MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering! I'm an Oxford reject but I'm not too bothered any more considering how amazing Imperial is! :P
Reply 18
Original post by mauriceyap
I have an offer for MEng Computing. Cambridge reject but Imperial would have been my firm, even if I did get an offer (no, I'm not a sore loser, that is genuinely true).

I have firmed too for Chemical Engineering. I am also a Cambridge reject but Imperial was my first choice due to the fantastic course. No one believed that I would choose Imperial over Cambridge if it came to it but surely the course counts as much as anything. I want to be a chemical engineer and Imperial allows you the chance to do that from day one. Can't wait for October 😁
Fellow Cambridge reject here.
I have an offer for EEE but still waiting for civil engineering. Either way, imperial will be firm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending