The Student Room Group

Bath or Nottingham for Maths and Economics?

Hi guys, I've seen some previous threads and really need some help! I'm currently studying A-levels in Maths, Further Maths and Economics, and want to study Maths and Econ at uni.

I am currently holding offers from Bath and Nottingham, and can't decide which one to put as my firm. Bath ask for A*AA and Nottingham ask for AAA/A*AB.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with pros and cons (some of the stuff I've seen on here was from like 2010, I wanted some more up to date info) of each uni. I know Economics departments are pretty solid, but certain things like Nottingham is a Russell Group uni and Bath isn't, but Bath has a years placement etc is confusing me and I can't make my mind up. I'm not in any rush, just wondering what your thoughts are?
Original post by Sheeranlover
Hi guys, I've seen some previous threads and really need some help! I'm currently studying A-levels in Maths, Further Maths and Economics, and want to study Maths and Econ at uni.

I am currently holding offers from Bath and Nottingham, and can't decide which one to put as my firm. Bath ask for A*AA and Nottingham ask for AAA/A*AB.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with pros and cons (some of the stuff I've seen on here was from like 2010, I wanted some more up to date info) of each uni. I know Economics departments are pretty solid, but certain things like Nottingham is a Russell Group uni and Bath isn't, but Bath has a years placement etc is confusing me and I can't make my mind up. I'm not in any rush, just wondering what your thoughts are?

Welcome to TSR Sheeranlover! :h:

This is the welcome lounge bit where you post to say hello. You'll definitely get more replies if you post in this section: Applications and UCAS.

I'd also suggest popping in to the sections for Bath/ Nottingham and asking some of the people already studying there so that you can get together a list of pros/cons for yourself.

Obviously gone to open days and stuff right?
Reply 2
Oops lol can clearly tell I'm new at this. I can't seem to navigate on here properly! Thank you though, and yeah I have visited Nottingham, and am going to visit Bath soon :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest