The Student Room Group

Chemistry Exam

Ive got a Chemistry exam this week Friday and i'm worried. My parents are paying for mygcsescience so I will spend as much time as possible watching his video. Chemistry is my weakest subject.
The exam is additional Science and its unit 2.
REAL NERVOUS HELP!
:console:

What exactly are you struggling with in Chemistry Unit 2?

I might be able to assist you :smile:

What exam board you also follow? :holmes:
Is it the full unit your struggling with, I took GCSE chemistry last year and am not doing A levels so maybe I can help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by zhang-liao
:console:

What exactly are you struggling with in Chemistry Unit 2?

I might be able to assist you :smile:

What exam board you also follow? :holmes:

Sorry that I took a while to reply ive been revising all day and still am, i'm just taking a little break a 10 minute one.
AQA
Balancing Equations
mixing different atoms
Reply 4
Original post by MissMia1998
Is it the full unit your struggling with, I took GCSE chemistry last year and am not doing A levels so maybe I can help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So much facts to remember.
I'm doing last minute revision they only told us we had an exam on Tuesday. Then I started revising on Thursday.
I need to get through the whole unit. I'll take some photos of my homework sheet as well inna minute.
With balancing equations I found that it helps if you write down the amount of elements at each side of the equation before attempting to balance them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zeetingman
Sorry that I took a while to reply ive been revising all day and still am, i'm just taking a little break a 10 minute one.
AQA
Balancing Equations
mixing different atoms

Aaah I see, I did AQA Chemistry in Year 10 and achieved an A*

Mind providing an example you struggle with on Balancing Equations?

What do you mean by Mixing Different Atoms? Displacement reactions?
Original post by Zeetingman
So much facts to remember.
I'm doing last minute revision they only told us we had an exam on Tuesday. Then I started revising on Thursday.
I need to get through the whole unit. I'll take some photos of my homework sheet as well inna minute.

Chemistry is not about remembering facts, if you understand it properly then you shouldn't need to memorise very much at all
It's mostly for unit 3 that is remembering things

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Someone explain Paper Chromostrgraphy to me, I can't find it in my textbook or my class book :O
Right paper chromatography is where you put a line (with pencil so it doesn't deprecate the colours) and put for dot of food dye (or something like that) along that pencil line. When you the put this in water the different pigments in the die will separate by mass the heavy pigments will stay near the pencil line where as the lighter pigments will travel up with the water. I might of explained that badly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MissMia1998
Right paper chromatography is where you put a line (with pencil so it doesn't deprecate the colours) and put for dot of food dye (or something like that) along that pencil line. When you the put this in water the different pigments in the die will separate by mass the heavy pigments will stay near the pencil line where as the lighter pigments will travel up with the water. I might of explained that badly

Posted from TSR Mobile

Either way i'm writing that down in my notebook. Just know if I get it wrong in the exam your to blame lol. Thanks anyway.
How the Exam went?
Well, it went fine to be honest. The questions were fairly easy it was basic knownledge tbh.
I know I definatly didn't get a D+, because I got over 14.
I probably got a C+ or a B-
My teacher is a generous marker so if i'm one mark away he'll give me the grade above. There was one rfm question I know I got it right. There was a percentage yield question at the end that was simple. I'm starting to like Chemistry, I appreciate every bit of help once again thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest