The Student Room Group

What is the best way to find out if a girl is happy in her current relationship?

Do you just ask her? Like...stroll up to her and be all 'hey...by the way, does your lover satisfy you?'

We're talking about a relationship thats been going on for like 1-2 years I guess.

Or do you not ask and just wait until she volunteers some information.
If you're asking as a concerned friend, then just go ahead and ask.

If you're asking as a creep looking to move in on her, then you should maybe reconsider your attitude to finding a partner.
Original post by Anonymous
Do you just ask her? Like...stroll up to her and be all 'hey...by the way, does your lover satisfy you?'

We're talking about a relationship thats been going on for like 1-2 years I guess.

Or do you not ask and just wait until she volunteers some information.

Take her on a long drive, now ask/say anything you wish. She has no escape. It almost worked for someone here on TSR....:biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Calpurnia
If you're asking as a concerned friend, then just go ahead and ask.

If you're asking as a creep looking to move in on her, then you should maybe reconsider your attitude to finding a partner.

Yes I'm her friend and I am extremely concerned for her.
Basically, if she looks at another hot guy with puppy eyes you've lost it my friend.
Reply 5
Original post by Stefano93
Basically, if she looks at another hot guy with puppy eyes you've lost it my friend.

Hmm yeh, I've never really seen them together though.
Yes I'm her friend and I am extremely concerned for her.

then ask her. why beat around the bush? justify your concern then ask
Reply 7
Original post by CalvinJ21
then ask her. why beat around the bush? justify your concern then ask

Right so something like...

Im really concerned that your current relationship isn't working for you, you look upset all the time. Do you agree? Is it time for a change?
If you're close enough to her to ask the question at all, you should be able to ask it outright without worrying about it. If she says she is happy, let her know that she can talk to you about anything, whenever she likes. If she says she is unhappy, then help her work through her emotions about the situation.
Right so something like...

Im really concerned that your current relationship isn't working for you, you look upset all the time. Do you agree? Is it time for a change?

no, that just seems like you're trying to escape the friend zone. (if you're interested that is)
but what you said seems like instead of being concerned and trying to remedy the situation, you're trying to eliminate it all together. just mention your concern and that you notice certain things and ask if everything is alright. don't try to put the idea of change in her head. that's not your place
Very easy. Bring up the topic by talking about let's say your dating life, saying something about the people being fun but no one you're really into. Now you're on the topic say these magical words:

"You're lucky you have a bf you love so much. I bet he's the type that brings you flowers and chocolates aye?" or something to that effect.

This works perfectly. Let me explain. Let's look at it on the other side and you say, "I bet you're bf is terrible, I could do a better job". She goes instantly on the defensive backing him up, even if he's the worst. However doing it in the way I said has the opporsite effect. She's typically going to say "Ehh he used to, not any more."... and might go on to say other stuff or you can gently push for it by saying stuff like "You're lying!" or "Really?"

- Ladies Expert.
Original post by iAmanze
Very easy. Bring up the topic by talking about let's say your dating life, saying something about the people being fun but no one you're really into. Now you're on the topic say these magical words:

"You're lucky you have a bf you love so much. I bet he's the type that brings you flowers and chocolates aye?" or something to that effect.

This works perfectly. Let me explain. Let's look at it on the other side and you say, "I bet you're bf is terrible, I could do a better job". She goes instantly on the defensive backing him up, even if he's the worst. However doing it in the way I said has the opporsite effect. She's typically going to say "Ehh he used to, not any more."... and might go on to say other stuff or you can gently push for it by saying stuff like "You're lying!" or "Really?"

- Ladies Expert.

Yeh this is good stuff. Thank you!
Yeh this is good stuff. Thank you!

Could always throw me a thumbs up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending