The Student Room Group

Need help making a decision with regards to university

Applied for maths at Cambridge. After being pooled and re interviewed I got rejected by Cambridge. I really wanted to go there so I was very gutted. Really starting to think I didn't choose my choices too wisely. My only other choices which I want to attend are Durham and Bristol. Wishing I'd applied to Warwick now. Is there anyway I can do that?

What are your thoughts on what I should do? I was thinking of going for cambridge again next year but I don't really fancy the gap year too much. Do Warwick ever use clearing for maths or anywhere else decent for that matter?
Reply 1
Original post by willjeffcott
Applied for maths at Cambridge. After being pooled and re interviewed I got rejected by Cambridge. I really wanted to go there so I was very gutted. Really starting to think I didn't choose my choices too wisely. My only other choices which I want to attend are Durham and Bristol. Wishing I'd applied to Warwick now. Is there anyway I can do that?

What are your thoughts on what I should do? I was thinking of going for cambridge again next year but I don't really fancy the gap year too much. Do Warwick ever use clearing for maths or anywhere else decent for that matter?

Given how competitive Warwick is for maths I very much doubt they enter clearing. I'm sorry to hear about your Cambridge rejection, have you received your feedback as to why? Durham and Bristol are excellent unis so don't take the decision to skip a year lightly. I would highly recommend NOT skipping a year in fact, as Cambridge don't like mathmos to take a year out as maths ability atrophies quite quickly. It's an unfortunate situation you're in, but I'm not sure if there's any way out of it. Consider applying to Cambridge for postgrad maybe?

Quick Reply

Latest