The Student Room Group

A-level maths help

I was really considering getting a tutor for a-level maths but after looking at the price there's no way that I can afford one:frown:. I'm just looking for someone who I can contact to help me with some maths related questions when I get stuck because I have no friends who do it and the teachers at my college are constantly busy. Obviously not many people would like to do it for free, but if you're very kind and considerate then any help would be appreciated :biggrin:
Original post by abbie4321
I was really considering getting a tutor for a-level maths but after looking at the price there's no way that I can afford one:frown:. I'm just looking for someone who I can contact to help me with some maths related questions when I get stuck because I have no friends who do it and the teachers at my college are constantly busy. Obviously not many people would like to do it for free, but if you're very kind and considerate then any help would be appreciated :biggrin:

AS or A2 and which board?
You can always ask for help on specific questions in the study help forums.
Reply 3
Original post by M.revision
AS or A2 and which board?

Both, I'm doing my A2 at moment and AS along side because I'm resitting them all. It's AQA and I'm doing stats and decision with core 1/2/3/4😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Both, I'm doing my A2 at moment and AS along side because I'm resitting them all. It's AQA and I'm doing stats and decision with core 1/2/3/4😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's a lot haha, I could help with C1 but that's about it :smile:
Both, I'm doing my A2 at moment and AS along side because I'm resitting them all. It's AQA and I'm doing stats and decision with core 1/2/3/4

Posted from TSR Mobile

C1 and C2 will seem very easy once you get used to C3 and C4. C3 and C4 will need a lot of practice.
A lot of statistics is remembering what numbers and equations you have to read out of the formula book when. The maths in D1 is easy, but you have to take the exam at least half seriously and work on remembering all of the algorithms.
Reply 6
Original post by morgan8002
C1 and C2 will seem very easy once you get used to C3 and C4. C3 and C4 will need a lot of practice.
A lot of statistics is remembering what numbers and equations you have to read out of the formula book when. The maths in D1 is easy, but you have to take the exam at least half seriously and work on remembering all of the algorithms.

I did a C3 mock and got a B, and I did a C1 mock and got an E, I seem to have remembered all of the hard stuff and forgot the easy! And I can do decision I just need to keep going over it, but stats is starting to worry me because I just can't get my head around some stuff!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did a C3 mock and got a B, and I did a C1 mock and got an E, I seem to have remembered all of the hard stuff and forgot the easy! And I can do decision I just need to keep going over it, but stats is starting to worry me because I just can't get my head around some stuff!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mostly it's just practice, the more you do the easier it will become.

Quick Reply

Latest