The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

The UCL PPE thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rid
I'm not reapplying either, but I was still curious. Got 60.9 so I'm sure that's why I was rejected

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ooftar
Hah I got 60.9 too! The past three years the score required for interview was 61 so I'm feeling a little annoyed right now ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! It's really annoying how close it was, but wherever we end up it's going to be good :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 181
Original post by Dprince
I've just been on the phone with the Social and Political Science office at UCL!

They said they have received something like 700 applications for 30-35 places haha.

They did say they were probably going to give out upwards of 100 offers though.

Oh god, that's real stiff competition

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 182
Original post by economicsrocks
Same! It's really annoying how close it was, but wherever we end up it's going to be good :smile:

Agreed! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rid
Oh god, that's real stiff competition

Posted from TSR Mobile

Such tight competition!
Original post by Dprince
I've just been on the phone with the Social and Political Science office at UCL!

They said they have received something like 700 applications for 30-35 places haha.

They did say they were probably going to give out upwards of 100 offers though.

That is so competitive! 20 applicants per place is crazy.
That is so competitive! 20 applicants per place is crazy.

I know!!! Some will be speculative though.. For example my friend from Australia has applied just because he applied to Oxford and had 4 other UCAS spaces to fill haha!

Also fitting in to the speculative category will be those who had it as a miles in front first choice never expecting to get it, as opposed to most of us who had it as an insurance after Oxford :smile:
Original post by Dprince
I know!!! Some will be speculative though.. For example my friend from Australia has applied just because he applied to Oxford and had 4 other UCAS spaces to fill haha!

Also fitting in to the speculative category will be those who had it as a miles in front first choice never expecting to get it, as opposed to most of us who had it as an insurance after Oxford :smile:

Ah yes, that's true. I just want them to hurry up now haha :tongue:
Ah yes, that's true. I just want them to hurry up now haha :tongue:

She said the offers are given in cycles and the first offers should be going out any day now! :smile::biggrin:
Original post by Dprince
She said the offers are given in cycles and the first offers should be going out any day now! :smile::biggrin:

Omg!!! :biggrin: wow thats exciting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Teddysmith123

Posted from TSR Mobile

/depressing if we don't get an offer and know that we have to wait even longer :frown: and each time we know there's less and less chance :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let's go for optimism though!! It's always the best way to deal with UCAS haha!!!

We are all obviously the most dedicated as we're forum'ing about it, so we will all get offers :wink::rolleyes::tongue:
Original post by Dprince

Ahh finally!! Hopefully we won't have to wait much longer then! :biggrin:
Original post by Dprince
We are all obviously the most dedicated as we're forum'ing about it, so we will all get offers :wink::rolleyes::tongue:

I really really hope so :biggrin:
My email has become my best friend.
gahhhhhhhh
UCL is the only one I haven't heard back from.
I really really hope so :biggrin:

So do I!

Original post by kurofune
My email has become my best friend.
gahhhhhhhh
UCL is the only one I haven't heard back from.

Which others have you heard back from?
Original post by Dprince
Which others have you heard back from?

Edinburgh, KCL, LSE, and Oxford. Rejection from Oxford, but who cares. Offers from the rest. Did you hear from the ones you applied to?
Original post by kurofune
Edinburgh, KCL, LSE, and Oxford. Rejection from Oxford, but who cares. Offers from the rest. Did you hear from the ones you applied to?

Yeah I've got unconditionals from Nottingham, Bristol, rejection from Oxford and waiting on KCL and UCL.
Original post by Dprince
Let's go for optimism though!! It's always the best way to deal with UCAS haha!!!

Haha well I guess being slightly optimistic is better than thinking of the worst possible outcome! Plus I'm just glad that we'll be hearing something soon but regardless it is going to be stressful to say the least...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dprince

Any day is that like in a week or tomorrow? Did she specify further and do you think it's beneficial to have been asked in which direction you want to pursue your degree?
Haha well I guess being slightly optimistic is better than thinking of the worst possible outcome! Plus I'm just glad that we'll be hearing something soon but regardless it is going to be stressful to say the least...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly! I'm relying on it so much :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest