The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by andrewdwilliams
Assalamu alaykum. I'm not a Muslim, but I have a great respect and interest in Islam. I study GCSE Religious Studies and through this and my own research, I have found out several things about Islam and I would say it is one of the wisest of all the religions. There are some things I don't agree with in Islam, but more things that I do agree with.

So, in other words, I'm saying hi and declaring an interest in this thread.

Hello there
Assalamu alaykum. I'm not a Muslim, but I have a great respect and interest in Islam. I study GCSE Religious Studies and through this and my own research, I have found out several things about Islam and I would say it is one of the wisest of all the religions. There are some things I don't agree with in Islam, but more things that I do agree with.

So, in other words, I'm saying hi and declaring an interest in this thread.

Welcome! :h:
What interests you most about Islam?
Original post by gen. AIDEED
Do you know how i can find the him? i searched him in search bar couldn't find him

His username is actually goobypls :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Up quark
His username is actually goobypls :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you sufi?
Original post by HSafirah
Oh so that's TMG - now I know how he looks like. So it's true then that Ideas like to post pics of TMG

Loln

Yeh. Ideas is his fanboy :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:teehee: I didn't even take this one :tongue:
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Pretty cold in jail like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jail seems nice
Original post by ImNotMe
Welcome! :h:
What interests you most about Islam?

I'd say half the history and culture behind it and the other half some of the teachings of Islam. Such as teetotalism, Zakah, describing the process of fertilisation, and various other things.
are you sufi?

I dont really like talking about sects and stuff but no, i am Sunni. Now that i think about it, I'm not sure if sufism is a sect of islam actually..:dontknow:

I learn about the qur'an and sunnah and this is all i aim to follow. Nowhere have i comes across this sort of dancing-like remembrance

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I dont really like talking about sects and stuff but no, i am Sunni. Now that i think about it, I'm not sure if sufism is a sect of islam actually..:dontknow:

I learn about the qur'an and sunnah and this is all i aim to follow. Nowhere have i comes across this sort of dancing-like rembrance

Posted from TSR Mobile

where can i find a Sufi?
I'd say half the history and culture behind it and the other half some of the teachings of Islam. Such as teetotalism, Zakah, describing the process of fertilisation, and various other things.

Thats cool, if you have any questions about Islam or Theology, don't hesitate to make us useful! ask away :biggrin:
Original post by IdeasForLife
No offence to him but he's just very liberal. He doesn't come across like a knowledgeable sufi. He's probably not the person to ask.

Yeah he definitely isn't very knowledage especially after what he said to me and you in your thread.

Do you know how i can find the him? i searched him in search bar couldn't find him

Link to his profile straight from my ignore list :biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=1470228
where can i find a Sufi?

A lot of Sufism predates Islamic teachings
Original post by K1NG93
Yeah he definitely isn't very knowledage especially after what he said to me and you in your thread.

just sent him a message :smile: thanks buddy
Original post by ImNotMe
A lot of Sufism predates Islamic teachings

can you give me a few examples? sorry i may ask a lot of questions i'm just curious
just sent him a message :smile: thanks buddy

No problem :smile:
Original post by K1NG93

If you think that then do not send people to him for islam question answering.
Original post by IdeasForLife
If you think that then do not send people to him for islam question answering.

He is a sufi so I thought he knows more about Sufism than we do.
Original post by K1NG93
He is a sufi so I thought he knows more about Sufism than we do.

i just read up on sufism on wiki seems quite interesting and i don't see anything wrong with it tbh
i just read up on sufism on wiki seems quite interesting and i don't see anything wrong with it tbh

I don't much about Sufism and so I don't know where it fits in with Islam.
Reply 818
is this allowed in Islam?

[video="youtube;-UEfxFJXql0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UEfxFJXql0[/video]

the way they're doing dhikr maybe controversial but the dhikr itself (repeating Lailaha illAllah out loud as a way of remembering Allah) not a problem in fact Muslims should remember Allah all the time.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ko111
the way they're doing dhikr is controversial but the dhikr itself (saying Laila illallah out loud as a way of remembering Allah) not a problem.

are sufi still sunni? i just read on wiki they are sunni?

Latest

Trending

Trending