The Student Room Group

Israeli Ambassador Attempts to Penalize British MP due to TWEET

Israeli Ambassador Attempts to Penalize British MP due to TWEET,Freedom of Speech yo

http://rt.com/uk/222631-clegg-netanyahu-tweet-ward

The Israeli ambassador to Britain has written to Liberal Democrat leader and deputy PM Nick Clegg to condemn a tweet posted by David Ward MP on the presence of the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the solidarity march in Paris on Sunday.

During the march, which followed last week’s terror attacks in the French capital that left 17 people dead, Lib Dem MP Ward tweeted:
“#Netanyahu in Paris march what!!! Makes me feel sick,” and “Je suis #Palestinian.

Scroll to see replies

It's like bro science seems to be a sock puppet of Hamas.
Original post by MatureStudent36
It's like bro science seems to be a sock puppet of Hamas.

Ah, a typical response. Never heard that before!! /s.

Criticising the hypocritical actions of Israel != Supporter of Hamas.
Original post by broscience123
Ah, a typical response. Never heard that before!! /s.

Criticising the hypocritical actions of Israel != Supporter of Hamas.

I tend to distrust anybody using RT as a source. It's not like theyve got previous for making stuff up does it.
You do know Rt is run by the russian government dont you?
I tend to distrust anybody using RT as a source. It's not like theyve got previous for making stuff up does it.
You do know Rt is run by the russian government dont you?

It takes literally 2 seconds to google the story.

BBC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30803254

Guardian
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/14/israel-protests-nick-clegg-netanyahu-tweet-david-ward

The can you quite those in the first place please.

Politician representing the protest vote party tweets something unimportant to the majority of the electorate and upsets and ambassador who is going through the motions.

I'd be more interested if you could find a news article showing the Palestinians ambassador condemning the Paris attacks. Better still a palestinians politician condemning the rocket attacks against Israel that have happened since 2001.
He has every right to condemn anything and write to anyone. I don't see a problem with that.
Original post by clh_hilary
He has every right to condemn anything and write to anyone. I don't see a problem with that.

Nor do I

It seems some people really don't understand how this free speech thing works:rolleyes:
Original post by PopaPork
Nor do I

It seems some people really don't understand how this free speech thing works:rolleyes:

Most people don't.
Reply 9
Original post by clh_hilary
Most people don't.

Particularly those morons that whine on about political correctness.
Reply 10
The MP is completely correct and Netanyahu's typical overblown pathetic response simply proves his point. The whole march was a circus of hypocrisy. Netanyahu banned Israeli journalists from entering Gaza during the 2014 Massacre and the IDF killed a number of journalists. World leaders generally don't support freedom of speech at all.

The can you quite those in the first place please.

Why should he? He has freedom of expression and can quote whichever news source he wants.
The Charlie Hebdo media circus have only rattled the hypocrisy of those who argue for the freedom of expression. Clearly the limitations of freedom of expression are unapplied to Muslims/Arabs.
(edited 9 years ago)
He's a Bradford MP, so obvious he's a dickhead.
What was that name of the Labour MP who said Israel will reap what it sowed? I don't know how anyone who considers themselves an anti-Zionist would support two parties who in their history have been ruled by Zionist Jewish interests. It seems to me Zionism was originally about a Jewish state, but since that was created long ago shouldn't Zionism have died? Nope, now it's just about Jewish hegemony over the West. Look back at Blair, the Iraq war and remember who he surrounded himself with. His top campaign contributor was Lord Levey, who was a multicultural melting pot, white genocide loving Zionist Jew.
Original post by broscience123
Israeli Ambassador Attempts to Penalize British MP due to TWEET,Freedom of Speech yo

http://rt.com/uk/222631-clegg-netanyahu-tweet-ward

I don't see what the problem is. The MP made a tweet, exercising his freedom of speech. The Israeli ambassador exercised his freedom of speech by writing a letter.

By the way, the tweet was in bad taste. Netanyahu marched at the front of the protest with Mahmoud Abbas, I thought it was a really good symbol of how the entire world is opposed to these medieval obscurantist murderers

I'd be more interested if you could find a news article showing the Palestinians ambassador condemning the Paris attacks

In fairness, Mahmoud Abbas was marching at the front of the protest with Netanyahu. It was a great symbol of how the world is opposed to such terrorist murderers.

You are right to point out, though, that many of broscience comments comes across as Hamas sockpuppetry
Reply 16
Original post by young_guns

You are right to point out, though, that many of broscience comments comes across as Hamas sockpuppetry

****!!!! Best get the tin foil out guys1!!!!!1!1
Original post by Person1001
Clearly the limitations of freedom of expression are unapplied to Muslims/Arabs.

What does that even mean?
Original post by n00
****!!!! Best get the tin foil out guys1!!!!!1!1

Isn't that an odd comment for someone who regularly shrieks about government surveillance?
Reply 19
Original post by young_guns
Isn't that an odd comment for someone who regularly shrieks about government surveillance?

I know right.

Aren't you sposed to be perma banned?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending