The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

4 year Wellcome trust DTP in Neuroscience @ Oxford Funding application help

Hey

I'm currently applying for the 4 year wellcome trust dtp for neuroscience at Oxford and the funding part of the application form is boggling my mind! If the welcome trust are funding the programme are you automatically applying for the studentship or do you have to apply separately?

Also as there aren't many places is it worth trying to apply for a scholarship this late, as the deadline is next Friday :/

Any help would be amazing!
Thanks
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by LaurenCharlott3
Hey

I'm currently applying for the 4 year wellcome trust dtp for neuroscience at Oxford and the funding part of the application form is boggling my mind! If the welcome trust are funding the programme are you automatically applying for the studentship or do you have to apply separately?

Also as there aren't many places is it worth trying to apply for a scholarship this late, as the deadline is next Friday :/

Thanks

You'll be considered for all types of funding when you apply :yep: From what I remember, only a couple require further info and the two that will fund you don't :yep:
Hey

Thanks

Hey, I'm currently applying for a DPhil too (NDORMS). I believe you are automatically applying but was there an option for the Wellcome Trust on the drop-down menu?

And which college are you going for?
Hey, there was an option for the wellcome trust on the dropdown box but it was for alternative funding, so I presumed that was for in case that funding wasn't available...

And I'm going for Magdalen you?
Original post by Slowbro93
You'll be considered for all types of funding when you apply :yep: From what I remember, only a couple require further info and the two that will fund you don't :yep:

Thank you :smile:
Hey, there was an option for the wellcome trust on the dropdown box but it was for alternative funding, so I presumed that was for in case that funding wasn't available...

And I'm going for Magdalen you?

Aw ok...so complicated!

Magdalen looks really nice. I went for Hertford in the end.

Have you heard anything re interview?
I know! It really is!

I looked at that one too!

No I haven't, I got an email to say my application was complete and for msc course they would be informed in March. Have you?
I know! It really is!

I looked at that one too!

No I haven't, I got an email to say my application was complete and for msc course they would be informed in March. Have you?

Did you go and look around? I was tempted by Ch Ch, Balliol, Mag & Hertford...but went for Hertford based on a recommendation!

Do you have to do an msc and then progress to DPhil? Or separate applications?

I have an interview next week...:-S
Original post by dapthegreat
Did you go and look around? I was tempted by Ch Ch, Balliol, Mag & Hertford...but went for Hertford based on a recommendation!

Do you have to do an msc and then progress to DPhil? Or separate applications?

I have an interview next week...:-S

No I went off a recommendation too, a friend of mine said it was really picturesque.

No it's just one application, as it is a combined degree :biggrin:

Ah wow! Well done!! Good luck!
No I went off a recommendation too, a friend of mine said it was really picturesque.

No it's just one application, as it is a combined degree :biggrin:

Ah wow! Well done!! Good luck!

Hopefully they have advised us well!

Thanks - quite a quick turn around so rushing to prepare really!

Good luck too :smile:
Posting this thread to get notifications :biggrin: As you know I've applied to the Oxford and UCL ones. Let me know if you've heard anything re: Oxford! I haven't and neither has someone else I know who's applied, so I'm guessing they haven't sent invitations yet (well, hoping that's the case). I suspect it will be next week, maybe early next week..
Reply 12
Original post by punctuation
Posting this thread to get notifications :biggrin: As you know I've applied to the Oxford and UCL ones. Let me know if you've heard anything re: Oxford! I haven't and neither has someone else I know who's applied, so I'm guessing they haven't sent invitations yet (well, hoping that's the case). I suspect it will be next week, maybe early next week..

Anyone got accepted to for the Clinical Neurosciences Dphil program? I did not see anything in the drop down menu during my application process. And they asked me for a 'code' for specific departmental scholarships ( i checked in the departmental website but nothing was advertised). Hence i did not check anything! Does that mean I will not be considered for funding? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest