The Student Room Group

Anti-feminist Justice For Men And Boys Party enters the General Election...

Scroll to see replies

This kind of party is a disgrace to politics. It's pure misogyny, through and through.

Thankfully I have no worries this party will find no success, especially under an electoral system that requires a majority vote in a constituency to earn a parliamentary seat. Their kind of sexism is deeply offensive and so few people hold sexist views to this extreme degree nowadays.
Original post by Reluire
This kind of party is a disgrace to politics. It's pure misogyny, through and through. What bit shows hatred for women?

Thankfully I have no worries this party will find no success, especially under an electoral system that requires a majority vote in a constituency to earn a parliamentary seat. Their kind of sexism is deeply offensive and so few people hold sexist views to this extreme degree nowadays.

Why don't you read what their plans are directly & not through some 3rd party where his views are not represented?

This is a chance to learn how the state disadvantages boys & men (have experienced myself). I do try to educate guys in their 20s (i.e. people who have been or r in employment) & they get it.

Being anti-feminist doesn't mean anti-woman & if there was equality then woman would suffer more, especailly with what our taxes are spent on. A 2011 report by the Fawcett Society showsed how cuts were pushing women out of the workforce, driving down their income - i.e. woman rely on subsidies to be equal. If that's the case then surely more should be spent on how Society is failing boys/men.

https://j4mb.wordpress.com/2015-general-election-manifesto/

Actually I am having fun commenting on http://www.buzzfeed.com/jamieross/an-anti-feminist-party-is-standing-in-the-general-election?
It shows me ignorant people (>90% there) can only make insulting comments, the others I can discuss.
being anti feminist doesn't make you a misogynist
Reply 4
Original post by Greg Jackson
being anti feminist doesn't make you a misogynist

I agree, but its quite clear these jokers are misogynists:rolleyes:
Don't see a whole lot wrong with their "worst" policies.
Original post by Olie
I agree, but its quite clear these jokers are misogynists:rolleyes:

I don't do feminist babble, for the non-feminists please explain yourself.

If they are talking about the worst policies, then there is an agenda. Imagine going to an interview & your reference writes about your weaknesses, not your strengths? What does that say?
I don't agree with their position on abortion or sperm-banks, but they are spot-on in saying the glass-ceiling is a myth, all-women shortlists are wrong and nothing needs to be done to get more women into science, let people do what they want.
Original post by tengentoppa
I don't agree with their position on abortion or sperm-banks, but they are spot-on in saying the glass-ceiling is a myth, all-women shortlists are wrong and nothing needs to be done to get more women into science, let people do what they want.

Their position of sperm banks seems to simply be to withdraw government backing of such banks. What's wrong with that?
Reply 9
Sounds good, I might vote for it.
Original post by rad_student
Why don't you read what their plans are directly & not through some 3rd party where his views are not represented?

This is a chance to learn how the state disadvantages boys & men (have experienced myself). I do try to educate guys in their 20s (i.e. people who have been or r in employment) & they get it.

Being anti-feminist doesn't mean anti-woman & if there was equality then woman would suffer more, especailly with what our taxes are spent on. A 2011 report by the Fawcett Society showsed how cuts were pushing women out of the workforce, driving down their income - i.e. woman rely on subsidies to be equal. If that's the case then surely more should be spent on how Society is failing boys/men.

https://j4mb.wordpress.com/2015-general-election-manifesto/

Actually I am having fun commenting on http://www.buzzfeed.com/jamieross/an-anti-feminist-party-is-standing-in-the-general-election?
It shows me ignorant people (>90% there) can only make insulting comments, the others I can discuss.

The party is difficult to take seriously. According to the IBT, they regularly cite Wikipedia and other unreliable sources to 'support' their beliefs. They don't even have a proper website.

I fail to see how 'men and boys' are fairly disadvantaged by the system. Their only arguments focus on radical feminist agendas which most liberal feminists dispute anyway. And there are far more liberal feminists than there are radicals. This idea that men and boys are the ones suffering is just self-victimising tripe. I don't understand how your citing of the Fawcett Society report is relevant to this supposed injustice men are facing.

I agree there are issues facing men, but I think it's ludicrous to form a party that exaggerates and blows everything out of proportion.
Original post by Reluire
The party is difficult to take seriously. According to the IBT, they regularly cite Wikipedia and other unreliable sources to 'support' their beliefs. They don't even have a proper website.

I fail to see how 'men and boys' are fairly disadvantaged by the system. Their only arguments focus on radical feminist agendas which most liberal feminists dispute anyway. And there are far more liberal feminists than there are radicals. This idea that men and boys are the ones suffering is just self-victimising tripe. I don't understand how your citing of the Fawcett Society report is relevant to this supposed injustice men are facing.

I agree there are issues facing men, but I think it's ludicrous to form a party that exaggerates and blows everything out of proportion.

Certain things happening in society are not represented by the MSM (main stream media) who have thier own agenda. E.g. broken families are great = more people buying the same items, so more ad revenue.

I have posted before how some Scandinavian countries are trying to ban criticism of feminism! Free Speech eh!

There is also how there is concealment of say DV stats which show gender symmetry. http://pubpages.unh.edu/~mas2/V74-gender-symmetry-with-gramham-Kevan-Method%208-.pdf
ONS say 1.2M females & 0.7M men are victims of DV in 2013 - yet there are <50 DV shelters. Why do you think that happens? Historically this has been for decades, just like >75% male suicide, like 90% male homelessness. There are no reserach, because the powers that be would have to do something about it!
Look at UK shared parenting, it almost happened Nov 2013 (?) but the person in charge said no based on the ONLY research that said it was not good, compared to countless saying yes & a survey saying it should be assumed equal parenting unless safety issuses.

If you don't see how men & boys get disadvantaged by the system, then if something happens you will get a rude awakening. Like I did & thought how was this possible? I read lots of stuff & understood wo/men to understand why this happens. Though Karen's S http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/alexacaliente-alyssapry-anitasarkeesian-jaclynf-newsweek-abc-feminism-and-the-disposable-male/ video is v. good.

Look at how feminists behave to Women Against Feminism; how Dr Matt (Rosetta) got called out for wearing a T-shirt given by his feminist woman friend VS Slutwalks where women should not be judged on what they wear. That's power.
[video="youtube;p8bDS-Z3gmg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8bDS-Z3gmg[/video]

Feminism is gynocentricism unleashed. Liberal feminists disagree, then show me where they disagree against feminism??

(women tend to have same gender preference & suffer from Relational Aggression [http://www.hopehouseonline.org/pages/girls.shtml] hence why they are reluctant to call out others who they disagree with - "tow the line". RA is also why lesbian DV as a percentage is higher than hetero or men only)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Reluire
This kind of party is a disgrace to politics. It's pure misogyny, through and through.

So disagree with feminism and you're sexist and hate women? Did it ever once occur to you that you can vouch for equality without being a feminist?
Original post by Reluire

While I would agree with you there, and would also agree their manifesto is mostly nonsense with sources that have not been referenced, we should not immediately dismiss them. I did read through their full manifesto on their blog site, and realised they actually have sensible proposals which, although socially conservative, are hard to dismiss instantly.

FOETAL ALCOHOL SYNDROME - The government should introduce legislation to prosecute women who have given birth to babies with FAS of inflicting GBH, and if found guilty, give them custodial sentences in line with CPS guidance.

GENITAL MUTILATION - We call for the practice of male GM on individuals under the age of 18 to be made illegal other than on grounds of medical need. Until MGM is made illegal, it should only be performed after the application of local anaesthetic. Only medical practitioners should be permitted to perform the operation, and only in registered medical premises. Taking males under the age of 18 abroad to have MGM performed should be a criminal offence.

MARRIAGE - The government needs to restore the tax advantages that married people used to enjoy. The sum of a couple’s married person’s tax allowances (MPTAs) should exceed the sum of the two individual tax allowances, and it should be made available in full to the bread-winning spouse for couples whose children are under secondary school age. The cost of this to the state would be minimal when compared to the cost of subsidizing nursery school places for young children with working mothers. The signal it would send about the need for a stable home in which young children can be nurtured to become fully rounded adults, based on a committed marriage as a legal and ethical covenant for life, would be significant.

DIVORCE - Following separation, both parents will continue to share equally all of the responsibilities and duties towards their children. The responsibility for deciding when the children will reside with each parent, and financial arrangements for supporting the children, will rest with both parents in equal measure.

HOMELESSNESS - It is iniquitous that people forced out of their family homes after family breakdowns are deemed ‘intentionally homeless’, even when they have left their homes to escape abusive partners. Local Authorities should bear a responsibility for providing them with accommodation, if they are not in a financial position to afford accommodation.

JUSTICE SYSTEM - The government should hold a public inquiry into the matter, with a view to ensuring that the justice system becomes gender-blind. Men and women convicted of the same crimes should be equally likely to face incarceration, and serve the same sentences.

OTHER - Debates about meritocracy versus positive discrimination is used a lot but that is already taking place within the main political parties and society.

(edited 9 years ago)
**** feminism, honestly. it's a horrible anti-male doctrine today. but I don't need to say that - you all probably know by now in 2015. if feminism's fundamental narrative is patriarchy (and the existence of it), which is predicated upon a discourse of women = oppressed and men = oppressors, then, clearly, it is an ideology that is based on gender preferences and gender partisanship.
(edited 9 years ago)
Most of what they propose is actually the norm in many European countries. For example, in many European countries a broken home is looked down upon and you get benefits for being married and following the traditional way of life.
Original post by Reluire

It would only be ludicrous if there was not a mass movement doing the same things for the other half of the population which was influencing policy making at the highest level of politics, justice and employment - but as it stands, there is, and it's therefore quite appropriate. Perhaps it will serve to show feminists how 'ludicrous' their own movement is.
Original post by BitWindy
Their position of sperm banks seems to simply be to withdraw government backing of such banks. What's wrong with that?

It must suck to be impotent. I'm happy for the government to continue backing sperm banks, they are important for people who can't reproduce naturally, and that should not be a barrier to having a child.
*shudder*
Original post by Evening
So disagree with feminism and you're sexist and hate women? Did it ever once occur to you that you can vouch for equality without being a feminist?

I don't know how you've come to those conclusions.

Original post by Nigel Farage MEP
While I would agree with you there, and would also agree their manifesto is mostly nonsense with sources that have not been referenced, we should not immediately dismiss them. I did read through their full manifesto on their blog site, and realised they actually have sensible proposals which, although socially conservative, are hard to dismiss instantly.

FOETAL ALCOHOL SYNDROME - The government should introduce legislation to prosecute women who have given birth to babies with FAS of inflicting GBH, and if found guilty, give them custodial sentences in line with CPS guidance.

GENITAL MUTILATION - We call for the practice of male GM on individuals under the age of 18 to be made illegal other than on grounds of medical need. Until MGM is made illegal, it should only be performed after the application of local anaesthetic. Only medical practitioners should be permitted to perform the operation, and only in registered medical premises. Taking males under the age of 18 abroad to have MGM performed should be a criminal offence.

MARRIAGE - The government needs to restore the tax advantages that married people used to enjoy. The sum of a couple’s married person’s tax allowances (MPTAs) should exceed the sum of the two individual tax allowances, and it should be made available in full to the bread-winning spouse for couples whose children are under secondary school age. The cost of this to the state would be minimal when compared to the cost of subsidizing nursery school places for young children with working mothers. The signal it would send about the need for a stable home in which young children can be nurtured to become fully rounded adults, based on a committed marriage as a legal and ethical covenant for life, would be significant.

DIVORCE - Following separation, both parents will continue to share equally all of the responsibilities and duties towards their children. The responsibility for deciding when the children will reside with each parent, and financial arrangements for supporting the children, will rest with both parents in equal measure.

HOMELESSNESS - It is iniquitous that people forced out of their family homes after family breakdowns are deemed ‘intentionally homeless’, even when they have left their homes to escape abusive partners. Local Authorities should bear a responsibility for providing them with accommodation, if they are not in a financial position to afford accommodation.

JUSTICE SYSTEM - The government should hold a public inquiry into the matter, with a view to ensuring that the justice system becomes gender-blind. Men and women convicted of the same crimes should be equally likely to face incarceration, and serve the same sentences.

OTHER - Debates about meritocracy versus positive discrimination is used a lot but that is already taking place within the main political parties and society.

Fair enough - I can see some sense in aspects of those policies. Perhaps I jumped on them a bit abruptly. Although I think the FAS policy is questionable as it doesn't account for those with alcoholism who have little or no control over themselves.

Original post by Birkenhead
It would only be ludicrous if there was not a mass movement doing the same things for the other half of the population which was influencing policy making at the highest level of politics, justice and employment - but as it stands, there is, and it's therefore quite appropriate. Perhaps it will serve to show feminists how 'ludicrous' their own movement is.

Perhaps you're right, yeah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending