The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Got an offer the other day for Economics With Business Placement (L106)
A*AA in any order in Economics, Government & Politics and Mathematics. Not sure if i'll get an A in politics though, do you think i'd still get in with A*A*AB in maths, further maths, econ and the B in politics?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by bethblur
Oh wow. Congratulations! They must have been very sure about you. :biggrin: that is reassuring, hopefully I won't be waiting too long! I understand why they do wait, considering everyone is guaranteed a college etc, limited amount of places and they really have to be strict with intake. Yup, was 2 hours ago!

All I have is a little life experience, a good PS and a **** hot reference. You'll be fine, you've got some outstanding offers as it is anyway!
Original post by Maturestudent
All I have is a little life experience, a good PS and a **** hot reference. You'll be fine, you've got some outstanding offers as it is anyway!

Haha who did your reference? Thank you :smile: have you received decisions from all 5?
Chemeg yma

I think college allocations will play a huge part in where people decide to go
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Chemeg yma

I think college allocations will play a huge part in where people decide to go

Really? What're the good and bad ones in Durham City? and why?
Reply 285
Thanks so much! :smile: I was always set on firming either Kings, York or Durham! Glad I have got one :smile: all 5 of yours are brilliant, you should be so proud! i applied for St Chads too but with competition like you i don't stand a chance haha you really do deserve it :biggrin: i wouldn't mind what college i got into tbh! Yes, I love the look of York's too! and a year abroad would be great. I suppose i'd prefer york or durham to kings because London would be really expensive, but the modules at Kings are so good! and i could do UCL modules since they're both under UOL. You should hear back start of February about your college

I live in London at the moment and rushing to get away because it is so expensive! Year abroad sounds lovely.. where do you want to go? And I am sure Durham will be lucky to have you.. by the looks of things there are quite a few unis fighting for u!!!! :wink:
Haha who did your reference? Thank you :smile: have you received decisions from all 5?

My boss, who just so happens to be my mate :smile:. I got offers from Leeds and Hull... I didn't bother waiting for the others. They were Sheffield and Goldsmiths.
Really? What're the good and bad ones in Durham City? and why?

I haven't been to Durham so wouldn't know! But like, if for example you applied to the big lovely Castle and ended up in a random one far away, you probably wouldn't want to go.
Original post by gj12
I live in London at the moment and rushing to get away because it is so expensive! Year abroad sounds lovely.. where do you want to go? And I am sure Durham will be lucky to have you.. by the looks of things there are quite a few unis fighting for u!!!! :wink:

Aw darn lol. North America would be where i'd want to go the most, but I'd happily go to South America :smile: Haha it wouldn't feel real if i got an offer from Durham :eek: it would be a dream. I wouldn't say that lol! I thought Kings would be harder to get into than York but maybe i'm wrong by the looks of it
Got an offer last week for Physics, AA in Physics and Further Maths this year! :biggrin:

Hopefully I get into a college I like the look of and then I'm all good :smile:
Original post by Maturestudent
My boss, who just so happens to be my mate :smile:. I got offers from Leeds and Hull... I didn't bother waiting for the others. They were Sheffield and Goldsmiths.

Haha that's definitely a bonus. Very good. Leeds is great! But yeah, i'd say Durham would be the best out of those for History anyway.
Original post by apis42
Thank you, I'm sure you did great too! And yeah I'm doing further maths this year. So which unis are you applying to? Is Durham your first choice? :smile:

It is yes, still waiting though :tongue: Waiting is really killing me!! I applied like around early October so it's been a while haha. Loved Durham, it's really pretty! What about you, is it your first choice?
Reply 292
Aw darn lol. North America would be where i'd want to go the most, but I'd happily go to South America :smile: Haha it wouldn't feel real if i got an offer from Durham :eek: it would be a dream. I wouldn't say that lol! I thought Kings would be harder to get into than York but maybe i'm wrong by the looks of it

Well I am sure Durham will get back to you soon... between now and march is when the offers tend to come through so fingers crossed :tongue:
I haven't been to Durham so wouldn't know! But like, if for example you applied to the big lovely Castle and ended up in a random one far away, you probably wouldn't want to go.

Aww I see. Yeah! Most seem pretty nice in Durham City and they'd never give you one on Queens Campus if your course is at Durham City, and vice-versa. But yeah i suppose if someone has their heart set on one then it could suck. If you get rejected from your preferred college, will another college DEFINITELY show interest in you? Durham say each offer holder is guaranteed college accommodation, was just wondering.
Original post by gj12
Well I am sure Durham will get back to you soon... between now and march is when the offers tend to come through so fingers crossed :tongue:

I'll let you know :smile:
Offer holder for English Literature :smile: Colleges will contact us by 1st March...
Aww I see. Yeah! Most seem pretty nice in Durham City and they'd never give you one on Queens Campus if your course is at Durham City, and vice-versa. But yeah i suppose if someone has their heart set on one then it could suck. If you get rejected from your preferred college, will another college DEFINITELY show interest in you? Durham say each offer holder is guaranteed college accommodation, was just wondering.

I don't think it's whether a college like actively wants you. More they allocate students so that there's a good mix of each subject/course in each college
I don't think it's whether a college like actively wants you. More they allocate students so that there's a good mix of each subject/course in each college

Oh I see. Sweet
any offer holders for mathematics?
Original post by apis42
Just got an offer yesterday for Maths A*AA! :biggrin: Applied to Josephine Butler college.

I've applied for maths too but I'm still waiting for a reply. It's been nearly two months. How long did it take for you to get your offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending