The Student Room Group

What A-Levels to take???

When I'm older I want to move to New York City (I know so cliché) and I'm afraid they don't just let anyone in so I need a good degree and profession to get in. Since it is a MAJOR city for business I've chosen that route and I'm interested in being a 'Strategic Planner '. So I took GCSE Business,but I'm thinking of taking Economics instead at A-Level for various reasons.

1) I haven't got the best of teachers; she mumbles and goes off subject so much! Also she's really touchy feely and it makes me very uncomfortable.

2) Economics has a better grade average at my school.

3) Apparantly Economics is more reputable than Business?

Basically if I want to study business at degree level,will universities care I took Economics instead of Business or should I take Business? And if you took them can you maybe give a few details about them :smile:
Original post by giorgialouise
When I'm older I want to move to New York City (I know so cliché) and I'm afraid they don't just let anyone in so I need a good degree and profession to get in. Since it is a MAJOR city for business I've chosen that route and I'm interested in being a 'Strategic Planner '. So I took GCSE Business,but I'm thinking of taking Economics instead at A-Level for various reasons.

1) I haven't got the best of teachers; she mumbles and goes off subject so much! Also she's really touchy feely and it makes me very uncomfortable.

2) Economics has a better grade average at my school.

3) Apparantly Economics is more reputable than Business?

Basically if I want to study business at degree level,will universities care I took Economics instead of Business or should I take Business? And if you took them can you maybe give a few details about them :smile:

Hello,

An economics degree is 10x better than a business degree. If you want to work in a big city like New York, banking is your best bet of achieving that: they look for maths and economics grads from top unis.

I'd recommend:

Maths
Further Maths
Economics
And History

If you want to do economics.

And economics is a much better AS than business./

Quick Reply

Latest