The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gen. AIDEED
Found something just now, i think these are the main sufi beliefs that differ from sunni's? will need someone to confirm

Sufi's believe the Holy Prophet peace be upon him, is a human being but created from light like angels, rather than from clay like other human beings.

He is present in many places at the same time.

He is still witnessing all that goes on in the world.

He has knowledge of that which is unknown, including the future.

He has God's authority to do whatever he desires.

I think other sunni's oppose these beliefs?

Never heard THAT before. :s-smilie: Yes we definitely we oppose that.
Reply 881
is salafi not a school of thought?

it is but we have our differences (not entirely) in terms of the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) and Fiqh.
(edited 9 years ago)
Found something just now, i think these are the main sufi beliefs that differ from sunni's? will need someone to confirm

Sufi's believe the Holy Prophet peace be upon him, is a human being but created from light like angels, rather than from clay like other human beings.

He is present in many places at the same time.

He is still witnessing all that goes on in the world.

He has God's authority to do whatever he desires.

I think other sunni's oppose these beliefs?

Hmm, interesting. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Ankabout
Never heard THAT before. :s-smilie: Yes we definitely we oppose that.

i just read another article proving all those statements, so im kinda confused lol, think im gonna watch a movie and go to sleep

Original post by I Procrastinate
Hmm, interesting. Thanks :smile:

no problem :smile:
I think it's more accurate to say that Salafis are literalists? I don't think any Muslim believes that Allah is like humans.

Their argument is that although Allah has hands, they are not like human ones. However, there are a lot of statements from classical Ashari scholars saying that anyone who believes Allah has a body is a kafir (I'm not saying they are)
i just read another article proving all those statements, so im kinda confused lol, think im gonna watch a movie and go to sleep

Tbh, you shouldn't rely on articles unless they are written by reputable Islamic scholars. Also, their statements must be backed up by Quran and Hadith. :h:
Original post by FreedomCostsTax
Their argument is that although Allah has hands, they are not like human ones. However, there are a lot of statements from classical Ashari scholars saying that anyone who believes Allah has a body is a kafir (I'm not saying they are)

Oh I see.
Original post by DarkMystryXxX
Salaam :biggrin:

Original post by Incredible97
Salaam All :h:

Original post by Ornlu
Assalaamu 'Aleykum Wa Rahmatullah :smile:

Walaykum Asalaam Warahmatullah :smile:
Tbh, you shouldn't rely on articles unless they are written by reputable Islamic scholars. Also, their statements must be backed up by Quran and Hadith. :h:

this is what i just read, the hadith refers to Umar and Uthman being two martyrs, how did the prophet know they were martyrs, did he know the future?

From Sahih Al-Bukhari: Anas ibn Malik narrates: The Prophet (sas) was on Mound Uhud with Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman when the mountain trembled. He (sas) said:
"Stay still, Uhud for upon you are a Prophet, a siddique and two martyrs."

is this legit?

AsalaamUAlaikum!, Havn't posted for a couple of days and I come back to 45 pages. At this rate, a new thread would be created every month!
Original post by Enginerd.
AsalaamUAlaikum!

Walaykum asalaam

Ameen :yy:
Reply 892
AsalaamUAlaikum!, Havn't posted for a couple of days and I come back to 45 pages. At this rate, a new thread would be created every month!

Wa alaikumussalam I hope all is well with you bro!
yeah lol :biggrin: Alhamdulillah.

:yy: Ameen!
this is what i just read, the hadith refers to Umar and Uthman being two martyrs, how did the prophet know they were martyrs, did he know the future?

From Sahih Al-Bukhari: Anas ibn Malik narrates: The Prophet (sas) was on Mound Uhud with Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman when the mountain trembled. He (sas) said:
"Stay still, Uhud for upon you are a Prophet, a siddique and two martyrs."

is this legit?

Only Allah swt has full and total knowledge of the unforeseen and unknown.
But Allah has given the prophet pbuh some information about future events and things to happen. That doesn't mean that the prophet can freely foretell the future. Only that he pbuh knows what Allah swt gave him knowledge about.
Original post by Al-farhan
Only Allah swt has full and total knowledge of the unforeseen and unknown.
But Allah has given the prophet pbuh some information about future events and things to happen. That doesn't mean that the prophet can freely foretell the future. Only that he pbuh knows what Allah swt gave him knowledge about.

well of course, everything we have is what Allah has given us :biggrin:
Lol.

What kind of bakwaas is the last few pages.

So much misinformation. So much bakwaas.
(edited 9 years ago)

From Sahih Al-Bukhari: Anas ibn Malik narrates: The Prophet (sas) was on Mound Uhud with Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman when the mountain trembled. He (sas) said: "Stay still, Uhud for upon you are a Prophet, a siddique and two martyrs."

is this legit?

I have no reason to doubt a Sahih Hadith but who's to say Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) wasn't informed by the angel Jibriel (and therefore Allah)?

Prophet Muhammad pbuh made many predictions but even he did not have knowledge of the Day of Judgement.

"They ask thee about the (final) Hour - when will be its appointed time? Say: 'The knowledge thereof is with my Lord (alone): None but He can reveal as to when it will occur. Heavy were its burden through the heavens and the earth. Only, all of a sudden will it come to you.' They ask thee as if thou Wert eager in search thereof: Say: 'The knowledge thereof is with God (alone), but most men know not.' (The Noble Quran, 7:187)"
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Lol.

So much misinformation. So much bakwaas.

what is bakwaas?
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Lol.

What is bakwaas?
Waiting for this topic to end :colone:
Nonsense.

Latest

Trending

Trending