The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gen. AIDEED
Found something just now, i think these are the main sufi beliefs that differ from sunni's? will need someone to confirm

Sufi's believe the Holy Prophet peace be upon him, is a human being but created from light like angels, rather than from clay like other human beings.

He is present in many places at the same time.

He is still witnessing all that goes on in the world.

He has knowledge of that which is unknown, including the future.

He has God's authority to do whatever he desires.

I think other sunni's oppose these beliefs?

That's shirk though. We definitely oppose these beliefs.
x

Not sure what you mean. Here is another translation.

They ask you, [O Muhammad], about the Hour: when is its arrival? Say, "Its knowledge is only with my Lord. None will reveal its time except Him. It lays heavily upon the heavens and the earth. It will not come upon you except unexpectedly." They ask you as if you are familiar with it. Say, "Its knowledge is only with Allah , but most of the people do not know."

Source: http://quran.com/7/187
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by K1NG93
That's shirk though. We definitely oppose these beliefs.

Original post by Ankabout
Not sure what you mean. Here is another translation.

They ask you, [O Muhammad], about the Hour: when is its arrival? Say, "Its knowledge is only with my Lord. None will reveal its time except Him. It lays heavily upon the heavens and the earth. It will not come upon you except unexpectedly." They ask you as if you are familiar with it. Say, "Its knowledge is only with Allah , but most of the people do not know."

Source: http://quran.com/7/187

im looking at both sides of the coin here, from what you and ibn fulaan replied, the hadith i gave you still proves the prophet peace be upon him, had knowledge of the future, be it given from God through the angel Jibrael or not it still proves the prophet had some knowledge of the future
Reply 903
Original post by K1NG93
Oh no Jeffrey. You are serious again :frown:

looooool
CAN WE STOP NOW? :argh:
Original post by K1NG93
Oh no Jeffrey. You are serious again :frown:

:lol:
im looking at both sides of the coin here, from what you and ibn fulaan replied, the hadith i gave you still proves the prophet peace be upon him, had knowledge of the future, be it given from God through the angel Jibrael or not it still proves the prophet had some knowledge of the future

Oh ok.
I learn my religion from anywhere what is it to you, as long as it is backed up with Quran and hadith, i also cross reference everything, don't tell me what to do.

There is a reason that ulama (islamic scholars) are the ones who issue fatwa and not laypeople. Because the Sacred Sciences are not as simple as "If you cant quote a hadeeth in english/Ayah then it's all good."

Apologies if the previous message seemed rude. It is sincere advice. Learning the religion online is in and of itself very dangerous.
Original post by ko111
bold=4 main Sunni school of thought.

Schools of thought is perhaps not the best way to describe the madhaahib. Schools of jurisprudence/science of law seems to be better.
Reply 909
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Schools of thought is perhaps not the best way to describe the madhaahib. Schools of jurisprudence/science of law seems to be better.

fair enough.
Original post by ko111
fair enough.

It's just that "Schools of thought" seems to imply "All islamic sciences" when in reality it is more specific

I like your srs mode. Better for learning.
Reply 912
It's just that "Schools of thought" seems to imply "All islamic sciences" when in reality it is more specific

yep I understand now bro :yep:
Reply 913
Original post by Mary562
Walaykum Asalaam Warahmatullah :smile:

Why didn't you vote for me in the election? :colonhash: #IsocRevolution
I learn my religion from anywhere what is it to you, as long as it is backed up with Quran and hadith, i also cross reference everything, don't tell me what to do.

No akhi, it is actually true.
It is not best to learn your faith solely from online, cassettes, youtube.
Especially if you are getting into the deep end jumping straight in the deep end without the basics especially on matters such as aqeedah, fiqh, madahib (schools of thought)....etc.

It is like learning how to perform brain surgery without knowing any basics from google, and telling the patient ''you are in safe hands''
Internet is good to augment ongoing studies under a scholar or following a curriculum...etc
We are told to take our faith from someone or people we can truly trust.
Original post by Ornlu

Sorry I'm confused :redface:
Learning the religion online is in and of itself very dangerous.

Solid advice but there are so many beneficial Islamic lectures by Mufti Menk, Nouman Ali Khan, Ahmed Deedat, Ahmad Musa Jibril etc online. :h:

But yeah the internet can misguide too.
Original post by Ornlu

Salaam Ornlu, long time!
Reply 918
Original post by Ankabout
Salaam Ornlu, long time!

Wassalaam, bhen ji :biggrin: You okay?
Bit random but I've just realised that one of the definitions in OP is slightly off, Allahu musta'an means "Allah is the One whose Help is sought" not "Allah only we follow".

On that note, a nice article about the meaning of the phrase and the virtues of isti'anah in general: http://salaf-us-saalih.com/2011/04/10/meaning-of-allaahu-mustaaan-istiaana-seeking-aid-from-allah-alone/
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending