The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Definitely not now but its nice to have a plan to get him in.

Gonna gamble on Chambers as 5th defender as well, hopefully he's nailed on over Bellerin. I suspect they'll both be rotated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was contemplating the exact same thing. Equally unsure about his certainty also :confused:
Original post by sr90
Definitely not now but its nice to have a plan to get him in.

Gonna gamble on Chambers as 5th defender as well, hopefully he's nailed on over Bellerin. I suspect they'll both be rotated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Had him for a few weeks but done nothing so far. They play Man City at the weekend so guess better to wait till Jan WC?
Original post by Zerforax
Had him for a few weeks but done nothing so far. They play Man City at the weekend so guess better to wait till Jan WC?

Original post by Andy Ftw
Was contemplating the exact same thing. Equally unsure about his certainty also :confused:

I'm playing my WC this week. Wanted to do it over the 2 week break but various things have forced my hand.

Thing is if Bellerin gets the nod, it's an easy downgrade. Whereas if Chambers gets the nod and you take Bellerin, you're looking at 2 transfers on budget defenders which is a bit of a waste. I'm slightly annoyed that Arsenal don't have a nailed on full back because their fixtures (after City, obviously) are pretty good. Can't afford Kosc or Mert because i've got Bertrand & Terry.

My decision to take Bertrand out a month or so ago is looking rather stupid now. I brought him in for 5.0 in August, now he's 0.7 dearer :colonhash:
Original post by sr90
I'm playing my WC this week. Wanted to do it over the 2 week break but various things have forced my hand.

Thing is if Bellerin gets the nod, it's an easy downgrade. Whereas if Chambers gets the nod and you take Bellerin, you're looking at 2 transfers on budget defenders which is a bit of a waste. I'm slightly annoyed that Arsenal don't have a nailed on full back because their fixtures (after City, obviously) are pretty good. Can't afford Kosc or Mert because i've got Bertrand & Terry.

My decision to take Bertrand out a month or so ago is looking rather stupid now. I brought him in for 5.0 in August, now he's 0.7 dearer :colonhash:

I'm just going to take the hit now and see where the players come out after all the cup games and in case anyone pulls out a white rabbit in the transfer market.

Yea I dropped a Southampton defender and then brought back in but they did have an awful looking fixture list.
I'm just going to take the hit now and see where the players come out after all the cup games and in case anyone pulls out a white rabbit in the transfer market.

Yea I dropped a Southampton defender and then brought back in but they did have an awful looking fixture list.

Yeh I don't think anyone could have predicted they'd take 7pts off Arsenal, Chelsea & United. Was even planning a double up with Gardos, but as both of their key midfielders are now injured I have shelved that idea.
Reply 4245
Brought in Mr Aguero last night. Straight swap from Costa.

Playing my WC this weekend..

Ditching Austin, Silva, Naylor, Moore and my 2 GKs Guzan and Krul

Keep Downing on WC?
Original post by UWS
Brought in Mr Aguero last night. Straight swap from Costa.

Playing my WC this weekend..

Ditching Austin, Silva, Naylor, Moore and my 2 GKs Guzan and Krul

Keep Downing on WC?

I'm keeping him. He's on set pieces too so when playing poor he still picks up an assist quite frequently. Not to mention he is a bonus point magnet. Fpl gold at his price.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UWS
Keep Downing on WC?

It's a tricky one because his fixtures turn really nasty, but at his price there isn't much alternatives. Chadli is overkill because everyone already has Kane, and Sigurdsson has equally tricky fixtures (and Swansea may lose form due to the sale of Bony).

Who have you taken out Austin for?
Reply 4248
Original post by sr90
It's a tricky one because his fixtures turn really nasty, but at his price there isn't much alternatives. Chadli is overkill because everyone already has Kane, and Sigurdsson has equally tricky fixtures (and Swansea may lose form due to the sale of Bony).

Might go for Berahino. Looks nailed on to start under Pulis and has decent fixtures after Everton away
Hmmm guys should I keep aguero and Costa? Or Costa and falcao? Or aguero and falcao?

Need some help here. I think rvp is injured so obviously main man has to be falcao now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by khalidpatel
Hmmm guys should I keep aguero and Costa? Or Costa and falcao? Or aguero and falcao?

Need some help here. I think rvp is injured so obviously main man has to be falcao now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol falcao.
united probably have the worst value FF players in the entire league.

aguero, costa and sturridge (when he returns) are all infinitely better options than falcao.
Original post by Lúcio
lol falcao.
united probably have the worst value FF players in the entire league.

aguero, costa and sturridge (when he returns) are all infinitely better options than falcao.

Any idea when Sturridge is back

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

downing somehow seems involved in all of west ham's goals - he's one of the best value players this season, especially if you brought him in early like i did.

Original post by ArsenalWenger
Any idea when Sturridge is back

Posted from TSR Mobile

he's back in training now :biggrin:

i don't expect he'll be back at the weekend for the villa game though.
he might feature a little bit in the 3 cup games we have, but i would expect him to be back playing in the west ham game on the 31st :smile:

even though it may cost me a bit if other people bring him in, i'm not touching sturridge until the 30th.
i brought him in early last time and he got injured before the game.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
downing somehow seems involved in all of west ham's goals - he's one of the best value players this season, especially if you brought him in early like i did.

he's back in training now :biggrin:

i don't expect he'll be back at the weekend for the villa game though.
he might feature a little bit in the 3 cup games we have, but i would expect him to be back playing in the west ham game on the 31st :smile:

Thanks. Real lack of firing premium strikers atm. I'll probably keep money in the bank to do Austin to Sturridge assuming he hits the ground running which maybe difficult having been out for so long.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Thanks. Real lack of firing premium strikers atm. I'll probably keep money in the bank to do Austin to Sturridge assuming he hits the ground running which maybe difficult having been out for so long.

Posted from TSR Mobile

this is a funny season because the most worthwhile strikers have been the cheap ones (bar aguero).
costa has been okay but looking back, i wish i had invested the extra cost of him elsewhere.

aguero and sturridge back opens up a lot of new options for players.
because of injury and because of how terrible certain teams have been, player selection has been seriously limited - in some H2Hs i've faced people with an identical team except for the defence.
Original post by khalidpatel

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only United player worth getting is Di Maria and even that's debatable. RVP will likely only miss a couple of games, and now Aguero is back you'd be much better off with him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
The only United player worth getting is Di Maria and even that's debatable. RVP will likely only miss a couple of games, and now Aguero is back you'd be much better off with him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i had di maria before but i dropped him.
there will be games where he'll just destroy, but other games where he'll be the worst player on the pitch.
he's just too inconsistent for his price and the only reason i'd have him is if i wanted a united presence in my team.
RVP and falcao are way too expensive for the points they get, and rooney at times is being played in midfield.
Why not have Sanchez instead and get that extra point every time he scores?

Not gonna lie though, most of the big teams bar chelsea and city only have 1 or 2 players you'd want.
Liverpool's line up is unpredictable and the only players worth having would be sturridge when he returns and maybe sterling if he comes back well.
Sanchez FC is only alexis - they always seem to concede just the one goal to mess up CS points for defenders.
Spurs, gotta be kane - maybe chadli; lloris if you're brave.
Tempted to replace Austin with Rooney for the 2 gameweeks before I play my wild card..

Actually tempted to keep Austin and Kane based on the next 2 fixtures and maybe change Costa to Rooney :s-smilie:

I'm so confused!
(edited 9 years ago)
Tempted to replace Austin with Rooney for the 2 gameweeks before I play my wild card..

Actually tempted to keep Austin and Kane based on the next 2 fixtures and maybe change Costa to Rooney :s-smilie:

I'm so confused!

Rooney would be a great pick if he was playing as a 10 or a striker, but nobody knows where he's going to play at the moment :/ Now that Blind, Herrera, Fellaini & Di Maria have recovered from injury you'd imagine that he'll regain his place further up the pitch, but Van Gaal doesn't seem to like him as a striker.

Original post by Lúcio
Why not have Sanchez instead and get that extra point every time he scores?

It would be in addition to Sanchez, not suggesting for a second that anyone takes him out :tongue:

Template midfield atm is Sanchez, Hazard/Fab, Sig/Downing, Silva/ADM/Sterling & Boydinho.
Original post by sr90
Rooney would be a great pick if he was playing as a 10 or a striker, but nobody knows where he's going to play at the moment :/ Now that Blind, Herrera, Fellaini & Di Maria have recovered from injury you'd imagine that he'll regain his place further up the pitch, but Van Gaal doesn't seem to like him as a striker.

It would be in addition to Sanchez, not suggesting for a second that anyone takes him out :tongue:

Template midfield atm is Sanchez, Hazard/Fab, Sig/Downing, Silva/ADM/Sterling & Boydinho.

Well RVP is doubtful for the weekend so maybe Rooney will be upfront? Unless Falcao returns I guess. Yea that's why I struggle with Man Utd coverage, just can't tell who is worth picking. At least in the past you were able to pick a Man Utd defender + Ronaldo :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest