The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by schindlers list
What do you think of this watch for my 1st year as an IB? Am i already planning big things?
http://m.watches.co.uk/watch/15586s/rolex-gmt-master-ii-18ct-116718ln/?category_id=592

I think someone has to have mental problems to spend 15k quid on a tiny object. stop now, important posts will be missed
Original post by Aenigma
10k out
Where are your figures from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just browsing around, what they earn more than that?
do we really have to discuss salaries in here? It takes 30 seconds to google the starting salary and schindlers list is obviously a troll so stop feeding him. Please keep this neat otherwhise important information is going to be lost
Original post by ProjectNr2
do we really have to discuss salaries in here? It takes 30 seconds to google the starting salary and schindlers list is obviously a troll so stop feeding him. Please keep this neat otherwhise important information is going to be lost

If you want to ensure you don't miss any posts then you can adjust how many get seen on one page, I have mine set to 60 posts per page, it's much easier to catch everything, plus if when you click the link under your watched threads, if you click the little arrow in the left hand side, then it'll take you back to the last post you saw.

Hope those things help ensure you don't miss anything.
Original post by kiirankapoor
The wait for your interviewer to call you is just terribble....

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahaha the worst.
Reply 4845
Original post by CD315
How is Citi's interview?

First round with HR and final round with a banker, for me it was all competency and motivation (IBD)

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you think of this watch for my 1st year as an IB? Am i already planning big things?
http://m.watches.co.uk/watch/15586s/rolex-gmt-master-ii-18ct-116718ln/?category_id=592

Just remember even with a 60k salary your take home after tax is about 42k. Then factor in pension and any extras. Plus you'll probably have to live in zone 1 or 2.... Cost of living in zones 1-2 isn't cheap. I'm not saying you'll be poor, just don't think you'll be walking on gold and diamonds in your first year. 60k up North and 60k in central London are two different things..... But when you do get that watch send me a pic!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahahahaha
Original post by Cookie_m14
Just remember even with a 60k salary your take home after tax is about 42k. Then factor in pension and any extras. Plus you'll probably have to live in zone 1 or 2.... Cost of living in zones 1-2 isn't cheap. I'm not saying you'll be poor, just don't think you'll be walking on gold and diamonds in your first year. 60k up North and 60k in central London are two different things..... But when you do get that watch send me a pic!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahahahaha

Could I ask you to please keep this thread on topic, if you want to continue your conversation with people then take it to PM with the certain person. Thanks.
Sorry, but why you so mean?
Original post by MathsNerd1
Could I ask you to please keep this thread on topic, if you want to continue your conversation with people then take it to PM with the certain person. Thanks.
How much can i make in year 3?
How much can i make in year 3?

depends where you work and how you work...
but this thread is about spring weeks and the quality per post ratio has been top notch for most of the last 250 pages.....
There are loads of articles on the internet which deal with salaries of bankers on the internet though :smile:
Anyone have HSBC grad email please? :smile:
Sorry ill actually stop posting, i was trolling.
Good luck guys
depends where you work and how you work...
but this thread is about spring weeks and the quality per post ratio has been top notch for most of the last 250 pages.....
There are loads of articles on the internet which deal with salaries of bankers on the internet though :smile:

Original post by MathsNerd1
Original post by Hobes1
Anyone have HSBC grad email please? :smile:

[email protected]
Sorry ill actually stop posting, i was trolling.
Good luck guys

We know you were trolling...
Original post by Cookie_m14

Posted from TSR Mobile

42k post tax is still about 3.5k per month, without taking into account a bonus.

Depends how you plan to spend your money, but even analyst money puts you into the top 1-5% in the country.
Original post by Cutmeloose
42k post tax is still about 3.5k per month, without taking into account a bonus.

Depends how you plan to spend your money, but even analyst money puts you into the top 1-5% in the country.

and factor in rent unless you live with your parents?
Reply 4857
Can confirm that Rothschild have started giving out interviews
Original post by CD315
Can confirm that Rothschild have started giving out interviews

Is that because you have received one?
Original post by welcometoib
and factor in rent unless you live with your parents?

Rent will vary wildly, some will live at home, some will rent a swish pad in Chelsea and some will find a group of uni friends and flatshare at a reasonable price.

Latest

Trending

Trending