The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wanttobevet
Was this from Surrey? Thanks

Yes it was I had my interview yesterday! Good luck to everyone else!
does anyone know how to find the start dates of the vet med courses at all the unis? i know most if not all start in september, cant find the dates anywhere!
thanks in advance :smile:
Just got Edinburgh interview for 11th March 😃 does anyone know how many interviews they tend to put out ? Trying to work out my chances haha, I know around 1000 apply for 120ish places
Original post by indianajones96
does anyone know how to find the start dates of the vet med courses at all the unis? i know most if not all start in september, cant find the dates anywhere!

September 21st is what UCAS told me :smile:
Surrey are really starting to freak me out, haven't got my interview until the end of Febuary but all I see are offers given out from them :confused: congrats to anyone with offers!

Cambridge term starts the 6th October.
Edinburgh induction week starts the 14th September, term starts the 21st.

I think it tells you on UCAS, if you look at the list of universities you applied to it should say the start date for each one. I know some of them are 21st September and some are 1st September but not sure about all of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most people will move in a week earlier for freshers / to settle in before the official term start date - as most people have said already you can find the start dates online.
Original post by Kate20
No idea. I've got 4 interviews and 1 offer. No rejections yet so wait and see!

Hey! I've got 4 interviews as well, and 2 offers. Mind my asking where yours are?
Congrats as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any idea when the nottingham interviews run till?
Hi there,

I'm on a gap year currently having already done my A-levels and getting
A* economics
A biology
A chemistry

along with 22 weeks of varied and unique work experience a good personal statement and reference but annoyingly got rejected from nottingham yesterday and only have an interview at bristol. does anyone know how long i should expect to wait for a response from liverpool or edinburgh and the chances of me getting an interview or offer?????!!!!!!

any help much appreciated, thanks x
Original post by The Country Lad
Does anyone have any idea when the nottingham interviews run till?

My interview is feb 26th and I think that might be the last day of interviews but I'm not 100% sure :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by higgsvet95
Hi there,

A* economics
A biology
A chemistry

along with 22 weeks of varied and unique work experience a good personal statement and reference but annoyingly got rejected from nottingham yesterday and only have an interview at bristol. does anyone know how long i should expect to wait for a response from liverpool or edinburgh and the chances of me getting an interview or offer?????!!!!!!

Liverpool I think have a few interview dates left and Edinburgh have already guven out dates well into March, I don't know how many they have left! Hard to say what the chances are as so many people who would technically make amazing vets don't even get an interview. Good luck though! Hopefully Bristol goes well!
Hi there,

A* economics
A biology
A chemistry

Firstly, well done on your awesome grades. Hope you are enjoying your gap year. :smile:

As has been mentioned, Liverpool and Edinburgh have both started giving out interviews now. Liverpool had a lot more days to give out and they're going through them in order. I've seen people with interviews on 11th February , which is the fifth interview day out of ten (they go to the end of March), so I assume they still have plenty left to give out :smile: Eddy said in an email a few months ago that they only had 5 interview days to begin with. Three of those (Feb 25, March 4th, March 11th) were for applicants from England, Wales and NI. I've seen people with interviews on all of these days, but that's not to say they've been filled.

Best of luck with Bristol :smile:
Any one heard from Liverpool for interviews yet, this is so stressful. Xxx
yeah but there still handing them out :smile: fingers crossed
Hi there,

A* economics
A biology
A chemistry

Hi there :smile:

Nice grades!
I had similar grades and work experience, also getting rejected from Nottingham but an interview from Bristol. I was concerned that nothing has happened on my UCAS. I called up Liverpool and Edinburgh yesterday to enquire when everyone should have heard from them. They told me they still had a lot to get through and will be sending out interview invites up until Feb! Don't lose heart, no news is good news!

I then received an email an hour later from Edinburgh inviting me for interview! Keep your head up you should hear soon!

When is your Bristol interview?

Spread the love guys :smile:
Original post by Bourne2410
Hi there :smile:

Nice grades!
I had similar grades and work experience, also getting rejected from Nottingham but an interview from Bristol. I was concerned that nothing has happened on my UCAS. I called up Liverpool and Edinburgh yesterday to enquire when everyone should have heard from them. They told me they still had a lot to get through and will be sending out interview invites up until Feb! Don't lose heart, no news is good news!

I then received an email an hour later from Edinburgh inviting me for interview! Keep your head up you should hear soon!

When is your Bristol interview?

Spread the love guys :smile:

Thanks for the help. It's just so disheartening to get rejected when I know people with AAB and less work experience than me who have got into Nottingham just last year. My interview for Bristol is 4th feb, yours? Best of luck with everything.
Reply 4938
Thanks for the help. It's just so disheartening to get rejected when I know people with AAB and less work experience than me who have got into Nottingham just last year. My interview for Bristol is 4th feb, yours? Best of luck with everything.

This is not an unusual story. Nottingham reject loads of people just like you. Its more about the SJT and nobody knows the scoring system

I think you are still a good chance at Liverpool if their WE questionaire agreed with you having 22 weeks

But until then you need to make your Bristol interview count. If you prepare for this one you are very likely to get an offer. PM me if you want more specific Bristol interview advice
Original post by D of T
This is not an unusual story. Nottingham reject loads of people just like you. Its more about the SJT and nobody knows the scoring system

I think you are still a good chance at Liverpool if their WE questionaire agreed with you having 22 weeks

But until then you need to make your Bristol interview count. If you prepare for this one you are very likely to get an offer. PM me if you want more specific Bristol interview advice

Do you happen to know how much weight nottingham put on the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending