The Student Room Group

NEW - Cyberbully - Did you watch it?

Tomorrow at 9pm, Channel 4 will show a one off show on Cyber-bullying based on real life examples. Cyber-bullying affects so many people every year, so it's important that we encourage awareness around it. Take a look at this article, click here.

Will you be watching Cyberbully? If so, keep us up to date. What do you think? Is this a good idea?

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone else watch cyberbully on channel 4? What are your views on programme? Feel free to discuss :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm watching it on Channel 4 +1 right now
Original post by coolgirlaamy
I'm watching it on Channel 4 +1 right now

Alright, let me not ruin it lol. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The movie with Emily Osment? I saw that ages ago...sobbed all the way through it...
Original post by Jackieox
The movie with Emily Osment? I saw that ages ago...sobbed all the way through it...

I've seen that too but no this is different because the main character in this is the cyberbully.
I watched it. It was good. Although I'm pretty sure that wouldn't happen in real life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Great acting by Maisie. Enjoyed it and it highlighted some key issues
Original post by MattyR2895
I watched it. It was good. Although I'm pretty sure that wouldn't happen in real life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know the plot was a bit far fetched. As she could have just shut down the laptop from the beginning

Posted from TSR Mobile
Crap! I missed it. I had been waiting all week to watch it aswell :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by neal95
Great acting by Maisie. Enjoyed it and it highlighted some key issues

Yeah. It really did. Especially the fact that people think it's okay to cyberbully because 'everyone' else does it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WaywardWriter
Yeah. It really did. Especially the fact that people think it's okay to cyberbully because 'everyone' else does it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly, like with Jennifer everyone just made fun of her without realising she is a normal person with problems of her own. If it does the job of making people aware of what trolling can do, then I think it is a success for channel 4 as it's a growing problem and people often don't realise the extent of their actions until it's too late unfortunately
I know the plot was a bit far fetched. As she could have just shut down the laptop from the beginning

Posted from TSR Mobile

But the hacker had threatened to post up those selfies so she was too frightened of that happening because then she would end up being the victim of the cyberbullying?
Original post by neal95
Exactly, like with Jennifer everyone just made fun of her without realising she is a normal person with problems of her own. If it does the job of making people aware of what trolling can do, then I think it is a success for channel 4 as it's a growing problem and people often don't realise the extent of their actions until it's too late unfortunately

I know. I think it's had a bit of an impact on me personally. At the beginning I was quite baffled as to how Casey could be a cyberbully when she was the 'victim' until it became apparent that she was clearly the one in the wrong. Then I started to side with the laptop stalker. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miscounted_time
Crap! I missed it. I had been waiting all week to watch it aswell :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Watch it on channel 4 +1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know. I think it's had a bit of an impact on me personally. At the beginning I was quite baffled as to how Casey could be a cyberbully when she was the 'victim' until it became apparent that she was clearly the one in the wrong. Then I started to side with the laptop stalker. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i thought he was a bit like the guy in the film payphone were he just wanted the guy to have some remorse etc but the pills bit wierded me out a bit, thats when i stopped siding with him lol
Reply 16
Did anyone else watch cyberbully on channel 4? What are your views on programme? Feel free to discuss :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Watching last 20 mins, can someone fill me in on details? Too much coursework to do :frown:.
Original post by coolgirlaamy
But the hacker had threatened to post up those selfies so she was too frightened of that happening because then she would end up being the victim of the cyberbullying?

True. But in the she didn't care about him posting the pictures anyways :tongue: Is it just me who was slightly confused by the ending?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by neal95
yeah i thought he was a bit like the guy in the film payphone were he just wanted the guy to have some remorse etc but the pills bit wierded me out a bit, thats when i stopped siding with him lol

Yeah. He turned out to be a bit of a creep in the end. Lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tbx
Watching last 20 mins, can someone fill me in on details? Too much coursework to do :frown:.

What part are you up to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending