The Student Room Group

Which Monarch from history would you choose to be?

If you could choose any monarch from history to be, for their reign/rule, who would it be?

I am not sure, but would choose someone who: was very secure in their reign/rule (i.e. you could do what you like without the risk of revolution), was extremely rich, had great military power so that no foreign force could come and depose you, etc.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
King Arthur, cos he was badass innit.
Reply 2
Marcus Aurelius. Ruling one of the most powerful and most developed empires in history at its height, all while being all humble and philosophical about it.
King Edward IV
Reply 4
Elizabeth Woodsville, or her daughter Elizabeth of York, or her granddaughter Elizabeth I.

That's a lot of Elizabeths...

EDIT: Elizabeth Woodsville was f***ing badass. I thought Elizabeth I was but her great grandmother owns that title.
(edited 9 years ago)
William of Orange. He implemented the most important event in British history the Glorious Revolution and created the British state with the English Bill of Rights. He created the national debt and bank of England to build up the Royal Navy to protect British trade against the Spanish and French. He fought in battles to liberate the British Isles from the Jacobite French. He started the War of Spanish Succession which stop France in its attempt to dominate Europe and North America. He also protected his country of birth Holland in the process.
(edited 9 years ago)
The Dark Lord Sauron
I would choose Empress Elizabeth of Russia: richest court in Europe at the time, powerful, autocrat, a beauty by the standards of the day, father is Peter the Great, get to live during the enlightenment.
Hard to say. I would love to be a monarch in these days, just because the potential of destroying the mankind is very high. But to establish this enormous potential, I need the power of an absolutist monarch. Fortnately there are really some countries where absolutist monarchies exist. From this point of view I would be Abdullah ibn Abd al-Aziz.
Augustus. Assuming that I am allowed to be an Emperor rather than purely a Monarch.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Augustus. Assuming that I am allowed to be an Emperor rather than purely a Monarch.

Emperors are monarchs, aren't they?
Original post by Lady Comstock

Technically yes, I just don't know if what the OP really meant was pick a king/queen.

No, that's a monarch:

And that's an emperor:

Am I the only one who knows his biology in here ...
Original post by Sir Fox
No, that's a monarch:

And that's an emperor:

Am I the only one who knows his biology in here ...

Why do STEM students always have to ruin everything?
Reply 14

^This.
Reply 15
Catherine de Medici without doubt :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by CescaD96
^This.

It was juuust a joke ...
Original post by Sir Fox
It was juuust a joke ...

I don't know why some members are so annoying whenever seriousness gets lost. Your joke was very nice. :smile:
Elizabeth of York. I would say Elizabeth I but I think she was rather lonely at times. Elizabeth Woodeville is also someone I really love in history, however she went through such a bad time after Edward died. I would of loved to be Queen Anne Boleyn (but only up until the end of 1535, when she was pregnant for the third time), before she lost her two babies.
Caligula. :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest