The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tans
oh forget bristol, just got a rejection :/

Oh wow, that was unexpected!! Who needs bristol when ull most likely get imperial!!
plus UEA and Liverpool, im sure ull get an offer from at leaaaast one of those 3! Bristol quite clearly dont know wt theyre missing out on :wink:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by tans
ahaha really? what do you look like, what tour were you in and where were you sitting in waiting room? :P
awwh good luck with your interview!!! (where from if you dont mind me asking?) ... and that makes two of us, hopefully it is today!! oh dear :/

Yeah
Very tall, 6,5 white had a dark blue blazer on
I was on chippys tour
BSMS
its doing my head in 9/14 of the way there
Just looked on last years thread
they quite often take more Than two weeks
Original post by Cpn.ITried
Posted from TSR Mobile

Final interviews to be given out by end of this week. So if anyone has received an email about how delighted imperial are to have recieved your application similar to the one recieved by the interview offer holders, youre in luck. The last few emails appear to be destined to your inboxes. Congratulations y'all! :biggrin:

Is this the email that starts with Happy new year from Imperial?
Original post by skizzle

Is this the email that starts with Happy new year from Imperial?

No, I think everyone got that one. There was another email that was given out previously which apparently wasnt recieved by everyone, speaking of how competitive Imperial is and how theyre happy to recieve your application.
Reply 845
Original post by Master219

yh it was rlly wierd... (first q was like y is blood red, we hadnt learnt abt that in skl at all yet), one of the interviewers was rlly blunt and when i would do something slightly rong he would like lean over the table and stare me in the eyes and just say NO (made me cry inside, not gonna lie lol...). Yh true that.

Nice work!

Yh haha, i havnt even got that from kings or barts!! They havnt said anything to me since the, we hav received ur application business...

omg that sounds so harsh :frown: hmm well dont you worry, you'll get into imperial (and hopefully i'll see you there if i get in too :P)... and if it makes you feel better, the panel at imperial was super nice so hopefully that doesnt happen again :smile:

yeah, you'll probably hear back soon then! :smile: good luck!!!!
Reply 846
Original post by Master219
Oh wow, that was unexpected!! Who needs bristol when ull most likely get imperial!!
plus UEA and Liverpool, im sure ull get an offer from at leaaaast one of those 3! Bristol quite clearly dont know wt theyre missing out on :wink:

yep, the second i wrote that i havent heard from bristol, i was like hmm elt me check track... and it was like.. oh :frown: but bristol is third choice for me so yeah not too bad, and i guess its better to save the space for someone who really wants it and doesnt have any interivews yet :smile: ahaha oh you :colondollar:
Reply 847
Original post by Futuremedic2096
Yeah
Very tall, 6,5 white had a dark blue blazer on
I was on chippys tour
BSMS
its doing my head in 9/14 of the way there

hmmm... hold on who is chippy? the girl that took us to her room or not?
aww well done and best of luck :smile:
Reply 848
Just looked on last years thread
they quite often take more Than two weeks

saw that aswell, but maybe last year they didnt tell them that they'll reply in 2 weeks or not?
Original post by tans
hmmm... hold on who is chippy? the girl that took us to her room or not?
aww well done and best of luck :smile:

No short girl
Baseball jacket
Original post by tans
saw that aswell, but maybe last year they didnt tell them that they'll reply in 2 weeks or not?

I think they did
I think they did

I was talking to some Med students last year and they said they were told it can take up to 3 weeks last year. That Med student got his offer in around 10 days after interview
Original post by Turdasaurus Rex
I was talking to some Med students last year and they said they were told it can take up to 3 weeks last year. That Med student got his offer in around 10 days after interview

Oh ok
Anybody with an interview on the 4th of March?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tans
ahaha no i know who you're thinknig of, the girl with navy trousers and hollister jumper right? well not me aha, i was talking to my sister most the time, and i was in the corner... navy skirt and blazer...

I remember there were two girls who came in together or something. One had a green coat (I think). Maybe I just didn't see you.

what did you look like?

Asian, 5 ft 9, black coat, clean shaven.
Reply 855
When imperial give offers, is it on interview alone? Or do they take other things into account if they aren't totally convinced?
Totally freaking about the interview!
Another question - as imperial have good odds for getting an offer, why do people get rejected after interviews? Everyone would have prepared so how can they choose?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ani97
When imperial give offers, is it on interview alone? Or do they take other things into account if they aren't totally convinced?
Another question - as imperial have good odds for getting an offer, why do people get rejected after interviews? Everyone would have prepared so how can they choose?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 99% sure they look at interview alone.

Don't be worried about the interview, it's breezy.

Forget about the odds. The 66% offer rate means that, as long as you're not a stammering wreck on the day, you stand a very good chance of coming across well enough for an offer.
Original post by Ani97

Posted from TSR Mobile

Solely interview
my careers advisors told me this
" they are essentially a brand , they want someone to fit their mould whilst still being an individual, they want you to be a part of them and sell them to others"
also not everyone will have thoroughly prepared, some will get mental block on ethics and some people crack under the pressure
its about who you are not what you can do
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 858
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
I remember there were two girls who came in together or something. One had a green coat (I think). Maybe I just didn't see you.

Asian, 5 ft 9, black coat, clean shaven.

yesss hahaha that was my sister (with green coat) ... she didnt have an interview she just came with me, i was the girl with her :smile:

hmmm there were many people like that :P im thinking of 3 people you could be...
Original post by tans

hmmm there were many people like that :P im thinking of 3 people you could be...

I'm the best looking one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending