The Student Room Group

what degree if i love learning about humans ?

i want to do a degree surrounding humans , by this i mean both the scientific and behavioral side. what degree courses cover such topics ?
Reply 1
Economics. You only see a persons real nature and true colours when money is on the line. =)

On a slightly more serious note, Psychology?
Original post by Humzaawan123
i want to do a degree surrounding humans , by this i mean both the scientific and behavioral side. what degree courses cover such topics ?

Haha You sound like an alien.

Just look in the mirror. :smile:
Physical and/or social anthropology would fit the bill pretty precisely.
Original post by BitWindy
Physical and/or social anthropology would fit the bill pretty precisely.

isn't anthropology just the behavioral side ?
Original post by iAmanze
Economics. You only see a persons real nature and true colours when money is on the line. =)

On a slightly more serious note, Psychology?

lol, so true

i thought about psychology but although it covers a lot of behavioral topics most the scientific topics are less about learning about the body and rather about learning about drugs and medicines.
Reply 6
isn't anthropology just the behavioral side ?

That's social anthropology. As the name might suggest, physical anthropology is more focused on the 'science' (i.e. The genetic development of hominids)

thanks so much it looks perfect, however i don't know how i feel about the compulsory zoology,botany and ecology topics
Reply 9
At least now you know the course name of something you're potentially interested in. Different universities have different course structures so you could check that out.
Reply 10

Human Sciences! Although you would be limited to the universities that offer it. Exeter, UCL, Oxford are the only ones I know of.
http://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/geography/humansciences/
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate/degrees/ubshscsing05
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending