The Student Room Group

Am I in denial?

I've realised that when I really like someone I tend to dislike them beforehand is this a coincidence or am I just in denial about having feelings for them? This has happened more than once. I know no one can really answer this but I'd like to hear someone's opinion on it, have you ever done this?
Reply 1
Yeah I know what you mean, I think it's a denial type thing maybe you subconsciously think ah either they won't like me so you resent them or you think they're not good enough for you/you're too good for them.
Are they of the same sex as you though?
It's a way to mentally prepare yourself for the possibility of rejection.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Illegal Algebra

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with this.
Reply 5
Original post by iAmanze
I agree with this.

I agree with you agreeing to that
Reply 6
Original post by thatitootoo
Are they of the same sex as you though?

No opposite.

Original post by Illegal Algebra

Posted from TSR Mobile

Both people that it's happened to have said they liked me afterwards though. Is it me that thinks I'm not good enough and thinking that they don't feel the same way?
Reply 7
Anyone else?
What made you like them after disliking them?
Ye man, you in de Nile. I couldn't resist. I nearly did a Yemen joke to start with
When I was in Sixth Form, I really hated my teacher at first. He was just so annoying and sarcastic, and had some irritating habits. Over time however, this feeling morphed into the biggest crush of my life(!). So what I will say is that people can tend to really dislike people before falling for them, merely because that person evokes strong emotion. Love and hate are similar in the sense that they are both strong feelings! If it's someone you usually wouldn't fall for or that they annoy you at first, the dislike makes particular sense.
Original post by Anonymous
When I was in Sixth Form, I really hated my teacher at first. He was just so annoying and sarcastic, and had some irritating habits. Over time however, this feeling morphed into the biggest crush of my life(!). So what I will say is that people can tend to really dislike people before falling for them, merely because that person evokes strong emotion. Love and hate are similar in the sense that they are both strong feelings! If it's someone you usually wouldn't fall for or that they annoy you at first, the dislike makes particular sense.

Yeah these two have been my biggest crushes. One of them is my usual type but the one I like now is the complete opposite to the people I usually like.

Original post by awkwardshortguy
What made you like them after disliking them?

One of them I have no idea why and the one I like now... Well I spent time with him when I wasn't drunk, stayed up all night talking to him and realised that I did in fact really like him.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Haters gon' date :cool:

I wish...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending