The Student Room Group

Writing French A2 Discursive Essays

Hey guys,
I am doing French A2 right now with Edexcel and i'm struggling to get a good grade like an A or a B in my discursive essays. I would really appreciate it if there's anyone who has studied French A2 before and is willing to give any advice? Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Discursive essays? Do you not have to do a literature or film essay?

Make sure you have plenty of good constructions and a variety of tenses. Plan your essay, including the phrases you want to get in there.
Reply 2
Original post by O133
Discursive essays? Do you not have to do a literature or film essay?

Make sure you have plenty of good constructions and a variety of tenses. Plan your essay, including the phrases you want to get in there.

We do a literature essay and a discursive essay. My school is doing Un Sac de Billes. Thanks for your response
Original post by RGJ
We do a literature essay and a discursive essay. My school is doing Un Sac de Billes. Thanks for your response

Poor people! Do you do a discursive essay at AS too? WJEC just has a discursive essay at AS and a literature/film one at A2.
Reply 4
Original post by O133
Poor people! Do you do a discursive essay at AS too? WJEC just has a discursive essay at AS and a literature/film one at A2.

For the AS exam, we had a reading, listening and writing paper. We also have a translation in A2. Yay :clap2:
Original post by RGJ
For the AS exam, we had a reading, listening and writing paper. We also have a translation in A2. Yay :clap2:

We had translation at AS though (French -> English) as well as A2 (English -> French).
Reply 6
Original post by O133
We had translation at AS though (French -> English) as well as A2 (English -> French).

Ouch. What else did you have in the AS?
Original post by RGJ
Ouch. What else did you have in the AS?

Listening (all of 6 marks or so), 2 reading texts with comprehension and gap-fill, translation and a topic essay.

Oral was two oral cards (4 min each) and then a 7 min discussion about education, pastimes and future plans.
Reply 8
Original post by O133
Listening (all of 6 marks or so), 2 reading texts with comprehension and gap-fill, translation and a topic essay.

Oral was two oral cards (4 min each) and then a 7 min discussion about education, pastimes and future plans.

That seems quite a bit harder than what I had to. Congrats on getting through it.

Quick Reply

Latest