RGJ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys,
I am doing French A2 right now with Edexcel and i'm struggling to get a good grade like an A or a B in my discursive essays. I would really appreciate it if there's anyone who has studied French A2 before and is willing to give any advice? Thanks
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Discursive essays? Do you not have to do a literature or film essay?

Make sure you have plenty of good constructions and a variety of tenses. Plan your essay, including the phrases you want to get in there.
RGJ
Rep:
?
(Original post by O133)
Discursive essays? Do you not have to do a literature or film essay?

Make sure you have plenty of good constructions and a variety of tenses. Plan your essay, including the phrases you want to get in there.
We do a literature essay and a discursive essay. My school is doing Un Sac de Billes. Thanks for your response
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RGJ)
We do a literature essay and a discursive essay. My school is doing Un Sac de Billes. Thanks for your response
Poor people! Do you do a discursive essay at AS too? WJEC just has a discursive essay at AS and a literature/film one at A2.
RGJ
Rep:
?
(Original post by O133)
Poor people! Do you do a discursive essay at AS too? WJEC just has a discursive essay at AS and a literature/film one at A2.
For the AS exam, we had a reading, listening and writing paper. We also have a translation in A2. Yay :clap2:
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RGJ)
For the AS exam, we had a reading, listening and writing paper. We also have a translation in A2. Yay :clap2:
We had translation at AS though (French -> English) as well as A2 (English -> French).
RGJ
Rep:
?
(Original post by O133)
We had translation at AS though (French -> English) as well as A2 (English -> French).
Ouch. What else did you have in the AS?
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RGJ)
Ouch. What else did you have in the AS?
Listening (all of 6 marks or so), 2 reading texts with comprehension and gap-fill, translation and a topic essay.

Oral was two oral cards (4 min each) and then a 7 min discussion about education, pastimes and future plans.
RGJ
Rep:
?
(Original post by O133)
Listening (all of 6 marks or so), 2 reading texts with comprehension and gap-fill, translation and a topic essay.

Oral was two oral cards (4 min each) and then a 7 min discussion about education, pastimes and future plans.
That seems quite a bit harder than what I had to. Congrats on getting through it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (114)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (34)
19.88%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.45%

Watched Threads