The Student Room Group

Green Party: the right to a place on the platform

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Quady
It?

Who is its leader?

You know exactly what I am talking about.
Original post by james22
What are your criteria for being in the debates then?

They are a Wales only party, they shouldn't be involved (I doubt they would want to be) much like the SNP shouldn't.

Generally political parties who are represented nationally, not regionally
Reply 22
Original post by james22
You know exactly what I am talking about.

Not really.

If the Greens won 7 seats in NI, 9 seats in England/Wales and 9 in Scotland and another party needed 20 seats for a majority and wanted to do a deal with 'The Green Party' - who would they negotiate with?
Original post by MatureStudent36
Generally political parties who are represented nationally, not regionally

The Green party are represented in England and Scotland, which is the most important part of the country though.
Original post by Quady
Not really.

If the Greens won 7 seats in NI, 9 seats in England/Wales and 9 in Scotland and another party needed 20 seats for a majority and wanted to do a deal with 'The Green Party' - who would they negotiate with?

I don't know who they would negotiate with, that's up to them. They could negotiate with any of the green parties, or any of the other parties with enough seats. They could mix and match, or try to negotiate with individual MPs. Not sure why you are asking me this.
Reply 25
Original post by james22
I don't know who they would negotiate with, that's up to them. They could negotiate with any of the green parties, or any of the other parties with enough seats. They could mix and match, or try to negotiate with individual MPs. Not sure why you are asking me this.

Because you seem to think there is a UK-wide Green Party...
Original post by Quady
Because you seem to think there is a UK-wide Green Party...

No I don't. There is one covering England and Wales though which is more than enough for them to matter.
Original post by james22
The Green party are represented in England and Scotland, which is the most important part of the country though.

Represented by two different parties calling themselves the Green Party.

The green party broke up in 1990.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Party_%28UK%29
Reply 28
Original post by james22
No I don't. There is one covering England and Wales though which is more than enough for them to matter.

Even if in NI 'The greens' get more seats than in England & Wales...?
Original post by Quady
Even if in NI 'The greens' get more seats than in England & Wales...?

Yes. Same reasoning as the SNP not being on the debates.
Represented by two different parties calling themselves the Green Party.

The green party broke up in 1990.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Party_%28UK%29

I meant England and Wales, not England and Scotland. My point still stands.
Original post by james22
I meant England and Wales, not England and Scotland. My point still stands.

No it doesn't.

Regional political parties shouldn't be invved in national debates. I don't care what Sinn Fein or plaid Cymru have to say. They have no national policies, only regional policies.

If the green party grew up and became the Green Party then I'd grew with you, but as there's three seperate green party's in the UK that are ll different to each other, then they're a minority fringe party who between them have delivered 1 MP out of 650.
No it doesn't.

Regional political parties shouldn't be invved in national debates. I don't care what Sinn Fein or plaid Cymru have to say. They have no national policies, only regional policies.

If the green party grew up and became the Green Party then I'd grew with you, but as there's three seperate green party's in the UK that are ll different to each other, then they're a minority fringe party who between them have delivered 1 MP out of 650.

My point stands because they still cover the vast majority of the UK population wise. Over 90%.
Original post by james22
My point stands because they still cover the vast majority of the UK population wise. Over 90%.

But not all of it.
But not all of it.

I know, I don't see why that should matter.
Yes they deserve a place but it doesn't really matter because whoever is elected will only give you the same as what you're getting now. Newspeak and rhetoric is all you'll get. If you think you're voting for real change you're severely misguided.
But not all of it.

does the Conservative party stand in Northern Ireland?
Original post by james22
I know, I don't see why that should matter.

Regional parties don't get airtime, these are on national issues.
(edited 9 years ago)
Regional parties don't get these are on national issues.

I think you missed a word.
Reply 39
Original post by cambio wechsel
does the Conservative party stand in Northern Ireland?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Ireland_Conservatives

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending