The Student Room Group

Anti-feminist Justice For Men And Boys Party enters the General Election...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Reluire
I don't know how you've come to those conclusions.

Care to elabourate or is that all you've got?
Original post by Evening
Care to elabourate or is that all you've got?

By saying I don't understand how you've come to those conclusions, that's me suggesting you need to elaborate how you came to them.
Original post by tengentoppa
It must suck to be impotent. I'm happy for the government to continue backing sperm banks, they are important for people who can't reproduce naturally, and that should not be a barrier to having a child.

Well feel free to donate your own money. Why should everyone else pay for it?
Reply 23
It's so funny seeing people getting worked up over this, let's be honest they will NEVER come into power in any shape or form. Top parties will always be Tories/Labour/UKIP and now the Greens.
Original post by caitb97
It's so funny seeing people getting worked up over this, let's be honest they will NEVER come into power in any shape or form. Top parties will always be Tories/Labour/UKIP and now the Greens.

Well it is getting the ball rolling like the salvery abolishment, equal pay act they didn't happen immediately did it?

It is about influencing, do you think the Green Party affect the current main parties? I do because when people vote for them, it means the big parties see certain policies that they might incorporate to get voters.
People are worked up because there is an underlying mass effect that doesn't get reported by the media.
---
What a crap site thedebrief.co.uk is, thank you very much Queen Cersei for highlighting the misinformation.

'It should be a criminal offence for a British woman to have an abortion outside the UK more than 13 weeks after conception, on grounds other than reducing the risk of injury to her physical health'.
The point is that knowing a sex could help you choose to abort it, sex is not formed at 13 weeks.
He is not talking about legal parental separation for unmarried men - a discussion held many times in TSR Society.

Lesbians and single women shouldn't be allowed to have kids
I.e. stop subsidising sperm banks or IVF (£5,000/pop & 3 allowed under NHS for <40s). If they thought about it, then they can think how they will finance it, their responsibilities & if their parents will be their to help babysitting.
How much research will prove to the Govt. that single mother household children do badly? There so much info already.
This may encourage adoption, so great for children already born.

Girls and women shouldn't be encouraged to go into STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) subjects
Actual "The government should terminate programmes and withdraw guidelines designed to create ‘desired’ gender outcomes, e.g. to increase the proportion of girls and young women studying STEMM subjects."
There is a finite amount in funding, £ should go to students struggling, not take funding for a career that they realise is not worth staying in, not based on gender. Mike did a talk with Brunel students & I think he was impressed by the drive that the engineering woman had & what she said about her other female peers (he's probably got used to women who play the damsel of victimhood). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5QksUxM6kY I don't have the stats which show engineers are likely to quit the profession (female doctors prefer p/t after motherhood), he is saying no subsidies for women on that basis.

All boys schools should be encouraged
Private schools in the past & http://www.singlesexschools.org/research-singlesexvscoed.htm show that both sexes do better in single sexed schools. Boys are doing badly in comparison, so this method will help both sexes.

Governments should stop pushing for female candidates -... attempts to spin initiatives to get more women into government as unfair to men.
What it means is that it is unfair to the electorate, who get poorly qulaified candidates representing them! So Standards can get LOWER!
Why should there be a spin to have more women MPs? Do they think women will be less better represented? Do politicians ignore the 'men's vote'? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16446116
Who knows more women might demand: "The government should create a new cabinet position, Minister for Men and Equalities, to represent the interests of men and boys. The office holder should be a man, and should have access to the same level of resources that are available to the Minister for Women and Equalities."? But that might have in the "best of"!

Women should not be appointed to senior positions
The claim that including more women on boards increases the performance of the organization is not a consistent findingvan Dijk, H., van Engen, M. L., & van Knippenberg, D. (2012). Defying conventional wisdom: A meta-analytical examination of the differences between demographic and job-related diversity relationships with performance. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 119, 38-53. doi:10.1016/j.obhdp.2012.06.003]

The older studies that show positive correlations do not correct for selection bias and omitted variables, etc. When these are controlled for, more recent studies do not find causal relationships between having more women and greater performance:
- Adams, R. B., & Ferreira, D. (2009). Women in the boardroom and their impact on governance and performance. Journal of Financial Economics, 94, 291-309. doi:10.1016/j.jfineco.2008.10.007
- Antonakis, J., Bendahan, S., Jacquart, P., & Lalive, R. (2010). On making causal claims: A review and recommendations. The Leadership Quarterly, 21, 1086-1120. doi:10.1016/j.leaqua.2010.10.010
- O’Reilly, C. A., III, & Main, B. G. M. (2012). Women in the boardroom: Symbols or substance? Research Paper No. 2098, Stanford Graduate School of Business. http://gsbapps.stanford.edu/researchpapers/library/RP2098.pdf.

Norway,government instituted quotas to ensure at least 40% representation of women on boards. The effect of this mandated quota system has been extensively analyzed:
- Ahern, K., & Dittmar, A. (2012). The changing of the boards: The impact on firm valuation of mandated female board representation. The Quarterly Journal of Economics, 127, 137-197. doi:10.1093/qje/qjr049
- Matsa, D. A., & Miller, A. R. (2012). A female style in corporate leadership? Evidence from quotas. Northwestern University.
The analyses actually found a negative correlation between corporate profits and the inclusion of more women. Results of the above studies - one could instead claim that it was the Norwegian government that shortchanged investors by mandating more women on boards!

See tons of quality psychological research demonstrating that decision-making ability of men and women is not that different!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by rad_student
Well it is getting the ball rolling like the salvery abolishment, equal pay act they didn't happen immediately did it?

It is about influencing, do you think the Green Party affect the current main parties? I do because when people vote for them, it means the big parties see certain policies that they might incorporate to get voters.
People are worked up because there is an underlying mass effect that doesn't get reported by the media.
---
What a crap site thedebrief.co.uk is, thank you very much Queen Cersei for highlighting the misinformation.

'It should be a criminal offence for a British woman to have an abortion outside the UK more than 13 weeks after conception, on grounds other than reducing the risk of injury to her physical health'.
The point is that knowing a sex could help you choose to abort it, sex is not formed at 13 weeks.
He is not talking about legal parental separation for unmarried men - a discussion held many times in TSR Society.

Lesbians and single women shouldn't be allowed to have kids
I.e. stop subsidising sperm banks or IVF (£5,000/pop & 3 allowed under NHS for <40s). If they thought about it, then they can think how they will finance it, their responsibilities & if their parents will be their to help babysitting.
How much research will prove to the Govt. that single mother household children do badly? There so much info already.
This may encourage adoption, so great for children already born.

Girls and women shouldn't be encouraged to go into STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) subjects
Actual "The government should terminate programmes and withdraw guidelines designed to create ‘desired’ gender outcomes, e.g. to increase the proportion of girls and young women studying STEMM subjects."
There is a finite amount in funding, £ should go to students struggling, not take funding for a career that they realise is not worth staying in, not based on gender. Mike did a talk with Brunel students & I think he was impressed by the drive that the engineering woman had & what she said about her other female peers (he's probably got used to women who play the damsel of victimhood). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5QksUxM6kY I don't have the stats which show engineers are likely to quit the profession (female doctors prefer p/t after motherhood), he is saying no subsidies for women on that basis.

All boys schools should be encouraged
Private schools in the past & http://www.singlesexschools.org/research-singlesexvscoed.htm show that both sexes do better in single sexed schools. Boys are doing badly in comparison, so this method will help both sexes.

Governments should stop pushing for female candidates -... attempts to spin initiatives to get more women into government as unfair to men.
What it means is that it is unfair to the electorate, who get poorly qulaified candidates representing them! So Standards can get LOWER!
Why should there be a spin to have more women MPs? Do they think women will be less better represented? Do politicians ignore the 'men's vote'? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16446116
Who knows more women might demand: "The government should create a new cabinet position, Minister for Men and Equalities, to represent the interests of men and boys. The office holder should be a man, and should have access to the same level of resources that are available to the Minister for Women and Equalities."? But that might have in the "best of"!

Women should not be appointed to senior positions
The claim that including more women on boards increases the performance of the organization is not a consistent findingvan Dijk, H., van Engen, M. L., & van Knippenberg, D. (2012). Defying conventional wisdom: A meta-analytical examination of the differences between demographic and job-related diversity relationships with performance. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 119, 38-53. doi:10.1016/j.obhdp.2012.06.003]

The older studies that show positive correlations do not correct for selection bias and omitted variables, etc. When these are controlled for, more recent studies do not find causal relationships between having more women and greater performance:
- Adams, R. B., & Ferreira, D. (2009). Women in the boardroom and their impact on governance and performance. Journal of Financial Economics, 94, 291-309. doi:10.1016/j.jfineco.2008.10.007
- Antonakis, J., Bendahan, S., Jacquart, P., & Lalive, R. (2010). On making causal claims: A review and recommendations. The Leadership Quarterly, 21, 1086-1120. doi:10.1016/j.leaqua.2010.10.010
- O’Reilly, C. A., III, & Main, B. G. M. (2012). Women in the boardroom: Symbols or substance? Research Paper No. 2098, Stanford Graduate School of Business. http://gsbapps.stanford.edu/researchpapers/library/RP2098.pdf.

Norway,government instituted quotas to ensure at least 40% representation of women on boards. The effect of this mandated quota system has been extensively analyzed:
- Ahern, K., & Dittmar, A. (2012). The changing of the boards: The impact on firm valuation of mandated female board representation. The Quarterly Journal of Economics, 127, 137-197. doi:10.1093/qje/qjr049
- Matsa, D. A., & Miller, A. R. (2012). A female style in corporate leadership? Evidence from quotas. Northwestern University.
The analyses actually found a negative correlation between corporate profits and the inclusion of more women. Results of the above studies - one could instead claim that it was the Norwegian government that shortchanged investors by mandating more women on boards!

See tons of quality psychological research demonstrating that decision-making ability of men and women is not that different!

Meticulous post, though I'm not sure I agree with the last line. Isn't there solid research that men and women have generally differently wired brains?
Original post by Birkenhead
Meticulous post, though I'm not sure I agree with the last line. Isn't there solid research that men and women have generally differently wired brains?

A weak point by me, I tend to think the hard business decisions taken by both will be the same - costcutting/downsizing, financial transactions, maybe there are less decisions which are "6 of 1 half a dozen of the other" & only 1 right decision; or for Yahoo employees no remote working (affects mainly SAH women!) http://www.businessinsider.com/marissa-mayer-who-just-banned-working-from-home-paid-to-have-a-nursery-built-at-her-office-2013-2?IR=T
http://www.businessinsider.com/why-marissa-mayer-told-remote-employees-to-work-in-an-office--or-quit-2013-2?IR=T - more info on business.
(edited 9 years ago)
I can't see most boys wanting to go to single sex schools if they have the option of going to coed ones.

As for making it illegal for single women to have children - well I don't know that we've ever managed that in this country over the last millenium. Are we going to attach chastity belts to all girls? Or make them all have abortions perhaps?

And, no abortions after 13 weeks except if continuing the pregnancy would physically harm the mother? What about the discovery of anencephaly - when the foetus has no brain. Are you really suggesting that these babies should be carried to term?

I doubt many men would want to limit the advancement of their partners, professionally. They have too much to gain from the increased wages coming into the household. Surely we want the best person for the job whether they be male or female? And if men want to stay at home and look after children , work part time - shouldn't we allow them to? Isn't it all about choice?

As for not encouraging women into STEM subjects - surely we want to encourage the best people - male or female. We don't want to miss the Marie Curies of this world do we?
(edited 9 years ago)
Put them in the debates. Also, put them on a "Question Time " panel alongside one of the popular TV feminists who foam at the mouth. That should be good for a laugh.
Could be worse..

Agree

Abortions should be pretty much illegal - Previously i supported abortion however actually i do want the native birthrate to rise (i'd rather like a cushy state pension among other things) and we live in an age where i think a lot of people lack responsibility. There should be exceptions where it is allowed like rape however if somebody can't make sure they are on the pill while making their ONS use a condom, then tough.

Women should be encouraged to go into STEM subjects - What's to argue with here?

Government should stop pushing female candidates - Cannot agree more. I oppose positive discrimination on the grounds that i believe in a meritocracy. Equal opportunity, not equality of outcome.

Disagree

Lesbians and single women should not have children - Happy to go with the experts on this, if they say its not damaging then go for it. I will say that i don't support state IVF anymore due to the large surplus of adoption stock we have.

All boys schools should be encouraged - Segregation will not do us any good.

Women should not be appointed to senior positions - That is the choice of the business, not government.

All in all, i don't see why any women could really get angry about this.
Original post by Nigel Farage MEP
While I would agree with you there, and would also agree their manifesto is mostly nonsense with sources that have not been referenced, we should not immediately dismiss them. I did read through their full manifesto on their blog site, and realised they actually have sensible proposals which, although socially conservative, are hard to dismiss instantly.

FOETAL ALCOHOL SYNDROME - The government should introduce legislation to prosecute women who have given birth to babies with FAS of inflicting GBH, and if found guilty, give them custodial sentences in line with CPS guidance.

GENITAL MUTILATION - We call for the practice of male GM on individuals under the age of 18 to be made illegal other than on grounds of medical need. Until MGM is made illegal, it should only be performed after the application of local anaesthetic. Only medical practitioners should be permitted to perform the operation, and only in registered medical premises. Taking males under the age of 18 abroad to have MGM performed should be a criminal offence.

MARRIAGE - The government needs to restore the tax advantages that married people used to enjoy. The sum of a couple’s married person’s tax allowances (MPTAs) should exceed the sum of the two individual tax allowances, and it should be made available in full to the bread-winning spouse for couples whose children are under secondary school age. The cost of this to the state would be minimal when compared to the cost of subsidizing nursery school places for young children with working mothers. The signal it would send about the need for a stable home in which young children can be nurtured to become fully rounded adults, based on a committed marriage as a legal and ethical covenant for life, would be significant.

DIVORCE - Following separation, both parents will continue to share equally all of the responsibilities and duties towards their children. The responsibility for deciding when the children will reside with each parent, and financial arrangements for supporting the children, will rest with both parents in equal measure.

HOMELESSNESS - It is iniquitous that people forced out of their family homes after family breakdowns are deemed ‘intentionally homeless’, even when they have left their homes to escape abusive partners. Local Authorities should bear a responsibility for providing them with accommodation, if they are not in a financial position to afford accommodation.

JUSTICE SYSTEM - The government should hold a public inquiry into the matter, with a view to ensuring that the justice system becomes gender-blind. Men and women convicted of the same crimes should be equally likely to face incarceration, and serve the same sentences.

OTHER - Debates about meritocracy versus positive discrimination is used a lot but that is already taking place within the main political parties and society.

seems pretty reasonable, is it seriously legal to perform circumcision without anaesthetic wtf?!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Greg Jackson
seems pretty reasonable, is it seriously legal to perform circumcision without anaesthetic wtf?!

Taken straight from the Jewish Medical Council

The procedure itself consists of the removal of the foreskin using surgical tools accompanied throughout by a series of liturgical blessings and prayers.
The skin is treated with appropriate cleansing solutions and sweet liquid or juice is often fed to the baby. No formal anaesthesia is given routinely.
Original post by Rakas21

All in all, i don't see why any women could really get angry about this.

Do you really have that much tunnel vision?

I don;t find it hard to come up with reasons people support stuff I find abhorrent. Use your imagination.

I don't agree with positive discrimination but I can see why people would support it.
I am not politically savvy as, Debate and current affairs TSRians. Give me numbers & science to analyse.

What would happen if a Feminist party won the election?
In Spain when PSOE (Spanish Socialist Workers' Party, Partido Socialista Obrero Español) won in 2004 they introduced a law where False Accusations by women became a way to 'earn' money, all done without any proof & the man goes straight to jail
[video="youtube;GjgBfklmYj8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjgBfklmYj8[/video]
Spain had street demonstrations, writings of "against gender Stalinism" & the Gender Violence law (Ley Contra la Violencia de Genero) abolished.
That Party lost by its biggest margin in over 100 years history once exposed...but won twice (successful campaign or women voters?)!
---

A bit of Femen about them in Argentina http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vHkjgg-Qcw *NSFW*
National Women's Encounter opposed Church's view on abortion (Govt. sponsored! Female President Kirchner was there for 6 years). The police reportedly told the media they were unable to intervene because "they are women."
---
Feminist Initiative (Feministisk Initiativ, F!) won a seat last in Europe or did they, or didn't they? Confusing. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29195683
--

Added my comment above to thedebrief.co.uk, waiting to see if they accept it! PrintScreened it anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Greg Jackson
being anti feminist doesn't make you a misogynist

Being anti feminist means you are against equality of all genders. Which is stupid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lulalou
Being anti feminist means you are against equality of all genders. Which is stupid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly.

Also I feel many people on this board hate on Feminism but have an incredibly limited understanding of it. People who only get their knowledge from what they see on message boards, news websites and (more recently) in gaming media.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Reluire
I don't know how you've come to those conclusions.

If you believe in charity, helping the poor, you must be a Christian? Hmm... I am not of that religion/ideology, just a caring person who understands poverty in India. Reluire this is how you vouch for equality without being a feminist. Stop purposefully playing dumb.
Original post by datpiff
Exactly.
Also I feel many people on this board hate on Feminism but have an incredibly limited understanding of it. People who only get their knowledge from what they see on message boards, news websites and (more recently) in gaming media.

My understanding of feminism is reaching 4 years (excluding when I said I was a feminist when I was 20). It is based on understanding people & Govt.'s, both have a desire for power & if demonising 1 sex wins elections & provides £, then sobeit. It is based on how I can protect myself & impart my knowledge & experience to help people, especially when it is Unfair. Bias Against Men and Boys in Mental Health Research - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKXVcUSBKH4

This video is great, but at 5:15, you ask Who Benefits from falsehood in crimes? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOrGFG-fcNg
Who get's the shelter spaces when 2013 has >35% of DV are men?
Who tried to suppress Erin Pizzey, feminism was hateful 40 years ago.

GamerGate - so the gaming people invited people to their world & the same feminist controlled media had a go at them. So the Gamers formed an opinion & made Gawker - who control many media outlets (like Murdoch) lose their ad revenue by millions of $. http://www.timesofpol.com/gawker-how-to-lose-sponsors-and-alienate-readers/ - Polaski Durden has screenprints.
Look at the ~20,000 down thumbs & 800 ups in 3 days; comments talking about comment deletion from GirlWritesWhat & prominent Gamers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAyncf3DBUQ
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise" until cost/benefit changes & it affects the share £/$/€ they will suppress info.

OPEN your eyes - both sexes are discriminated, but only 1 sex's problem/suffering get suppressed & no funding to help them.

Edit:
Original post by thunder_chunky
Put them in the debates. Also, put them on a "Question Time " panel alongside one of the popular TV feminists who foam at the mouth. That should be good for a laugh.

This is close for the time being. Mike Buchanan debates with Caroline Criado-Perez on 'This Morning' (ITV), hopefully he is being groomed for "Question Time". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B584lfTdDio

The ITV programme 'This Morning' regularly attracts audiences of over two million viewers, mostly women. The 2 'Lying Feminist of the Month' awards we've presented to Caroline Criado-Perez. Her 'Whiny Feminist of the Month' award cert.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending