The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Hey there :smile: Very nice to see a thread for Catholics that's not about a Q&A for non-Catholics to question the Catechism :P
Reply 7181
Original post by JoeL1994
Hey there :smile: Very nice to see a thread for Catholics that's not about a Q&A for non-Catholics to question the Catechism :P

I know :mmm:
And when people come in here for that we nicely send them off to the ask about Christianity thread :h:
Original post by Aula
I know :mmm:
And when people come in here for that we nicely send them off to the ask about Christianity thread :h:

There's a time and a place for proselytising :tongue: I assume us lapsed Catholics are welcome in this thread too?
Reply 7183
There's a time and a place for proselytising :tongue: I assume us lapsed Catholics are welcome in this thread too?

The more the merrier.
If we're nice enough to you you might come back :colone:
Original post by Aula
The more the merrier.
If we're nice enough to you you might come back :colone:

I haven't drifted too far, I just place more emphasis on my personal relationship with God as opposed to attending Mass. I more or less agree and follow canon law and all parts of modern Catholicism.
Reply 7185
I haven't drifted too far, I just place more emphasis on my personal relationship with God as opposed to attending Mass. I more or less agree and follow canon law and all parts of modern Catholicism.

Ah, we'll get you back nice and easily then.
(Okay, I'll stop making jokes about that now, it's only ever funny the first couple of times)
Original post by Aula
Ah, we'll get you back nice and easily then.
(Okay, I'll stop making jokes about that now, it's only ever funny the first couple of times)

Haha my Mum still makes enough jokes about it so I'm well used to it :colondollar:
Reply 7187
Haha my Mum still makes enough jokes about it so I'm well used to it :colondollar:

:mmm: suggest she prays to St. Monica.
Original post by Aula
:mmm: suggest she prays to St. Monica.

I did tell her she could always pray to St Anthony to help me be 'found' again :rolleyes:
Gotta admit guys I'm not thrilled with the Pope's comments about punching people. What do you all make of it?
Reply 7190
I did tell her she could always pray to St Anthony to help me be 'found' again :rolleyes:

He is big on finding the lost souls :yep:
Original post by Aula
He is big on finding the lost souls :yep:

My souls not lost, merely off on a tangent :wink:
Reply 7192
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Gotta admit guys I'm not thrilled with the Pope's comments about punching people. What do you all make of it?

I completely understand the sentiment, but it's another case of him speaking without necessarily quite thinking it through. He wasn't advocating violence, as can be seen from the context and the other things he said.
Reply 7193
My souls not lost, merely off on a tangent :wink:

Just temporarily misplaced?
Original post by Aula
Just temporarily misplaced?

Temporarily for the last 5 1/2 years yes :P
Reply 7195
Original post by Aula
x

I haven't seen Frozen yet, but I keep seeing people with Frozen pics like your avatar. Should I finally watch it? :dontknow:
Original post by PinkMobilePhone

I see where he's coming from and support it, I think that while violence is in no way justified, such provocative and insulting images should not be written off as being touchable as they are declared 'satirical'.
Reply 7197
Temporarily for the last 5 1/2 years yes :P

I know of worse :wink2:

Original post by Groot
I haven't seen Frozen yet, but I keep seeing people with Frozen pics like your avatar. Should I finally watch it? :dontknow:

YES!!

Be aware that it's not the "best film eva!!1!" that some people claim it is, and it's possible that you could watch it and hate it, but you'll probably enjoy it :h:
Reply 7198
Original post by Aula
YES!!

Be aware that it's not the "best film eva!!1!" that some people claim it is, and it's possible that you could watch it and hate it, but you'll probably enjoy it :h:

:tongue: Okay thanks for the recommendation. It'll be the next film I watch. :smile:
Original post by Aula
I know of worse :wink2:

I'm sure I'll see the light sooner or later :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending