The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by benq
When did you get it? What other offer(s) are you leaning towards instead?

Um I got it in November i think? About a month after I applied.
i think I'll firm History and Politics at Exeter, or Combined Honours in Arts at Durham if I get an offer! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by binarythoughts
I've got one too, are you planning to firm it?

Waiting for UCL decision.
Original post by OddManOut
Waiting for UCL decision.

So am I!
Reply 123
Original post by elizanissim
Offer for French! Anyone else?

Waiting for mine !
Reply 124
Original post by emily997
Um I got it in November i think? About a month after I applied.
i think I'll firm History and Politics at Exeter, or Combined Honours in Arts at Durham if I get an offer! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I get offers from both, then it will be LSE Philosophy vs. KCL Liberal Arts (major in Philosophy). Do you think Exeter/Durham are better academically, or do you have other reasons?
Received an offer for single honours philosophy yesterday, Very pleased :smile:
Just received an offer for English, anyone else? (!!!)
Yeah, I've firmed kings. Really looking forward to going there now
Original post by Spirande
Yeah, I've firmed kings. Really looking forward to going there now

What course?
Reply 129
Offer for French with English!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by benq
If I get offers from both, then it will be LSE Philosophy vs. KCL Liberal Arts (major in Philosophy). Do you think Exeter/Durham are better academically, or do you have other reasons?

In terms of league tables yes, KCL surprisingly isn't that high on them for humanities for some reason. But they can't always be trusted and obviously Kings has an amazing international reputation and the best academics work there. I like the idea of a campus uni in the countryside, but at the same time London has so much to offer, and the Liberal Arts course does look incredible, so it will be difficult deciding.

Posted from TSR Mobile
got an offer for history BA :smile: :smile:
Reply 132
Original post by emily997
In terms of league tables yes, KCL surprisingly isn't that high on them for humanities for some reason. But they can't always be trusted and obviously Kings has an amazing international reputation and the best academics work there. I like the idea of a campus uni in the countryside, but at the same time London has so much to offer, and the Liberal Arts course does look incredible, so it will be difficult deciding.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Clueless international Applicant here. I have an offer from King's to study PPE. There is little to no information on how strong the PPE program is at King's. Does anyone know how King's compares to the other top UK unis (LSE, UCL, Warwick, Durham, Bath) in terms of international recognition, employability and teaching quality?

Should I be excited about the King's offer, or should I hold out to see if I can get into Cornell or Berkeley in the USA?

I'm also waiting on LSE for politics and econ
Original post by avar
Clueless international Applicant here. I have an offer from King's to study PPE. There is little to no information on how strong the PPE program is at King's. Does anyone know how King's compares to the other top UK unis (LSE, UCL, Warwick, Durham, Bath) in terms of international recognition, employability and teaching quality?

Should I be excited about the King's offer, or should I hold out to see if I can get into Cornell or Berkeley in the USA?

Kings college is very good for humanities. For rankings compared to other universities look at the Guardian newspaper league table (if you google uk university league table philosophy, a few good comparison sites should come up).

You should definitely be excited about your offer haha. As for the US unis, it probably depends more on where you want to work in the future/the type of place you want to live. London is very expensive but there's so many amazing free things to do and tuition fees are (I think???) loads cheaper than in the US, even for international students.

Out of Kings and LSE, LSE is seen as the academically superior as it's more competitive and has more of a focus (economics and political science) than Kings which has 3 campuses and does loads of courses. But LSE is also seen as less socially exciting,( though obviously could just be a stereotype).
(lol sorry for long answer, hope that helped)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by avar

I got an offer from Kings to study PPE too. I live I the US and I can tell you that Berkeley and Cornell are highly regarded here, but Americans that do work for multinational companies will be aware of universities outside the U.S., and Kings is one of them. Also, about Berkeley, if you're not a resident of California, you're going to paying a LOT (over 30 thousand dollars per year in tuition alone).
anyone for French and Management?
Reply 136
Offer for Liberal Arts!
Original post by benq
Offer for Liberal Arts!

yay same! Finally got the offer exactly 3 months after applying!! Is yours AAA? And are you thinking if firming? :smile:
Reply 138
Original post by myrimyrisauce
yay same! Finally got the offer exactly 3 months after applying!! Is yours AAA? And are you thinking if firming? :smile:

Mine is an A in one additional subject to those already taken. That's because I already have AAC from the last year. I am thinking to firm it, yes. But that's not 100% yet. Which majors/minors are you considering?
(edited 9 years ago)
I've had an offer for Global Health and Social Medicine BSc :smile:

Latest