The Student Room Group

Machete Wielding Man Screaming "White Power" Attacks Shopper in Tesco

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by queen-bee
It won't even appear on the news. But if that was an ethnic minority,it would be everywhere on sky and BBC news.
It is on the SKY and BBC news. But it's not a big story like people wielding machine guns and RPGs in a capital city to take over a media office.

It's a nutter in a shop in a provincial town. He probably has been refusing to take his medication for weeks and now he's lost the plot because of what's on the news.

Would that be your response if you knew it was a person of colour that carried out the attack?
I've thought long and hard about it and, no, instead of saying "Is it one of those people who have no power because of the strong winds?" I think if he had cried "Black Power" instead I would have written "Is that any more reliable than the power that has been cut off because of the strong winds?"

If he had cried "Moslem Power" I would have said "Well, they've got most of the oil already. He must be an Iranian wanting nuclear power too."

If he had cried "Pŵer Gwyn" it really would have been all over our media as it would have left the rest of us very confused as to what he wanted.

Original post by Truths
"I think that all white people should apologise on his behalf!!!"
Don't you mean "condemn his behaviour"?

I condemn his behaviour. He should have taken his medication.

I feel sorry for the poor random sod he chose as his target, though.
Original post by silent ninja
Screaming "white power" sounds politically motivated to me. I think white people should speak up to confirm they do not agree with this extreme sect of white society

If you are white and Muslim, well, you're going to be a very busy boy this month!

Well it doesn't sound like terrorism if it's a lone gun, with no major links to a group, whereas every Muslim terrorist has links to a group and is usually doing this in a group and not alone.
Original post by Snagprophet
Well it doesn't sound like terrorism if it's a lone gun, with no major links to a group, whereas every Muslim terrorist has links to a group and is usually doing this in a group and not alone.

Original post by Simes
It is on the SKY and BBC news. But it's not a big story like people wielding machine guns and RPGs in a capital city to take over a media office.

It's a nutter in a shop in a provincial town. He probably has been refusing to take his medication for weeks and now he's lost the plot because of what's on the news.

I've thought long and hard about it and, no, instead of saying "Is it one of those people who have no power because of the strong winds?" I think if he had cried "Black Power" instead I would have written "Is that any more reliable than the power that has been cut off because of the strong winds?"

If he had cried "Moslem Power" I would have said "Well, they've got most of the oil already. He must be an Iranian wanting nuclear power too."

If he had cried "Pŵer Gwyn" it really would have been all over our media as it would have left the rest of us very confused as to what he wanted.

Don't you mean "condemn his behaviour"?

I condemn his behaviour. He should have taken his medication.

I feel sorry for the poor random sod he chose as his target, though.

I didn't realise you'd so swiftly done a full background profile on the offender and also viewed his medical records that declared him insane - in your opinion. It shows a lot that you err on the side of caution in this case, but happily brand any brownie 'moslem' a terrorist (guilty) until proven otherwise

You simply need to read an ISIS article and be a brownie and you'd be called a member - that's after you're shot dead so that you can't defend yourself
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by silent ninja
I didn't realise you'd so swiftly done a full background profile on the offender and also viewed his medical records that declared him insane - in your opinion. It shows a lot that you err on the side of caution in this case, but happily brand any brownie 'moslem' a terrorist (guilty) until proven otherwise

What the **** is this?
Original post by Snagprophet
What the **** is this?

Fixed. I missed the multiquote. how embarrassing
Original post by Skip_Snip
Sorry.

Happy now?

That wasn't as condemney as we expected, it could have been a bit more denounceyer
*Professional Condemnologist*:cool:
"in what appeared to be a racially-motivated assault."

I wonder what gave that away.

Original post by Truths
"I think that all white people should apologise on his behalf!!!"

That'll open a can of worms all by itself.
Reply 47
Original post by thunder_chunky
That'll open a can of worms all by itself.
Tesco's sell cans of worms?
Reply 48
Original post by Simes

Yeah, they're in the halal aisle.
Original post by broscience123
The attacker wasn't brown, so this will not be classed as terrorism.

"Terrorist" is a euphemism for "jihadist" in our current climate. The attacker wasn't shouting "Allahu Akbar", and he wasn't part of the global jihad.

There is no major movement for white supremacy, hence the few white supremacist terrorists we have left are labelled "psychopaths" and "loonies" rather than adherents of an expansionist ideology which is currently a real threat to our freedoms.

If a white person shouted "allahu akbar" and murdered the typical targets of jihadists, it would be a terrorist attack.
Original post by Simes

They sell just about everything else.
It won't even appear on the news. But if that was an ethnic minority,it would be everywhere on sky and BBC news.

Oh no? Let's try them both, eh?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-24540532

http://news.sky.com/story/1154940/rotherham-machete-murder-victim-named
Original post by viddy9
And yet he was charged with terrorism arrested on suspicion of murder.

Corrected.
Original post by Zürich
Are you trying to pretend that anti-Semitic attacks are being caused by the far right?

Because I can promise you that 99.9% are committed by so called 'brown people'

The CST said that where it had established something of the perpetrator's identity, 47% were white, 29% were Asian, 10% were Arab, 7% were black and 6% were Eastern European.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12350913
Original post by Ravenous
The CST said that where it had established something of the perpetrator's identity, 47% were white, 29% were Asian, 10% were Arab, 7% were black and 6% were Eastern European.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12350913

That just shows that Semites are disproportionately ant-semitic, doesn't it?
Reply 55
Original post by Good bloke

Original post by viddy9
And yet he was charged with terrorism arrested on suspicion of murder.

Corrected.

You what.

On 3 June 2008, he was charged with three offences, one under the Terrorism Act 2006 and a further two under the Explosive Substances Act 1883. He appeared before magistrates in a secure court in Westminster, London on 4 June 2008, and was remanded in custody.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by n00
You what.

Ha! I was referring to the perpetrator of the crime that is the subject of this thread. I didn't spot that others had gone down a blind alley. Sorry.
Reply 57
Original post by Good bloke
Ha! I was referring to the perpetrator of the crime that is the subject of this thread. I didn't spot that others had gone down a blind alley. Sorry.

Still wrong, he's been charged with attempted murder.
Original post by broscience123
The attacker wasn't brown, so this will not be classed as terrorism.

This. He's a terrorist in my eyes, considering people were well quite terrified.. and it was politically motivated.
Original post by n00
Still wrong, he's been charged with attempted murder.

Not according to the BBC and Sky reports I linked in post 57, though this may have developed since last night. Surely he will eventually be charged with murder, not attempted murder?

Quick Reply

Latest