The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

university of manchester-conditional offer

I received a conditional offer of AAB, with A in maths, A in physics, and B in chemistry. i will be studying mechanical engineering, but my question is, if i got ABB, will they still accept me?
Or if i got AAB, but B in maths, will they still accept me?
Nobody can tell you that. It depends on too many factors, like how many other applicants meet their offers, none of which anyone can predict at this stage.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Nobody can tell you that. It depends on too many factors, like how many other applicants meet their offers, none of which anyone can predict at this stage.

But is it still possible for me to get in? or will i be rejected, no matter what.
Original post by Faisal.fms
But is it still possible for me to get in? or will i be rejected, no matter what.

It's definitely possible but I have no idea how likely it would be.
Reply 4
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
It's definitely possible but I have no idea how likely it would be.

Alright, thanks for the replies :smile:
There is high demand for spaces at UoM, especially in engineering and sciences so naturally high competition there. I got lucky, and was given leeway for a course requiring ABB, with BBB results. It depends highly on the course and availability, so ensure you make contingency if you aren't confident you will get the required grades. It's also very useful to talk to admissions well before results day, specifically the engineering admissions department in your case as they can modify your conditional offer based on other factors like other achievements or passion for the course.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending