The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

The UCL PPE thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dprince
Exactly! I'm relying on it so much :frown:

Trust me when I say that everyone on this thread is probably holding onto that little optimism in them to keep them from going insane!

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Maestori
Any day is that like in a week or tomorrow? Did she specify further and do you think it's beneficial to have been asked in which direction you want to pursue your degree?

I'm not sure I'm guessing probably next week! She didn't specify further. I'm not sure, central admissions process the applications so what I said to her didn't really affect it at all!
Original post by Teddysmith123
Trust me when I say that everyone on this thread is probably holding onto that little optimism in them to keep them from going insane!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha! Is this definitely your firm then?
Reply 203
Original post by kurofune
My email has become my best friend.
gahhhhhhhh
UCL is the only one I haven't heard back from.

UCL is the last one to reply to me too. At this moment I just want to know regardless of it it's a yes or no

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dprince
Haha! Is this definitely your firm then?

I think so! The more I learn about UCL and the more I read about their ppe course the more I love it - which for me is strange because I always wanted to move out of london, but UCL has definitely swayed me. Will it be your firm too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think so! The more I learn about UCL and the more I read about their ppe course the more I love it - which for me is strange because I always wanted to move out of london, but UCL has definitely swayed me. Will it be your firm too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's definitely my firm! The course seems good but I haven't seen much of the uni :smile:
Original post by Dprince
Yeah it's definitely my firm! The course seems good but I haven't seen much of the uni :smile:

Oh well it looks incredible and after having spoken to many UCL students my reservations about the uni have kind of changed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 207
Original post by Dprince

I visited the university in December and they're also doing a lot of cool things there in terms of research. Plus it's in central London so you can't really go wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh well it looks incredible and after having spoken to many UCL students my reservations about the uni have kind of changed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What were your original reservations? :smile:

Original post by Rid
I visited the university in December and they're also doing a lot of cool things there in terms of research. Plus it's in central London so you can't really go wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is very true. It's right near Euston isn't it?
Original post by Dprince
What were your original reservations? :smile:

Haha well one big one that I had was to do with the social life at UCL as I had heard it wasn't great! Also, since I've lived in London my entire life I was quite eager to leave, which is why I only applied to one london uni but actually after looking into UCL a bit more I've actually found that I could enjoy myself there and also be able to do well - since it is quite prestigious and I've heard the lecturers are really good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=Teddysmith123;52972311What were your original reservations? :)

Haha well one big one that I had was to do with the social life at UCL as I had heard it wasn't great! Also, since I've lived in London my entire life I was quite eager to leave, which is why I only applied to one london uni but actually after looking into UCL a bit more I've actually found that I could enjoy myself there and also be able to do well - since it is quite prestigious and I've heard the lecturers are really good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I have a secret theory that they will invest a lot in good lecturers/ put us in all the good lecture halls this year to establish the course as one of the best! :smile:

I know that at Durham some of the art students were grumbling to me about how the PPEists get all the privileges muahahha :colone::colone::colone:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dprince
Yeah I have a secret theory that they will invest a lot in good lecturers/ put us in all the good lecture halls this year to establish the course as one of the best! :smile:

I know that at Durham some of the art students were grumbling to me about how the PPEists get all the privileges muahahha :colone::colone::colone:

Haha well lucky us! (Hopefully) :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha well lucky us! (Hopefully) :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe I am very hopeful. Are the UCL buildings quite modern or a mix of the old and the new? (If you know):kungfu:
Original post by Dprince
Hehe I am very hopeful. Are the UCL buildings quite modern or a mix of the old and the new? (If you know):kungfu:

I'm not sure but I know that the accommodation looks fairly modern! Astor college looks amazing though. ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 214
Original post by Dprince

They were a mix of the old and new. I thought it would just be one building but I was pleasantly surprised to see how big the campus is.

Also I'm sure they'll invest a lot into the degree because they have some stiff competition with Lse and since both universities have started PPE this year, they'll both be looking at being better than the other

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure but I know that the accommodation looks fairly modern! Astor college looks amazing though. ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Astor College.. will have to google that. Accommodation is the most important bit and definitely the bit that will be better than Oxford lol the accommodation there was so bad!

Original post by Rid
They were a mix of the old and new. I thought it would just be one building but I was pleasantly surprised to see how big the campus is.

Also I'm sure they'll invest a lot into the degree because they have some stiff competition with Lse and since both universities have started PPE this year, they'll both be looking at being better than the other

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wahoo!!!
Original post by Dprince
Astor College.. will have to google that. Accommodation is the most important bit and definitely the bit that will be better than Oxford lol the accommodation there was so bad!

Wahoo!!!

Yh I mean the downside is we don't necessarily get to choose which accommodation we want - or so I have heard! But I liked Astor college because it looked really nice and modern.

And haha, did you really not like oxford accommodation or are you in that phase of rejection where you begin to try to find faults in everything that you originally liked about the college! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just to confirm, no one has an offer thus far right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 218
Original post by ooftar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not yet :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ooftar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope! Not as far as I know!

Yh I mean the downside is we don't necessarily get to choose which accommodation we want - or so I have heard! But I liked Astor college because it looked really nice and modern.

And haha, did you really not like oxford accommodation or are you in that phase of rejection where you begin to try to find faults in everything that you originally liked about the college! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No the college accomodation was actually rubbish! Is it just me or are all the beds at Oxford extremely flimsy? (I've been interviewed for the last two years and visited Ox on other occassions for lectures and I'm yet to sleep on a comfy bed) :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending