The Student Room Group

King Edward VI Camp Hill Boys Sixth Form Interview (Monday 19th January 2015)

Hey guys :smile: finally happened and got my interview on Monday 19th Jan. Anyone at the school/who has had an interview that can give me some tips? Btw the subjects I'm taking are: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Computer Science
Reply 1
Original post by WavyShavy1
I'm in year 13 at the moment (been at the school for 7 years).

Some of my friends who are externals who came into year 12 have told me that once you get an interview, you're pretty much guaranteed a place. The interview is very relaxed and is followed by a tour of the school.

The offer you will be made will be A grades at gcse for the subjects you want to study at A level ~ so pretty easy!
Hope this helped.

Thank you very much dude, I'm finally quite relaxed about it! Just a quick question, any topics or areas I can talk about that will impress Mr Hardy?
Reply 2
should I apply I haven't applied there? because it's like impossible for me to get in...
Reply 3
Why would you say it's impossible for you to get in? What are your predicted grades?

A*s As and Bs
Reply 4
I'm confused with the application. Can you pick 5 and if you do pick 5 why is mathematics and further mathematics put in one. Also would that mean I have to do 6. Or can I do 6?
Reply 5
Mr Hardy teaches Maths and coaches athletics, so if you say you're interested in either, he will taking a liking to you :smile:

Also, be ambitious. If he asks you which University you'd like to attend, he will be expecting to hear Oxbridge/UCL/Russel Group universities from your answer.

Thanks. Had the Interview today, went really well. I heard about the "Phantom Sh*tter"
Reply 6
Original post by OGGUS
I'm confused with the application. Can you pick 5 and if you do pick 5 why is mathematics and further mathematics put in one. Also would that mean I have to do 6. Or can I do 6?

6 is quite a lot man. 4 over the 2 year course should be enough man.. its loads of work
Reply 7
Original post by Kvllum
6 is quite a lot man. 4 over the 2 year course should be enough man.. its loads of work

The subjects will overlap

Quick Reply

Latest