The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tans
omg that sounds so harsh :frown: hmm well dont you worry, you'll get into imperial (and hopefully i'll see you there if i get in too :P)... and if it makes you feel better, the panel at imperial was super nice so hopefully that doesnt happen again :smile:

yeah, you'll probably hear back soon then! :smile: good luck!!!!

I hope so!! Yh, makes me feel better haha.

Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by tans
yep, the second i wrote that i havent heard from bristol, i was like hmm elt me check track... and it was like.. oh :frown: but bristol is third choice for me so yeah not too bad, and i guess its better to save the space for someone who really wants it and doesnt have any interivews yet :smile: ahaha oh you :colondollar:

Sorry to hear :frown: Yh true that. :biggrin:
Hmmm, sound like track didnt send u an email to say a change had been made, or i guess their email thingy is quite laggy...
Is there just a huge hall thing everyone sits in before their interview?
Original post by Ani97
When imperial give offers, is it on interview alone? Or do they take other things into account if they aren't totally convinced?
Totally freaking about the interview!
Another question - as imperial have good odds for getting an offer, why do people get rejected after interviews? Everyone would have prepared so how can they choose?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh i was speaking to a medic at imperial (in imperial) and he said as long as u get an interview and u dont act like a bloody idiot then u should be fine. He said that after u get ur interview, they solely base u on ur interview which i guess explains the 15 minute interview they giv (probs pretty much already made up their minds imo).

How did u feel it went?

Everyone prepares but some people forget things when they get extremely anxious and worried. Like they mite b amazing otherwise just when they enter the room they blank out and sometimes come up with irrational answers. Interviewers also comment on how nervous and confident u are.

I attached the table thing they use at interview. Not sure if uve seen it before or not...

Oh and almost forgot, gd luck!! :smile:
Original post by Cpn.ITried
Posted from TSR Mobile

Final interviews to be given out by end of this week. So if anyone has received an email about how delighted imperial are to have recieved your application similar to the one recieved by the interview offer holders, youre in luck. The last few emails appear to be destined to your inboxes. Congratulations y'all! :biggrin:

Where did you hear this?
Original post by Master219
Sorry to hear :frown: Yh true that. :biggrin:
Hmmm, sound like track didnt send u an email to say a change had been made, or i guess their email thingy is quite laggy...

Yeah, when I got an offer from somewhere else, it took a while for the email to send even though track had been updated some hours ago :s-smilie:
Original post by usycool1
Yeah, when I got an offer from somewhere else, it took a while for the email to send even though track had been updated some hours ago :s-smilie:

Ahhh, i see... u hav to be pretty good at timings to catch the track update before the email sends lol!!
Are u yr13 or gap year, if u dont mind me asking?

(congrats on the offer! :biggrin: )
Reply 867
Original post by simranchhugani

Where did you hear this?

I talked to the admissions team. They told me that majority of interviews has been already sent and that the rest of us may expect an answer within a month;/. Unfortunately, they told me nothing about this email;(
Original post by Master219
Ahhh, i see... u hav to be pretty good at timings to catch the track update before the email sends lol!!
Are u yr13 or gap year, if u dont mind me asking?

(congrats on the offer! :biggrin: )

Haha. :tongue:

I am a reapplicant, taking a gap year.

Thanks. :smile:
Reply 869
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
I'm the best looking one.

well aren't you modest :tongue:
Original post by usycool1
Haha. :tongue:

I am a reapplicant, taking a gap year.

Thanks. :smile:

Seen
so, anyone got any offers this year yet?

I had my interview on tuesday and I am way too anxious.
Does anyone know the odds of getting into UCL after interview ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I attached the table thing they use at interview. Not sure if uve seen it before or not...

How do they assess you on leadership and teamwork at a panel interview?
Original post by ozbilege
so, anyone got any offers this year yet?

I had my interview on tuesday and I am way too anxious.

I had mine last Tuesday, it gets much much worse
Hurry up fgs
Original post by Futuremedic2096
I had mine last Tuesday, it gets much much worse

I can imagine.

Being an international student, travelling across the continent just for the 10 mins then having to wait for 2 weeks sucks.

If the result is negative, that's even worse. Travelling across the continent to come back home totally empty handed, even with all the required stats and more, just because of the said 10 mins.
Original post by ozbilege
I can imagine.

Being an international student, travelling across the continent just for the 10 mins then having to wait for 2 weeks sucks.

If the result is negative, that's even worse. Travelling across the continent to come back home totally empty handed, even with all the required stats and more, just because of the said 10 mins.

Ive been a nightmare to be around this week -very emotional
I wanted to know before my interview Wednesday
oh god I can imagine
where are you from
Original post by sweetlemon

How do they assess you on leadership and teamwork at a panel interview?

Hmmmm... they might just ask u directly, how would u deal with an idiot in ur group that ur the leader of eg... i think its more qualities and whether u seem to be open to ideas from the panel.
Original post by Futuremedic2096
Ive been a nightmare to be around this week -very emotional
I wanted to know before my interview Wednesday
oh god I can imagine
where are you from

Cyprus. Amost the southernmost and the easternmost point from the UK considering the continent. So yeah, the exact other side of the continent.

I'm trying to hold myself together for as long as possible, but people telling me 'I'm sure you'll get in' and 'don't worry' is NOT making me any more comfortable, not at all. You know, it only makes me feel more responsible since if I fail, I won't only let myself down big time, I will also let all the people around me down, who don't neccessarily appreciate how vigorous this process actually is and how even getting an interview invitation should be a big deal. Gosh. We have a saying here 'I'll cry if you touch me'. That's exactly my situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending