The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Federzoni
Has anyone been accepted into Reading yet? I've sent off questionnaire and they said they would reply by today but haven't yet :/

I had the same thing! Wish they would just let us know either way :frown:
Yeah I'm getting so anxious I just want know, it's just annoying that they put a date and then don't stick to it!
Original post by Kaylou12
Thanks :smile: Yes I had my first interview at MMU yesterday, I think it went okay but it's hard to tell. I know lots of people are still waiting to hear back from the first round of interviews so I'm not expecting a reply for a while. I hope you hear back soon by the way! :smile:

I also have interviews at Marjon and Leeds coming up but haven't heard from Manchester it BCU yet.
Did you have a favourite between Manchester and MMU?

Yeah i know people have heard back from the first 2 lots of interviews. Looking at last year, people had interviews this same week and heard the following week so it could be any time. Congratulations on all your interviews :smile: I didn't really have a favourite... I'll just go to whichever one accepts me.. If any do haha
Original post by nesca89
Yeah i know people have heard back from the first 2 lots of interviews. Looking at last year, people had interviews this same week and heard the following week so it could be any time. Congratulations on all your interviews :smile: I didn't really have a favourite... I'll just go to whichever one accepts me.. If any do haha

Oh no don't tell me that!! Haha thanks :smile: Yeah I feel the same, I'd be happy anywhere. Just want to start a career! You will definitely get in!! Best of luck :smile:
Oh no don't tell me that!! Haha thanks :smile: Yeah I feel the same, I'd be happy anywhere. Just want to start a career! You will definitely get in!! Best of luck :smile:

Haha hopefully you'll hear very soon :smile:
I was there yesterday too and yes they did seem to cut some bits off. The tour and meeting tutors? I was hoping to meet some students to get more of a feel for the course! I liked the research talk though, they seem to have some experts there.
Are they not your top choice then?

Good luck to you.

Might have seen you yesterday - we were just coming out of a class as the interviewees were arriving! They have messed with the timetable this week as we are usually well clear before the interviews start - maybe the clash caused the "cut off" feeling - I always thought they were quite detailed in their talks.
Original post by JordanC55
Do you have any tips for the interview

Wish I could help but its hard cos who knows how they decide? There were some trends last year where it seemed if one uni made u an offer then certain others didn't - all I can suggest is research the role and think about any relevant personal experiences. It only takes one offer after all even though its nice to get a choice.

There doesn't seem to be any "magic formula" but sure you will do fine!
Also does anyone else have an interview for UEA on Tuesday?
Original post by AmyPilot
Good luck to you.

Might have seen you yesterday - we were just coming out of a class as the interviewees were arriving! They have messed with the timetable this week as we are usually well clear before the interviews start - maybe the clash caused the "cut off" feeling - I always thought they were quite detailed in their talks.

Thank you! I did like it there, but for some reason I though more would happen! Yes there were two talks and they gave us a lot of info. I had a look in the resource room too and there was loads in there! Haha yes may have seen you in passing :smile: Could I PM you if I have any questions about the course? If I get an offer that is!
Original post by lotti.crocker
I received an offer for Psychology and Language Sciences, but I know at least 2 people on here have got replies for SaLT offers.

I've had an offer for slt x
Original post by shropshirelass51
Hi there,
I am a very mature student (!) applying to BCU. I already have a degree and was an early years teacher, before taking a career break. For those of you looking for voluntary experience, I have been working with the Stroke Association as a Communications Volunteer and they are always looking for new volunteers. I have learnt a lot doing this. I
hope everyone did ok in their AS's, my son has just finished his A levels and I was more nervous than him! I have the relevant experience and qualifications, but think I may be too old to be offered a place.

Hi where is this stroke association if ou don't mind me asking?
I'm so scared about City now, other people in my school have had offers and I'm sat here on a knife edge...just reply! :frown:
I've only seen one person with an offer from City - who else has one?!
Uea said I'd hear from them by the 23rd December and I haven't .. Has anyone else?!
Original post by eskimok1
I've only seen one person with an offer from City - who else has one?!

Girl in my school! It was unconditional too so she's smug...
Original post by soufflekitty
Girl in my school! It was unconditional too so she's smug...

Wow and that was for SLT?!
Rang BCU again :frown: told my application is still in the process.. And will hear very soon.. Which they said 2 weeks ago! Boo hoo :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrsMoonie
Rang BCU again :frown: told my application is still in the process.. And will hear very soon.. Which they said 2 weeks ago! Boo hoo :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gosh. Thanks for updating...I've heard nothing either. Is this normal for them to be taking so long? Seriously...some of us have been waiting on news for months now!!!
Original post by JaaySLT
Gosh. Thanks for updating...I've heard nothing either. Is this normal for them to be taking so long? Seriously...some of us have been waiting on news for months now!!!

Not a clue lovely.. I had my interview on the 1st December like a lot of people I think! But because I applied straight to them, they said I should hear back from the uni itself before Christmas! But obviously that went to pot.. I think I've failed miserably and I won't be getting a place this year.. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! I did like it there, but for some reason I though more would happen! Yes there were two talks and they gave us a lot of info. I had a look in the resource room too and there was loads in there! Haha yes may have seen you in passing :smile: Could I PM you if I have any questions about the course? If I get an offer that is!

Glad you liked it and no problem with PM - will help if I can! Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest