The Student Room Group

help, IS IT OK TO BE PLACED IN AN OFSTED RATED SATISFACTORY SCHOOL BY MY UNI ??

Hiya, my uni wishes to have me do a placement at a school that is only rated 'satisfactory' by OFSTED...I thought the PGCE rules required us to do placements only in schools rated GOOD, or OUTSTANDING? Can anyone clarify the rules for me?
You can be placed in any school that follows the National Curriculum regardless of their OFSTED grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ash1111
Hiya, my uni wishes to have me do a placement at a school that is only rated 'satisfactory' by OFSTED...I thought the PGCE rules required us to do placements only in schools rated GOOD, or OUTSTANDING? Can anyone clarify the rules for me?

I am not aware of any such rule - I think you have imagined it.
Original post by dean caton
You can be placed in any school that follows the National Curriculum regardless of their OFSTED grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really? I thought schools that had been placed into special measures by OFSTED can't accept students. I'm sure I've heard that.
Original post by Veggiechic6
Really? I thought schools that had been placed into special measures by OFSTED can't accept students. I'm sure I've heard that.

That is usually the case.
OFSTED ratings have little to no correlation with how good the school is.
A student can be placed in any school that is NOT in special measures. Regardless of whether their Ofsted grade is satisfactory or not.

If a school goes into special measures AFTER a student starts they can finish their placement.

If a school goes into special measures before you start, you cannot be placed their.

We had this problem pop up during our placement before Xmas

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending