The Student Room Group

BIMM Manchester

Has anyone confirmed their place at BIMM Manchester yet? If so, what accommodation are you looking at?

Scroll to see replies

YES I got a conditional and im looking at the liberty living accommodation it looks very good
Reply 2
Original post by robmaggyjay
YES I got a conditional and im looking at the liberty living accommodation it looks very good

I've been looking at the manchester student village victoria point to be precise and that looks nice! I hadn't really heard of any others if i'm honest! What course did you apply for?
Reply 3
when did you all submit your applications? i still haven't heard back from bimm but it's my first choice :frown:

in terms of accomodation, i think mansion house, liberty point, parkway gate and new medlock house look good, all in great location and the facilities seem nice :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by sophmole
when did you all submit your applications? i still haven't heard back from bimm but it's my first choice :frown:

in terms of accomodation, i think mansion house, liberty point, parkway gate and new medlock house look good, all in great location and the facilities seem nice :smile:

I submitted mine early November and didn't hear back while mid December. It's my first choice too!

I've been looking at Manchester student village, Victoria point seems lovely!

What course have you applied for?
Reply 5
oh yes i checked both of those out too, they look nice and definitely most affordable :smile: i'm a sucker for my creature comforts though and am looking for student halls with an en suite :tongue:

i've applied for the music business degree :smile: how about you?
Reply 6
oh yes i checked both of those out too, they look nice and definitely most affordable :smile: i'm a sucker for my creature comforts though and am looking for student halls with an en suite :tongue:

i've applied for the music business degree :smile: how about you?

I've already said to people i'm not going anywhere where I have to share a bathroom hahahah!

Oh I was going to apply for the one, but changed my mind last minute and decided on Events Management!
Reply 7
ooooh nice i was considering the events management course too :smile:

also if you dont want a shared bathroom then it rules student village and victoria point out unfortunately! :tongue:
Reply 8
ooooh nice i was considering the events management course too :smile:

also if you dont want a shared bathroom then it rules student village and victoria point out unfortunately! :tongue:

That explains why the bathroom is so nice and big! I wont bother going to look at it then! I'll have to have a look at the ones you mentioned!

Have you been to any open days?
Reply 9
hahah my thoughts exactly!
yeah i've been to open days at the bimms in both manchester and brighton :smile: manchester is much closer to home for me though and and its always been my preference (just hoping i get offered a place)

how about you?
Reply 10
hahah my thoughts exactly!
yeah i've been to open days at the bimms in both manchester and brighton :smile: manchester is much closer to home for me though and and its always been my preference (just hoping i get offered a place)

how about you?

I've been one in Manchester in September I think it was, I'm going to another one on Feb 21st just because I wanna see it again!! I was look at Brighton, but decided I wanted to be far enough away from home so that I wouldn't go home every weekend but close enough to home so that If I needed to get home I could do so easily!

I'm sure you will! What are you predicted grades? They go on passion and experience more than academic anyway!
ah i see! :smile: i'm very tempted to go to another open day too haha, so whereabouts are you from normally?

and in terms of my predicted grades its all a bit complicated really :frown:
the courses i've been on over the last two years have chop and changed! but basically the AS i did last year related to music gave me an A, which i think is equivalent to 60 ucas points, then i also did another qualification which gave me '26 credits' but i have no idea what that is in ucas points...
this year i've been studying level 3 music business which i'm predicted to get distinction in which is 180 ucas points, so overall i should have at least 240 points i think? :s-smilie:
Reply 12
ah i see! :smile: i'm very tempted to go to another open day too haha, so whereabouts are you from normally?

and in terms of my predicted grades its all a bit complicated really :frown:
the courses i've been on over the last two years have chop and changed! but basically the AS i did last year related to music gave me an A, which i think is equivalent to 60 ucas points, then i also did another qualification which gave me '26 credits' but i have no idea what that is in ucas points...
this year i've been studying level 3 music business which i'm predicted to get distinction in which is 180 ucas points, so overall i should have at least 240 points i think? :s-smilie:

I love their open days! They are so different from other ones I've been too! The live music as well!!

I'm from Goole, not sure whether you will of heard of it? It's near doncaster and hull! What about you?

240 is more than enough ucas points to get in!
i know, it seems so great there!

and yes i'm familiar with Goole actually, i think its about half an hour away from me, i live in york :smile:

my fingers are crossed for getting a place! bimm seems so ideal :smile: did you have to go for an interview or anything?
Reply 14
i know, it seems so great there!

and yes i'm familiar with Goole actually, i think its about half an hour away from me, i live in york :smile:

my fingers are crossed for getting a place! bimm seems so ideal :smile: did you have to go for an interview or anything?

Yeah it is!

Yeah, it is! York is so pretty!!

Well before I applied it said i'd have to go for an interview before they offered me a place, but they offered me a place without me having to go for an interview!
yeah i love it here, i'm so ready to move though! and Manchester is a brilliant city :smile:

oh right, lucky you! have you secured bimm as your firm choice then?
Hey!

I've applied for both Music Events Management and Music Business, sent off my application on Tuesday and haven't had an email or anything yet, just wondering how long they took to reply to all of you? So worried I won't hear anything and it's my first choice! Haha
Original post by georgiapedleyx
Hey!

I've applied for both Music Events Management and Music Business, sent off my application on Tuesday and haven't had an email or anything yet, just wondering how long they took to reply to all of you? So worried I won't hear anything and it's my first choice! Haha

i wouldn't worry! i'm in the same boat as you i think, i sent my application off on tuesday too and haven't heard a word back since, i have other friends who got offered a place and said it took about a month for them to get a reply though, so they're probably still going though applications :smile:
i wouldn't worry! i'm in the same boat as you i think, i sent my application off on tuesday too and haven't heard a word back since, i have other friends who got offered a place and said it took about a month for them to get a reply though, so they're probably still going though applications :smile:

Oh okay! That puts me at ease haha!
Just so nerve racking as I'm currently doing level 3 Art and Fashion design and everyone in my class has had emails for interviews etc and I've heared nothing yet!
I saw that the two of you have applied for the courses that I applied for! If we all get offered a place, should definitely keep in touch during the rest of the year! :smile:
Original post by georgiapedleyx
Oh okay! That puts me at ease haha!
Just so nerve racking as I'm currently doing level 3 Art and Fashion design and everyone in my class has had emails for interviews etc and I've heared nothing yet!
I saw that the two of you have applied for the courses that I applied for! If we all get offered a place, should definitely keep in touch during the rest of the year! :smile:

did they submit their applications at the same time as you or was it before/ after? i'm sure there's still nothing to worry about :smile: are you predicted enough ucas points?
and yes definitely! what sort of accommodation were you thinking of staying in? because i really want to be staying somewhere with other freshers from bimm, that would be ideal :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest